UPDATE-VH1 has expanded the franchise of its popular reality TV show ‘Love & Hip Hop’ to Atlanta”. The spin-off will make its debut on June 18 with a cast mostly packed with names and faces that may only be familiar to Atlanta hip-hop fans. So to be broadly appealing, it will have to come down to personalities and chemistry. Will they pop? Will they entertain? Will they provide the proper amount of manufactured drama? We shall see. To VH1’s credit no one knew of Chrissy and Emily Bustamante outside of a small circle and they’re household names. Take a look at the new cast below – photos to follow soon.
– Stevie J., a three-time Grammy Award winning producer who has worked with Diddy, Jay-Z and Mariah Carey.
– Stevie J’s girlfriend Mimi Faust.
– Up-and-coming Latina rapper Joseline.
– Lil Scrappy (”Money in the Bank”), his girlfriend Erica Dixon and his mom, nicknamed “Momma Dee.”
– Atlanta rapper Rasheeda, who is still seeking a big break, plus her manager and husband Kirk Frost.
– Songbird K Michelle
– Trinidadian R&B singer Karlie Redd
There will be ten episodes. Will you watch Love and Hip Hop Atlanta?
Read more at Atlantablackstar.com