VH1’s new docu-soap, “Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta,” a spin-off of the very successful original version, debuts June 18 with a cast mostly packed with names and faces that may only be familiar to Atlanta hip-hop fans. So to be broadly appealing, it will have to come down to personalities and chemistry. Will they pop? Will they entertain? Will they provide the proper amount of manufactured drama? We shall see:
– Stevie J., a three-time Grammy Award winning producer who has worked with Diddy, Jay-Zand Mariah Carey.
– Stevie J’s girlfriend Mimi Faust.
– Up-and-coming Latina rapper Joseline.
– Lil Scrappy (”Money in the Bank”), his girlfriend Erica Dixon and his mom, nicknamed “Momma Dee.”
– Atlanta rapper Rasheeda, who is still seeking a big break, plus her manager and husband Kirk Frost.
– Songbird K Michelle
– Trinidadian R&B singer Karlie Redd
There will be ten episodes.
To read the rest of Rodney Ho’s story, go to AJC