Usher Lands a Small Victory In Herpes Case with Male Accuser

0
3450

Usher has continued to battle his herpes accusations in the courts over the last year and recently, he’s been handed a small victory in dealings with his male accuser.

The anonymous male plaintiff recently withdrew his motion to compel the crooner to turn over his medical records, according to documents obtained by The Blast in a Dec. 3 article. Additionally, the John Doe wanted Usher to hand over files dealing with any other herpes-related settlements. While the documents state the accuser could bring the motion again later, he is currently moving forward with “further discovery.”

Usher
ATLANTA, GA – OCTOBER 14: Usher Raymond attends Usher’s Birthday Party at Gold Room on October 14, 2018, in Atlanta, Georgia. (Photo by Prince Williams/Wireimage)

The nameless man alleged he and Usher had sex at a spa in Los Angeles’ Koreatown and in a June filing, he requested that the singer be required to hand over files relating to his medical history and possible past settlements. The accuser claimed Usher was refusing to turn over those items and believed they would be valuable evidence in the case.

John Doe also asked the judge require Usher to comply and hand down a protective order since, he said, public dissemination of the star’s medical history would infringe on the “No Limit” singer’s privacy and lead to distress and embarrassment. He also said the medical information he previously received from Usher, which was discovered as the legal proceedings progressed, could pose a threat for harassment should the files leak.

At the time, Usher refused to answer the many questions from his accuser, including whether or not the singer has settled similar claims. Still, John Doe dismissed that saying its “widely reported that Defendant has settled similar claims throughout the years.”

Meanwhile, Usher still faces other herpes accusations from public accusers Laura Helm and Quantasia Sharpton.

[wpdevart_facebook_comment ]