Screen Shot 2014-12-26 at 10.53.04 AMActor and musician Jamie Foxx is more notable for his sense of humor and jovial comedy sketches than for serious views on current events. But the Annie actor recently opened up to Rolling Out Magazine about his struggle being Black in Hollywood and his recent unpleasant encounter with police.

“Keenan Ivory Wayans taught me a lot of s—” Foxx recalled of his mentors. “Whatever you do—as an African American entertainer, you’ve got to be the best at it. We don’t settle for mediocre. Being on ‘In Living Color’ gave me the DNA and the work ethic to get things done. When you talk about the struggles of Black Hollywood, there was always a struggle. They would always pick one. In the ’60s, there was Redd Foxx. Seventies, it was Richard Pryor. Eighties, it was just Eddie Murphy. [But in the] ’90s? ‘In Living Color,’ the Wayans [family], [Chris] Rock, the Kings of Comedy, Chris Tucker, Kevin Hart, [Dave] Chappelle — there [are] a lot of people on the comedy side really flourishing now. Things are opening up and I know Chris Rock did a great article about the struggles of it, but also the hope at the end of it; because if you look at Tyler Perry, he’s doing his own thing.”

The hardships of being a Black entertainer didn’t just stop with the film and television industries. Though Foxx had musical hit after hit, he would still commonly have a hard time pitching songs to music executives.

“My record company says ‘Well, Jamie, you’re an urban artist …,’ ” Foxx said. “But my audience is everybody. I worked hard to make that. I’m in Rome, walking around with kids who are 8 or 9 and know me. I’m pitching something to some executives and they’re like ‘Maybe, it’s too urban.’ And I said, ‘let me take you to a Lil Wayne concert—the rapper. So we go. It’s sold out and I ask the executive ‘Turn around and tell me where you see the urban section.’ And he looked around and sees 20,000 White arms [in the air.] They [the kids] ain’t trippin’ on it.”

He went on to speak about the racist tensions surrounding police brutality and how no matter how “white” you feel, as a Black person, you are still liable to be subjected to police discrimination.

“Me being an African American entertainer—[I] still get nervous when the cops pull me over,” he said.

He recounted an experience he had while driving with actor Tyrin Turner.

“I got stopped a few weeks ago,” he said. “I’m driving in my neighborhood, which is predominantly White. And I’m feeling white—I got my top down and my Rolls Royce like ‘Wow, this is a great, white day!’ With my boy … we’re riding down 101 in L.A., chilling [on a] Sunday. All of a sudden, the cops get behind me. And I’m like ‘OK, the cops are behind me, but it’s a great day and I’m really mainstream.’ But he turns his lights on and I’m thinking ‘It couldn’t be me.’ And I actually move over and say ‘Yeah, go get ‘em! Go get those guys’ and he was like ‘It’s you—pull it over!’ and when he yelled at me, he yelled like I was crazy. He talked to me like I wasn’t human.”

The comedian doesn’t believe that the U.S. as a whole can heal without first addressing the problem head on, and accepting that racism still does exist in this country. According to Foxx, part of the problem is that people tend to blame the victims of police brutality for their deaths.

“What was the infraction?” he asked of Eric Garner’s case. “Guy selling cigarettes—he ends up dead. Guy was jaywalking—he ends up dead. Now, is it something going on with the way police are trained? Look at the kid who was in Aurora, Colorado, who came in and sprayed and killed 12 people. How many times did they shoot him? They didn’t shoot him — they just apprehended him. He just murdered 12 people. [It’s the] same with the other kid who was 23 years old, who murdered six people. They apprehended him.”

But the root of the issue will never be solved if we can’t talk about race, Foxx said.

“We have to have an uncomfortable conversation about race,” Foxx said. “I know I can say ‘when I see a police officer I get nervous.’ And I’m Jamie Foxx. As soon as they stop me, I tell ‘em, ‘You know I’m panicking. I’m nervous. Tell me what to do.’ But can a police officer say ‘I’m afraid of every Black person I see?’ Or ‘I don’t like that Black person?’ Can we really have that conversation?”

136 thoughts on “Jamie Foxx Opens Up About Black Struggles in Hollywood, His Fears When He Is Stopped By Police

1. Ralph Al says:

No we cant Because if you do your life is ruined

2. Dumisa Jele says:

Jamie, it's the bane of many accepting coexistence & harmony a cross the Colour grid. Others are raised with it and all they see is a potential anihilator without even talking to you. The conversation must happen.

3. Paul James says:

If 9/11 was a scar to the spirit of America, then racism is the congenital affliction… like a clubfoot, cleft palate or Downs Syndrome. Damn. America is crippled by it's own affliction and still won't accept it.

4. John Ashun says:

Big up Jamie foxx bless up for the New Year

5. Michael Anthony Taylor says:

Uh oh. A black celebrity talking about some of his negative experiences while being black in American. *ducks*

6. Ryan Read says:

I'll let you in on a secret. White people get nervous when the police pull them over also. #ISUPPORTFIRSTRESPONDERS

7. Yirmeyahu Eytan says:

Bullshit

8. Alex Gilliam says:

Oh we get scared alright. That we're gonna get a ticket. Big difference from the fear of possibly getting shot.

9. Monwabisi Mtshanam Grootboom says:

When White civilians themselves keep quiet about this – pretending to be blind to this or, at worst, come up with mischievous and highly insensitive statements in defence of such crime against humanity…then your country (and everywhere else this takes place) is taking mant steps backwards. As a Black African in South Africa who was born at the very height of Apartheid (racial segregation), allow me to add to the many voices that YOU ARE TAKING MANY STEPS THE WRONG DIRECTION AMERICA…and we – the World – are watching. It's a shame that your President seems to be pussyfooting, almost genuflecting, on this issue

10. Whether discussing black civilians, black policeman or black actors whenever writing or describing black people the number one go to word journalist, writers and reporters use to refer to black emotion is……..fear.

In spite of more specific appropriate words such as..apprehensive, cautious, suspecting, concerned, suspicious, leery or watchful they use the word..fear… and it is no coincidence nor accident.

11. Look how those racsit are playing down the cop kollings of unarmed Black folk,by highlighting the killings of those ny police by a CRAZY black person. The media single handedly is lessening the crimea police comment on a daily bases.

12. Daniel Maxwell says:

I think he is scared to loose money because I think his voice is not loud enough.. I don't want to read this on here, I want to read it on CNN, MSNBC and the rest of the main stream media.. He needs to speak up, because Hollywood is not paying attention or pretending to not hear our cry.

13. They can't or won't accept it. And that's because to accept this is to say that America isn't the true blue whatever anymore. We have so much dirt that our politicians don't clean up and then they wonder why things continue. It's because you keep allowing and protecting your pieces of filth. If they wouldn't give many of these racists and white supremacists (street level and board room) cover they would fade into history and be scared to show what they truly feel.

14. So you're basically saying they shoot every person of color! BS!!! Comply – easy to do. And before these conversations continue look at their police records! Michael Brown shouldn't even be discussed and his mother (who didn't raise him) shouldn't even have ANY public platform. He was NOT just jaywalking for God's sakes! Get the facts first before you say ignorant things! I saw NO public outrage when an Akron police officer was shot by (a thug of color) get shot and killed while trying to protect other people from being hurt! Quit listening to the official shit stirrer's Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. They're ignorant and have their own personal agendas. You DONT waive or point a gun real or play at a police officer! You will get shot! And you should! Get some REAL percentages on crime in this country and you might just figure out that the public perception is what precedes these thugs and not made up. So Jamie Fox, get your facts straight and quit blaming the police. How about you do some ride alongs in the ghettos with the police. Shame on you!!! The problem is NOT with the police. no

15. Donald Mode II says:

hey dumbass this is much bigger than Michael Brown much bigger than eric garner I don't know why you Europeans focus on the small thing that says absolutely very little about what the big picture is wake up!

16. Your post is the exact reason why we won't fix the problem.even if Mr brown wasn't j walking his crime wasn't as bad as most white criminals who are apprehended. Maybe you should actually talk to minorities and gear their stories

17. Your post is the exact reason why we won't fix the problem.even if Mr brown wasn't j walking his crime wasn't as bad as most white criminals who are apprehended. Maybe you should actually talk to minorities and gear their stories

18. I'm pulling my race card. This is one of the biggest racist in America and I know from personal experience with him. He is a total disgusting human being.

19. What started the looting and rioting???? Michael Brown. Trayvon Martin was shot by a thug and that's not who was blamed so why is he in these discussions? I'm not saying there's no rogue police officers but there's bad seeds everywhere. Who are you going to call when you need help? Snitches get Stitches????? In my neighborhood Crime gets Time!

20. But even 9/11 was about not understanding and disrespecting somebody's culture! All they wanted was for America to get their disrespectful solders out their country and stop rapping their women and getting drunk on their holy grounds.

21. Paul Samm says:

Barb Fisher- Bakita You missed the point of this article. This is about Jamie Foxx experiences. Why don't you address that. Talk to any professional black male and you will hear the same story.

22. Donald L Harrington says:

Riding thru your white neighborhood top down feeling white?

23. Donald L Harrington says:

Riding thru your white neighborhood top down feeling white?

24. Paul James says:

Barb Fisher- Bakita Again, as Europeans seem impelled to do for their mental convenience, you are compartmentalizing the entire issue. The incidences were merely the spark that has set off an entire bonfire of disgust with a country that seems to wear it's ignorance and illness on it's sleeve. From states wanting to rewrite the history of slavery and people of color and how those stories are taught, the outright racism directed at the first black president, the right wing's systemic effort to roll back voting rights and gerrymandering black districts, Militarized police departments as the strong arm of Wall street interests and more. C'mon, this issue is long in the making and can't be hidden as it affects everybody in america. Maybe you should buy a clue.

25. ( I hate fake PR Outrage ) just in time for "Annie" movie release.That's the only time we hear from most celebrities when their in promotion mode. Please spear me the SUDDEN awareness.

26. Ronda Valentine-Thompson says:

Exactly!

27. You get straigh. Whites are a duty race of people. I have never seen heartless people, like white people. That's how they are. I really feel for people like you.

28. Connie Maria LeonCapone says:

The biggest problem with racism is people like you, people who attempt to normalize or ligitimize it. Jamie Foxx is speaking of his own experience with the police…the key words here are "the police talked to him as though he were not human."..And that comes from deep seeded structural racism! The police don't shoot every person of color they encounter, however they kill enough of unarmed black/Hispanic men women and children without any accountability to suggest that there is indeed a huge problem! You arrogantly stated that Mike Browns mom didn't raise him, and I keep hearing that from white people and the media, yet I don't recall anyone questioning the parenting of James Eagan Holmes or Adam Lanza. I'm a law abiding citizen, I don't dress in "hoodies" nor "baggie pants" I was pulled over a few weeks ago while attempting to pick up my biracial grand daughter from elementary school,obviously I wasn't shot , yet the officer spoke to me very harshly not because I had committed any driving offense but because she didn't believe I belonged in that particular neighborhood…according the the officer she pulled me over so I can provide her the address of people I know in that neighborhood. I spoke to her with the utmost respect and didn't get any respect in return, and I'm thinking if the officer spoke to me in that manner, I can only imagine how my 14 year old son would have been treated by the same officer, and that thought terrifies me.

29. Kimberly Breaux says:

You have to read between the lines to understand what he is saying Donald. He's successful. He's rich. He is drying a car that cost more than many of our homes. He has finally made it. A black man riding through a white neighborhood but seemingly fits in because he has status. Yet, he is brought back down to reality with this encounter with the police. It goes to show that no matter how successful you become and how much money you have, to them you're still just another "nigger". And that's real talk.

30. Kimberly Breaux says:

31. Phoenix Rising says:

Carefree, because white people have carefree days. Their worries never are triggered by the appearance of law enf
    If they aren't committing a crime. It's reflex for Black and Brown folks. Your mind races and you have a Lil panic attack. Jamie thought for a hot second that his fame exempted him from the mere approach of law enforcement under similar terms.

32. Rishaun Young Dawson says:

Its so easy to make light of something you will never experience…Barb try being a black female getting pulled over and having to take off your shoes and socks and searched just because and no one giving you a reason why…Im educated….Never been in trouble before. .So then whats your super power? When you speak on situations you never experienced it makes you seem insensitive and a lil ignorant in your response…And thats when i was just a teen..smh at white America

33. Alek Weaver says:

This is such a joke lol. Eliot Rogers was shot to death and he was white. The Aurora shooter was already on the ground with his hands up when police approached him. Michael Brown was reaching for an officer's gun (ballistics don't lie), Eric Garner was terrible training, but again, he wasn't compliant. He instead chose to scream at the and challenge them. Police racism isn't real. I've been stopped because I was white with a beard and police thought I had meth lol. They stop and arrest based on what's most common in their area. The news reports the black people that were "unfairly" killed by police officers. Do you close minded morons think that no white people were killed by police recently? Right… You're all stupid

34. Connie Maria LeonCapone says:

Alek Weaver federal data shows that blacks, age 15 to 19, were killed at a rate of 31.17 per million, while just 1.47 per million white males in that age range died at the hands of police.DATA doesn't lie either….perhaps you should remove "white privilege" blinders before you decide to go trolling on matters that you couldn't possibly comprehend.

35. Martin Daniels says:

Thanks for telling the truth Alex Gilliam

36. The fact of the matter is that many white people will never see the difference no matter what happens. Not all white people are racists as we see in the marches that have been going on every since the killing of Travon Martin. Many of these people are taught the word nigger between the ages of 3 and 5 years old, and it's not uncommon in their households for their parents to teach them how to be bigots before they even start school. The media has a history of portraying black people as thugs, drug dealers. prostitutes, and pimps as the movies of earlier days are an illustration of how we were to be perceived. They sold this stuff to the world by only showing on the news media the negative side of who we really are. So many people who have never seen or been exposed to black folks would not know the truth. When I was a young child in the early 60's and late 70's there were no black policemen in my neighborhood so I have first hand experience of police brutality/police harassment which equals racism. I don't have to tell anyone my story because it's jut like every story here in America that has already been told, however I will elaborate on this topic very briefly. There was a time that although policemen murdered us at an alarming rate there was no media to cover it and we didn't have cell phones to record such incidents. Dogs were let loose on us just because they wanted to keep fear in us as well as have some fun. My parents had to sit me down and explain to all three of us, my brothers how to act when policemen approached us. I remember my mother saying to us and she made sure she had our undivided attention when she spoke. "Listen to me and listen good! When a white man or white policemen says something to you no matter what he says just say yes sir and get away from him without disrespecting him as soon as you can. You have already seen what they do to us so we can't give them a reason to kill anymore of us, do you understand?" That was a conversation that I would live by in order to stay alive!!! It is only when all of white America has learned this that we can began to heal. What we are seeing today is the last of the Bigots final stand and this to shall pass as they become extinct. In the meantime if we don't wake up and handle this situation with these trigger happy Cops and the authorities who stand behind their behavior, the world is going to witness the fall of a great country and they will laugh until they cry since we are the ones who suppose to be the world police. The sad part about this whole situation is that many white people don't believe that it will affect them because they live in these nice places and the same police who are killing black folks by the numbers will protect them. If they continue down this road they will be to busy protecting themselves and lawlessness will explode like a forest fire and then the world will see the true color of what was the greatest nation on earth fall just like what we witnessed with the twin towers!!!!

37. Alejandro Espinoza says:

As long as he doesn't rob a gas station or point a pistol at a cop he won't have to worry. Sick of the victim mentality.

38. Alek Weaver says:

Well actually Connie, the most recent year with data available is 2012 in which 386 whites were killed by police and a total of 140 blacks were killed. Also that year, 93% of homicides against blacks were by blacks. You can keep up with your bs "white privilege" excuse, but like you said, data doesn't lie. Instead of making excuses, why don't you look at culture and how people in that age range are influenced. We live in a hip hop culture/society where people are being taught that being a "gangster" and a "thug" is a cool thing and it affects all races, but mostly black Americans. In music and pop culture these days (which obviously has a bigger influence on black American culture), most role models talk about selling drugs and killing people in the lyrics and they glorify it… But you keep telling yourself that it's "white privilege" so that way you can make it seem like you're victimized. When you get a chance, look up how many legal organizations are in America to help young black Americans advance in life, then look up how many organizations are out there to help white people. Do some research before you start screaming "white privilege" just because Al Sharpton started a bandwagon.

39. Alek Weaver says:

40. Poor poor 1% re. Whoa is me. Here's a solution. Go back to afrika. Dats right, take yer knowledge from here and go there to make afrika the kind of place u want to be in. Black people alllllll around you. Don't talk about your roots, plant your roots. Then let us all know how it works out. Problem may be that the obomo phones might not have good reception and you will now be confused calling yourselves afrikan- afrikan. Just does

41. Melissa Williams says:

You also don't seem too bright so I guess they go hand and hand.

42. Melissa Williams says:

You also don't seem too bright so I guess they go hand and hand.

43. Melissa Williams says:

Oh, he also shouldn't buy skittles, walk home at night alone, jaywalk, or sell lose cigarettes; all of which are grounds to be shot. Stfu.

44. Melissa Williams says:

45. Melissa Williams says:

46. Alex majority of any crimes committed by any race are usually committed against people of the same race. White on white crime is at 83% so that's not a legitimate point. Also saying hip hop is the reason for gangster mentality is complete bullshit. Do you remember the TV show gun smoke? That show was created long before hip hop. Al Capona was a mobster long before the invention of hip hop in this country. The truth is this country promotes violence . Tom and Jerry , Elmar taken 3 etc…. This country was built on violence

47. Alek Weaver says:

You do bring up a good point James. This country is definitely built on violence. The difference is that during the Al Capone era, celebrities were not openly promoting it, and it wasn't as accessible as it is today. Gang violence started a long time ago, but it is so much worse now and the hip hop culture had a lot to do with it. I'm not blaming hip hop, I'm blaming the culture it created.

48. Alek Weaver says:

49. Alek Weaver says:

50. Alex the hip hop culture is a creation of fabrication of those violent mantalities. Its not just Al, like I said Tom and Jerry was prevalent in almost every child's home and it was extremely violent. Who do you think the largest consumer of hip hop music? Who do you think owns and promotes those radio stations, record labels and news outlets promoting those images? Watch a video called "hip-hop rhyme or reason " it should shed some light on what hip hop really is abd who controls rap

51. Alex also we need to differentiate between hip hop and rap.hip hop is usually a more politically driven conscious form of art. Its often times less violent and more conscious. Rap on the other hand is usually less artistic and more violent. Its also more funded and more backed by promotional companies

52. Sasha Nolan says:

U all an not sit an judge jamie he is always there to speak about justice. .look at Travyon Martin jamie was going hard for that brother so not jamie sone other blk who is afraid to speak up

53. Sasha Nolan says:

54. Connie Maria LeonCapone says:

Alek Weaver I guess you missed the memo on the CDC report….1. that data was considered to be very faulty due to that fact of it being collected from only 17 states vs- all 50 states. 2.that "DATA" listed Hispanics as whites due to the fact that it was data collected by coroners….and by the way there is no need for "organizations" to help white people, because the entire justice systems was designed to help white people…Bill "Racist"O'rielly tried pulling that very same"CDC" report out of his ass, and fact checkers deemed it to be false based on racist bullshit reporting..Thank you for reporting that 93% of blacks are killed by other blacks….that's a damn shame! but guess what 83 % of white murder victims were killed by whites….yet I don't hear Fox news addressing white on white crime the way the try pushing the phrase "black on black crime"

55. Connie Maria LeonCapone says:

56. Connie Maria LeonCapone says:

57. Alek Weaver says:

Connie…The CDC report that YOU are quoting is the exact one that was falsified. The report that I quoted is the most updated 2012 report on homicide which shows that 247 Hispanics were killed… Still less than white. James, rap is still considered part of hip hop culture. There are definitely different kinds, but like you said, rap is promoted much more.

58. Alek Weaver says:

Also Connie…I do not come from a privileged family by any means. Are you saying that if a black person and I are in the same situation that I don't deserve help from an organizing because I'm white?

59. Connie Maria LeonCapone says:

Alek Weaver first of all my quotes did not come from the CDC report …You do not have to come from a "privileged family" to benefit from White Privilege…do you know why white people deny racism???? It's because they don't experience structural racism that this country was built upon…And that is white privilege. You will never have the experience that Jamie Fox and countless other black men endure when dealing with the police because you are viewed as being human first no matter the situation….black people living in this country are dehumanized by white society on a daily basis that its why and how many white people are able to justify the killings of unarmed black men, women, and even children.

60. Chico Jude says:

Alek Weaver She is saying that if a black person and a white person are in the same situation the white person is less likely to get killed, more likely to get a shorter jail time, more likely to be ignored by the police, and treated like a citizen rather than a felon.

61. Chico Jude says:

62. Robert Cager says:

I know what he's saying. He's a comedian, so he's saying it in a funny way. But, he's riding in his Rolls; enjoying life; just feeling great about who/where he is in life. Just explaining it in a funny way. I get it.

63. Robert Cager says:

Phoenix Rising Exactly what he's saying. Just being funny about it. I understand what he's saying

64. Robert Cager says:

I'm not getting into any name calling, but Barb Fisher-Bakita, you are missing the entire point Mr. FOX was making. Our experiences are totally different than what you know. We don't have to be doing anything wrong to be mistreated by Law Enforcement. Bless your heart Lady.

65. Robert Cager says:

Barb Fisher- Bakita, If I have an emergency, I call the Police. I pay very high taxes for that purpose. Thank you so kindly.

66. Robert Cager says:

67. Robert Cager says:

68. Robert Cager says:

69. Robert Cager says:

70. Alek Weaver says:

But that's not the case. Police officers that are dicks are dicks to everyone and don't treat people with respect. White people don't deny racism. Racism is real and it comes from all sides. I'm sure there are some white cops that target black people and black cops that target white people. The updated reports show that black people aren't shot more than white people. The statistics that you used Connie were by total population, not violent offenders. This is done on purpose to show inflated numbers because that's how the media makes money on these stories. Don't fall for the stuff that people say and websites report. It all comes down to this… We can both say to each other "you don't know because you're not one of us." That's how the dividers keep us in line. What I CAN say is that my friend DaQuan and my brother both were charged with the same crime when they were together (possession of marijuana) and my brother received a much more intense sentence. No priors for either of them. It could depend on state too. I could see Illinois doing it, but there are a lot more black gangs and a lot more violence in Illinois.

71. He's a comedian… lol. You can't ride with Tyrin (Kane from Menace II Society) and feel too 'white'…LOL

72. He wasn't saying that every person of color gets shot. He just highlighted incidents where deadly force wasn't used in a more dangerous situation. I agree with you in the case where if someone tried to kill me and I'm an officer and I genuinely feel threatened, idc what race, gender, nor handicap they may have I'm shooting them. But if you do look at crime your view will be swayed by faulty results. If I placed 100 officers in one neighborhood and 20 in another, just based on the set of eyes alone the 100 officers will see and report more crime. I think the issue is the relationship that officers have with the public. If people of any color could get pulled over and not get nervous and figgity than it would make for smoother encounters with officers. The problem is that so many ppl are taught that cops are against them and that's what is going through their mind when pulled over. Now we also would be ignorant and naive to not see that racism still exist and plays a huge role in not just the justice system but every system because ppl who are racist fill tons of the systems.

73. Alek Weaver says:

I couldn't agree with you more Gabe. Racism affects everyone including white people. It's all there. I just get upset when people talk about white privilege when it will vary from person to person no matter what race or gender you are.

74. If you ask the difference between rap and hip hop you'll get a range of different answers. Simply hip hop is a culture where as rap is a cancer. You never answered my question, who makes up the largest demographic consumer of rap music?

75. Alek Weaver says:

James… The largest consumer means nothing today. I don't pay for any music besides my 2 favorite bands. Consumer reports don't show rsp genres with Amazon music… Only I tunes. It's a question with too many variables so it doesn't have an exact answer.

76. Alek Weaver says:

77. The exact answer is and always has been young to middle-aged white America. Since the birth of rap music it's been that way . so what exactly does that say ? You also never answered the question about who controls the music labels, promotional companies and news outlets promoting This negative image.

78. Scott Generale says:

AMEN, AMEN, AMEN, THANK YOU MONWABISI YOU ARE SO RIGHT. I BEEN SAYING THE SAME FOR SO LONG.. NOTHING WILL CHANGE UNTIL BLACK PEOPLE STOP BEING COWARDS AND FIGHT FOR EQUAL JUSTICE AND FIGHT POLICE BACK TO ET THEM TO STOP ABUSING AND KILLING THEM. IF AFRO AMERICANS DO NOT WANT TO FIGHT POLICE BACK THEN EXPECT TO CONTINUE BEING KILLED BY POLICE

79. Scott Generale says:

NOT EVEN FEELING SORRY FOR THIS SO CALLED CELEBRITIES, WHY THEIR ASS NOT ON THE FRONT LINE FIGHTING POLICE BRUTALITY BACK INSTEAD OF JUST TALKING ABOUT IT? TALKING AND MARCHING IS NOT GOING TO DO SHIT, NOT A DAMN THING. THEY WILL CONTINUE KILLING AFRO AMERICANS AND BEATING THEM BECAUSE THEY DO NOT WANT TO FIGHT BACK.. ESPECIALLY CELEBRITIES..

80. Alek Weaver says:

People of many different races control the promotional outlets for radio music. Again, that answer contains way too many variables with how music is distributed. So which race do you think is more affected by rap music? Where does that influence touch down?

81. If you're talking financially then we'd easily be talking about people of European decent. If you're talking the negativity then the black youth. Of the major record labels that distribute rap music only 1 has a partial owner who is a minority. Why do you think hip hop is less funded than rap music? Why hasn't anyone ever questioned the owners of these companies?

82. He also better not reach for his ID, even if the officer asks for it. He also better not buy an airsoft gun from Walmart.

83. All you people need to stop making all inclusive statements about all people of a certain demographic…whether you're black or white there's nothing to be nervous about when police pull you over if u aren't or haven't done anything wrong…just comply! All black people don't get get nervous when their stopped by the cops…im sure white people get nervous too.

84. Sick of black and white people making all inclusive statements about each other when neither knows every single individual of a group to base their statements on…all black and white people don't think alike simoly because externally they share similar biological features..and this is coming from a black person.

85. Alex Gilliam says:

Or hang out in dark stairwells or listen to music too loud.

86. Dennis Young says:

No need complicate the subject. Police are discriminating the use of lethal force at present . But make no mistake. Lethal force , armored vehicles , helicopters . They plan on using those on EVERYBODY.

87. Diana, if that's what 9/11 was about then those ppl are hypocrites because they're doing the same exact thing right now in their own land

88. R u serious. …many police are out of control and need to be retrain….Unfortunately mostly blacks r at risk of getting shot when it comes to American police…..12 year old black boy playing in the park with a toy gun…..someone calls the police. They arrive on the seen guns blazing, killing the kid….foreal, no warning. This is 1 of the many situations mostly blacks are faced with…..Our kids can't even play in the park

89. R u serious. …many police are out of control and need to be retrain….Unfortunately mostly blacks r at risk of getting shot when it comes to American police…..12 year old black boy playing in the park with a toy gun…..someone calls the police. They arrive on the seen guns blazing, killing the kid….foreal, no warning. This is 1 of the many situations mostly blacks are faced with…..Our kids can't even play in the park

90. R u serious. …many police are out of control and need to be retrain….Unfortunately mostly blacks r at risk of getting shot when it comes to American police…..12 year old black boy playing in the park with a toy gun…..someone calls the police. They arrive on the seen guns blazing, killing the kid….foreal, no warning. This is 1 of the many situations mostly blacks are faced with…..Our kids can't even play in the park

91. But if he shoots and kills 14 people he might get apprehended…oh yea if he black that surely won't happen

92. I'm sure it takes 1 to know 1 in your case

93. Diamond Pinder says:

You can't reason with this kind of ignorance/racism/stupidity/horrible grammar.

94. Ricky bruh to be real it don't matter what they do it's they land feel me?. They can do what they want in they land. I mean we do shit over here and you don't see other countries sending they troops in trying to stop us. Hell na because we'll send they ass back home. But to all who didnt know 9/11 was fought over oil and wealth for the top .01%. There were no terrorist. Everyone was military. I apologize if I offend any service men/women, but we were fighting a blind war. There was never weapons of mass destruction, never anything of that sort. The government just wanted their oil but didn't have a legitimate reason to go over there. Therefore they set up 9/11. Al quiada or however it's spelled, is real, bin ladin and Hussein were real. However, they were hired by our government. People just believe what the media tells them. Like who in they right fuckin mind would let someone take over a plane with a fucking box cutter.?! Be foreal. Anyway yea our country is in desperate help from corruption to racism to killing our own people over grass, dead slave owners and powder. America too busy in other countries affairs that doesn't have shit to do with us.

95. Alek Weaver says:

So are you trying to say that these "European Descended" people are purposely trying to distribute rap music to affect black people? Even though they don't write lyrics? Dr. Dre owns Aftermath and they've put out quite a bit of rap music. And by European I think you just meant straight Jewish lol.

96. I agree that Caucasian people get scared when police stop them. You don see a majority of them killed during a police stop!

97. You are like a lot of Caucasian people always making excuses for the police. There are a lot of Black people that comply, but still get shot at or killed.

98. Yes it's called Marshal law which will fulfill prophesies in le Bible. The end is near people

99. Yes it's called Marshal law which will fulfill prophesies in le Bible. The end is near people

100. He came from a racists town what do you expect? Terrell, TX is still racist.

101. A black man wouldn't of been able to kill that many people because the police would of been there in .01 seconds. He would probably kill half before (check this out) being KILLED his damn self, not apprehended. Fuck the politicians, fuck 12, fuck the political system, fuck racism and everyone who doesn't see it as a problem.

102. Keylah Sykes says:

You think him saying this helped the Annie box office? You are gravely mistaken. In fact, most celebrities have kept their mouths shut about this race issue so they do not lose their money making white fan base. Smh.

103. Crazy statement! People like you always trying to blame the victims!

104. Alex Dr Dre is runs aftermath but it's parent company is universal. You see in the end Dre answer to a gentleman born out of London. I'm not saying artist shouldn't bare some of the blame for the negative lyrics but those companies should be held responsible as well. What good is a horrible song if no one can hear it. They actually go out and look for those negative rap acts to promote but won't fund more positive music. So either their promoting violence or middle-aged white America is

105. Ibo Demir says:

This doesn't only happen in the USA, look at th middle east people get shot everyday

106. Ibo Demir says:

Look at the Turkish state it's laws and system. Doesn't recognize Kurds as citizend same in Syria Kurds can't vote never-ending probless of the world

107. R u serious. …many police are out of control and need to be retrain….Unfortunately mostly blacks r at risk of getting shot when it comes to American police…..12 year old black boy playing in the park with a toy gun…..someone calls the police. They arrive on the seen guns blazing, killing the kid….foreal, no warning. This is 1 of the many situations mostly blacks are faced with…..Our kids can't even play in the park..

108. Bennie Pridgon…im not like anyone. Ive been stopped by police throughout my life due to traffic related issues and all the officers who stopped me were white..they informed me of my violation I accepted responsibility of my wrongdoing and nothing got out of control. I either got a warning or a ticket because I was wrong. In most cases ive seen black males were perpetrating a crime that ends up fatal when they shouldn't have been committing crime in the first place! Just like you you think I sound like white people defending the actions of police you sound like the kind of black person that wants to excuse the criminal behaviors of some black men of their complicity in crimes that lead to their deaths. Stop making excuses for people who know the difference between right and wrong. Being black or white isn't an excuse for the results of breaking the law!

109. Phoenix Rising…you can't speak for all black and brown folks! All black and brown folks don't have a feeling of nervousness when cops pull them over. Im sure people of all walks of life get nervous when the have flashinges lighats in their rearview mirror! Again people continuing to make all inclusive statements about all members of a group. Start your statements with the word "some" look it up people if you don't know what that word means! You don't know all people of a group to know their feelings about situations that arise in life.

110. Deb Vanderpoel says:

Alek Weaver Your white privilege comes from the simple fact that your skin is white. Please take a step or two back, read the article I linked below, recognize your privilege, and please STOP telling people of color how they are treated by police. Listen to them! Learn, and stop wearing that privilege like a badge, coming here and dropping all that foolishness. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/gina-crosleycorcoran/explaining-white-privilege-to-a-broke-white-person_b_5269255.html

111. Deb Vanderpoel says:

You can support honorable police while condemning bad officers. We white people may get nervous, but we are much more likely to get told to 'move along' with little more than a ticket, if that. Listen to people who know, please. Your privilege is showing…

112. Deb Vanderpoel says:

Please get a clue. Even when nothing is done wrong and they comply, people of color are much more likely to have a negative experience. It must be incredibly stressful driving(and many other innocuous things) while black in this country, as it can be so very dangerous. The police seem to be getting even worse ever since they were told they no longer have to 'serve and protect' but now their mandate is to 'maintain order'. Your privilege is showing.

113. Deb Vanderpoel says:

Diamond Pinder Exactly. This moron is just too far gone.

114. Deb Vanderpoel says:

Perhaps you are just projecting you own racism. Jamie Foxx may have his biases, but he seems to be a good human being, judging by his actions and causes.

115. Actually Deb..im not afforded privelege like yourself because im not white.

116. Alek Weaver says:

James, they're used to be many companies that signed positive rap music. After gangster rap was introduced, it wasn't selling. These people are businessmen… They aren't going to sign somebody that doesn't sell. I think you're reading too much into that. These people only care about money… That's it. The same way if either of us were in that position, and the positive music isn't selling, we aren't going to sign them and lose money helping record and distribute their album. Shady/Aftermath signed 50 cent by themselves. Eminem made that final decision… Not a bigwig in London. Deb… That article is the opinion of one person that lives in Illinois. I'm also from Chicago and it's the only place that I've ever been to where that may be true. Which is ironic because it's the most Democratic state in the nation and Republicans get all of the backlash lol. About 95% of his little examples made no sense. Figures with all the liberal bs that huffpost will report on. I didn't tell anybody how they get treated by police. I said that it will vary from person to person. Please come up with a reliable source before you try to butt into a conversation that I'm having with James. Thank you.

117. Rky, but the point is if anybody disrespected Jerusalem like that, America would've done the same. Despite, all our immoral activities in our own land AND in everybody else's. Preston I agree that it was a setup! It's just the reason they gave be it true or not, was about white supremacy. NOW they doing the same thing with ISIS with all those fake beheadings and fake media coverage of the family. But they do it internally too. Those two cop killings was a set up! When stuff happens…and you be like uhhh okay, because it don't make no damn sense…it's either swirling in lies or its a bonifide set up! Only thing I don't get is the reference to dead slave masters. Our movement is about waaay more then that!

118. Diana your right most everything is a set up. Also when some "catastrophe" or "major event" happens its a cover up for what really is going on. Every time you see something in the major news with that label try to dig a little deeper to get what the real story is. People are so conservative and trust worthy of the government that they are blind to the big picture. The government gives 0 fucks about us lol it's crazy. But by dead slave owners I mean money lol we are killing our own people over weed, money and cocaine/crack while the white man puts it in our neighborhoods then sits back and laughs when we go to jail or kill each other. Either way that's one less brother/sister to worry about and they still get paid. Everyone needs to realize that behind every rich/successful minority man or woman there is a white MAN who gets a cut og their wealth. Kind of glad I'm going to Canada this spring honestly. And weren't those two NYPD officers of minority race? I thought I saw their pics and one looked Mexican while the other looked Asian idk.

119. To everyone thinking racism isn't a deal or whatever check this video out rt.

120. To all of you I share this. Even though it takes place in England it shows that racism is alive lol white people will never understand being the minority.

121. To all of you I share this. Even though it takes place in England it shows that racism is alive lol white people will never understand being the minority.

122. To all of you I share this. Even though it takes place in England it shows that racism is alive lol white people will never understand being the minority.

123. Oh yeah, he shouldn't ware a "HOODY" either and walk down the street minding his own business, even if it's 30 degrees below 0 outside!!

124. Sasha Nolan just so you know when he spoke up about Travyon M he was at the Post Promotion for " White House Down " just saying

125. Keylah Sykes Trust me white people is not His fan base

126. Robert Cager says:

Connie Maria LeonCapone, very well expressed. That's what Jamie FOX was essentially saying. That's been my experience as well

127. Don't get me wrong I didn't say we have no business over there, Im just saying you are wrong on the reason we are there…remember the US one supported Bin Laden and a lot of other ppl who ended up becoming enemies….honestly that's just the way of the world

128. There was no need for public outrage. That brother was drunk and stupid, and the death penalty will be his sentence without one doubt. And as far as Brown and Garner, they were murdered by agressive out of control cops, that had been harrassing black men, from day one, without consequence. You are simply a bootlicker.

129. I'm sorry there are some typos….we do not belong over there…and the US once supported….

130. Alek Weaver says:

Garner…yes. It was poor training but I cannot say that the officer intentionally killed him. Brown was reaching for the officer's gun. Autopsy showed that the trajectory of the bullet and the exit wound are consistent with somebody rushing the officer. Totally throws out the hands up don't shoot bs

131. Scary if police pool you over becsuse a car SImilar to yours was involved in some kind of crimminal activity.

132. They could've at least shot him just to injure him. He was 12, like what 12 year old knows how to shoot accurately. Makes 0 sense to me

133. Kikay Exum says:

Alex Gilliam, Why are you " willing" to get it? You go further to communicate the raw truth concerning Black experience vs police officer's? Please don't tell us you are "colored blind"…..LOL

134. Alex Gilliam says:

Kikay Exum , this would be a case of never judging a book by its cover. I'm a quarter black. I grew up in a predominantly black middle class neighborhood. Most of my closest friends to this day are from my childhood and black. So while I may never fully understand what it's like to be truly and fully black because I came out bright and white and can go undercover with my back stage pass any time I please, I've seen enough with my own two eyes to realize that the struggle is real and the deck is stacked. But to answer your question further, I am far from color blind. I see color every where I go and a very wide range of it, I've just learned to never let that dictate a persons character as I've seen just as much good and bad from both sides.