First Stacey Dash Now Tamera Mowry Faces Backlash Over Political Views

tamera mowry and husband adam housleyActresses Stacey Dash and Tamera Mowry have been forced over the last week to defend their thoughts on the heated presidential race. Former “Clueless” star Stacey Dash tweeted her outright endorsement to Republican candidate Mitt Romney and was immediately faced with nasty insults and death threats. Dash would later tell CNN host Piers Morgan she was merely exercising her right to free speech. Adding she was saddened and shocked by the reaction.

Last night, former “Sister 2 Sister” star Tamera Mowry-Housely posted a far less direct tweet about her endorsement when she stated “I hate ppl interrupting people”. The tweet referenced the Vice Presidential debate that pitted VP Joe Biden against Paul Ryan. It was wildly noted that Biden continued to interrupt Ryan. Apparently voicing your opinion on etiquette nowadays amount to an endorsement.

Tamera defended herself: “I never favored 1 sided ovr the othr but as a whole I believe we need 2 be respectufl. #repubanddems! No need 2 attack, assume, or be racist.”

It appeared the “Tia & Tamera” star was also facing some backlash over her marriage to Adam Housley, a white male who works for Fox News.

Adam had no issue defending himself or his wife.

“This is 2012. You don’t know me..and you don’t know my [email protected] How dare people make such horrible comments. That’s true racism.”

Follow the tweets below:

Adam chimes in:

Tamera would later added, “My husband @adamhousley is a G! Lol”

What do you think of the criticism towards Tamera?

Meanwhile the couple are preparing for their first child due in the coming weeks. The mom-to-be expressed her love for Adam and her pet peeve of strangers touching her baby bump to Zap2it.

On her husband,

“I find it sexy, that he’s a correspondent. He’s very intelligent, very eloquent. He knows how to speak; he knows how to communicate; he knows how to tell stories. I love listening to his stories. I love hearing about his adventures, when he travels. Now, sometimes, I get to to go along for the ride.”

On strangers touching her pregnant tummy, “I can’t take it anymore,” she says. “So, I can see the hand coming in slo-mo, and then I just quickly cover it… I just cover my belly with my hands, and I cover it before they can get to it, so what they do is touch my hands.”

tamera mowry

10 thoughts on “First Stacey Dash Now Tamera Mowry Faces Backlash Over Political Views

1. Sherman Sheffield says:

This is what happen when a black woman marry a white man, she must take on his culture in order to keep the peace.

2. Sandy Gaines says:

I don't particularly agree with interracial marriage but these people's lives are nobody's business. Neither is their political choice. You can see what race loves to throw around the race card – you may want to use that brain instead of skin color to vote. bammy could be green and still be the worst pres this country has ever seen. Even idiot Jimmy Carter was better than bammy.

3. Jeanne Myers says:

Why are people getting upset with these women, especially Tamera, when they're doing nothing but exercising their freedom to speak their own minds? I don't get this, Tamera NEVER even mentioned who she was voting for, but if she did it would have been her own business, and the same thing goes for Ms. Dash as well. "IT'S THEIR CHOICE" and thank the Lord they live in a country where they still have it (choice) for right now. We could be living elsewhere and not have the same luxuries, but thank God for now that we do. PLEASE get a life and move on? Peace y'all.

4. Jeanne Myers says:

Yes, it is 'their life' and choice, but thank the Lord NOT ALL black people use the 'race card', and thank God/Jesus 'THEY' don't give a hoot about interracial marriage, nor are 'THEY' racist like us silly mixed up humans.

5. Jeanne Myers says:

Why must she be "taking on his culture" when she's speaking her own mind?? All she mentioned was folks talking over each other, how exactly is that taking on anyone else's culture???

6. Anonymous says:

when people watched your show, you happy and they are the center of your life, but when it comes to paying a little attention to those same people you become Celeb. wooooooooow. yes is not right to have everyone touching your tummy but batching about it in public isn't right either. they jjust want to show you their love and support but obviously the only support u want is to watch your show and get the hell away from u.

7. who cares if he is black or white your politics in this country is based on your wallet not your color. Romney views fit with thier life style. So one again who cares becasues obama won.

8. Genevee Swanagan says:

First of all, I had no idea Tamera's husband was a white man…just thought he was a little light or something….. really doesn't matter who or what anyone marries. Getting that out of the way, yes, I disliked Mr. Romney but the problem I see is that people get far too involved and pushed out of shape because someone shares an opinion different from your own. If Stacey or Tamera can't decide who they like, then we are defeating the very thing we are trying to defend which is DEMOCRACY. Let the ladies be. I call myself an Independent anyways.

9. My response…get a life, this is the 21st century not the 19th or even 20th. I don't know the cast of characters involved but applaud people who follow their hearts and do what they think is the right thing rather than the herd.

10. Genevee Swanagan says: