Real Housewives Of New York Cast Devastated By Bravo's Decision

Bravo TV’s Real Housewives of New York City   cast members Alex McCord, Jill Zarin, Kelly Killoren Bensimon and most recent member Cindy Barshop all got their pink slips last week – and they’re devastated! Well – not really – at least not according to the released statements. Bravo and it’s producers decided to clean house releasing three of it’s prominent cast members.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, this news recently surfaced after tedious negotiations between the now former housewives who were allegedly kept in limbo awaiting Bravos final decision. A spokesperson for Bravo attempted to shed light on the subject by releasing the following statement;

“Ramona Singer, Sonja Morgan and LuAnn DeLesseps will be returning for season five of The Real Housewives of New York City.   We’ve had a fabulous run with all the ladies and appreciate them sharing their lives with our viewers. It is a friendly departure among the other ladies and we continue to have ongoing discussions with them.”

Things may have been a bit testy between the NYC housewives; but it appeared no more out of place than a typical Housewife episode for any city.

However, it now appears that the conflict has run its course as reports continue to circulate that the NYC housewives simply were no longer able to get along with each other.

While we’ve yet to hear from Cindy Barshop or Kelly Killoren Bensimon, reps for Jill Zarin’s and Alex McCord seemed eager to share a few comments. Jill Zarin’s rep Darren Bettencourt, issued the following statement:

“Jill is out of town with her husband Bobby and they are visiting her daughter Ally at college for family weekend so she is not speaking with the press. I can tell you that she is very happy and extremely busy with the national launch of her shape wear line Skweez Couture by Jill Zarin which will debut at Lord and Taylor stores across the country this month and then roll out at other national retailers in the coming months. Jill is humbled by the extraordinary amount of media interest in her response and looks forward to personally opening up about all of this very soon and announcing some exciting new projects.”

Alex and her husband Simon van Kempen followed with a statement which was eerily similar to that of Kate Gosselin who also recently enjoyed her last show on TLC.

“Alex and I are sad that it’s come to this. We had a great four years. We don’t intend for this to be the final time you’ll see us on television. Everything happens for a reason. We are not happy, we’re not sad. It is what it is. We thank our fans. We have tremendous, tremendous outpouring of support. I think even Bravo is surprised by how much support Alex has had. It didn’t change their opinion or didn’t change their decision. And it might not be the end of seeing us on Housewives. It might not be the end of seeing us on Bravo. We don’t know that yet either. There’s a lot to be discussed in the upcoming weeks. We wish the next season well. We’re not going away. We remain happy and long may that continue.” Many people were shocked Alex was sacked.

Update: Cindy has released a statement also covering up her devastation;

“I view any change as an opportunity to learn and grow,” said Barshop profoundly. “RHONY was great marketing platform for my national spa Completely Bare, and as an ambassador for children’s charities I was able to create more awareness. There are additional projects that I am considering. Stay tuned.” It’s really hard to believe anyone is holding their breathe for this.

Luckily for the banished four, their pink slips shouldn’t immediately place them in the bread line given that they’ve all been actively pursuing business ventures outside of the show.   According to The Hollywood reporter, McCord and van Kempen are launching a home bedding business called Aluxe Home, Zarin is working on her home collection (along with her shape wear line Skweez), Barshop owns Completely Bare, a national chain of hair removal spas and Bensimon continues to write about fashion and design jewelry.

Statements such as Jill’s appear to be code for, “Stay tuned for the spin off.”   Not sure if that will be the fate for these recently dejected cast mates but I’m sure we won’t have to hold our breaths for long to find out. We’re hoping Kelly has enough jelly beans to keep her sane until then…you know you were thinking it!!

Who were you surprised to see get the axe? Jill, Alex? Who are you happy did get the axe? Kelly??! And who should have gotten axed? LuAnn?!

0 thoughts on “Real Housewives Of New York Cast Devastated By Bravo's Decision

1. Dianne Rye says:

Don’t know why to get rid of Alex (her husband ..yes). SO HAPPY TO GET RID OF JILL! I watch all of the housewives shows. JILL IS NO JR.EWING…PEOPLE DON’T LOVE TO HATE HER …THEY JUST HATE HER!

2. Ujaa equanoxx says:

I was surprised to see Jill get it. Extremely sad to see Alex go and SO HAPPY TO SEE KELLY GO.
    I just hope you didn;t mess the entire show up by doing this. Come on~~

3. alicia schubert says:

so sad to see alex gone..cindy NEVER fit in!!! I’m so GLADDD kelly & jll finally got axed…Luann should of joined
    them too…so happy ramona and sonja on still on cast..hope the reconsider alex..really enjoyed her on show.

4. Kathie Gimpel says:

I was extremely sad to see Alex go. The faces she made were priceless. Kelly never should have been there in the first place and who was the hair removal lady, Cindy, was the blankest more boring creature ever. How did she get on in the first place. Except for Alex… these gals needed to get the ax.

5. viewer12 says:

Sorry to see Alex in the firing squad…The others needed to go and maybe sooner than now. Kelly was just too much to handle and I think she was loosing it , Jill was becoming TOXIC and wanting to always cause Drama w/the ladies, Cindy NEVER seemed to FIT in w/the others, she was too quick to want to jump on the ladies for any minor little thng. I wish LouAnn had been fired, she seems to think she is better than the other ladies and always there to judge others….Do Not Care for The Countess anymore……she needs to drop the Countess – it does nothing for her – Please think of letting her go the next go-around………..

6. Brenda says:

So glad to see Kelly and Jill go, but WHY Alex? We love her. Fire the Fake Countess and put Alex back o the show! Love Ramona and Sonja too!

7. suzanne palopoli says:

Soooo disappointed you dropped Jill Zarin. She was the only one with a brain!!! She told it like it was and has CLASS…sorry Alex. Have no problem with the rest of them. I really think you should have included Ramona. Now that is a vial woman. I went to a promo for her wine and she could not have been ruder to everyone. The only time she looked up from the signing was to smile at the camera. She never once looked at any of us “little people” that were there to see her and buy her wine. Get rid of her she is a terrible human being!!

8. Myview says:

I only watched the first episode of season 4 after being a faithful follower for the first 3 seasons. The fighting and pettiness between this mean girls club turned me off so much I stopped watching the show. If any of my friends ever spoke to me the way these women talk to each other they wouldn’t be in my life for one more minute. These newly rich witches have the class of a fly on cow dung. People that are truly successful don’t need to try to prove it to anyone. Bethany was the only one in previous seasons worth watching. I am so thrilled that I might never need to see Simon again – please don’t put him on any future shows! Ramona is such a cow and LouAnn so fake – marriage to a count doesn’t make you an expert on anything. I was thrilled to see Bethany sell her Skinny Girl line and I absolutely love her husband! Now him I would want to marry my own daughters. What a seemingly nice, supportive guy. Bethany you were smart to get out of that Housewives mess!

9. Denise says:

Well, I guess this is now one Housewife show I can stop watching..With Jill gone, there is no reason to watch the show..I think Ramona should have Grabbed another bottle of Pino Grigio and took a walk. She needs time to get some serious help..Mental

10. Red says:

Why didn’t DeLessups get the boot? She’s a broken record “oh, darling”. She’s boring & no one can relate to her. She’s one of the most annoying ones (tied with Bensimon.)

11. Red says:

I agree that I am surprised they removed Alex. They should have kept her.

12. FERI designerlines lover says:

Sad to see Jill leave. I don’t like Alex. No points of watching now…

13. FERI designerlines lover says:

Sad to see Jill leave:( no points of watching…

14. sbenfari says:

Enough already. Luann should have been the first to go-Dahling!!!!

15. Jon says:

So sad to see Jill go. She was by far the best and most relatable.

As far as Alex goes, I can’t believe she lasted as long as she did. She was the most boring housewife on ANY franchise…and watching her husband was like nails on a chalkboard.

Very glad that Luann is still around. She is the only one of the remaining 3 who has a heart and isn’t a complete drunken, ignorant mess. She’ll have to keep them in line, thank god. Ramona and Sonja are the reason people think all Housewives shows are trash.

16. Marge Hamel says:

Sorry to see Alex get axed. She was more the norm caught up in a toxic war. I never could understand why Kelly lasted so long and Jill finally found DIVA status. I think LouAnn should follow her singing career and be the next to go–never liked her from the get go.

17. Frances says:

I agree with you wholeheartly..I wish Luanne would have been axed instead of Alex. Jill’s so called change never developed and her whinning was obnoxious

18. Ann Hatch says:

I enjoyed watching the Housewifes until this season. Jill should have been gone a few seasons ago. You talk about mean and back stabbing. I thought the firing of Kelly, and Cindy needed to be. They were so boring. LuAnn should be next. The rest of the cast are quite entertaining. Alex was truly the only smart and compassionate of the cast who got fired.

I wish the new season and cast Good Luck.