Sources told The Blast Friday, July 20 that a woman who catered an event Anderson put on a year ago filed a police report with the Los Angeles Police Department’s Hollywood Division earlier this year. After the first Anderson gathering, the woman is said to have met with him a second time to chat about more business opportunities and that’s when the alleged assault occurred.
“We have a crime report listing him as a suspect in a crime,” the LAPD told the website before adding, “It is an open investigation.”
Further details of the supposed assault have not been revealed but the victim says she felt compelled to come forward after the #MeToo movement, which cropped back up last year.
Anderson, however, has denied the claims with his representatives saying in a statement to the entertainment news site, “It’s unfortunate that anyone can file a police report whether it is true or false. The authorities have not contacted Anthony or any of his representatives about this matter. Anthony unequivocally disputes the claim.”
This is the second time the Emmy-nominated ABC star has been accused of misconduct in his career. In 2004, the former “Law and Order” star was charged with rape after an extra on the set of “Hustle and Flow” testified in court that Anderson and assistant director Wayne Witherspoon forced her to have sex with them several times, according to Entertainment Weekly. This came before she reported a sole alleged encounter to police. The case was ultimately dismissed and charges against Anderson were dropped.
“This has been a terrible ordeal for him and his family, and he is eager to put it behind him and move on with his life and career,” the actor’s spokesperson said at the time.