Recent genetic and anthropological studies have concluded that the people known as white Europeans today are not the original inhabitants of Europe. However, this has been documented historically at least since the 19th century.

departureofmemnonlarge575lwGreeks

A common assumption is that ancient Greeks were an ethnically homogeneous population. Black Athena author Martin Bernal challenged this view in his three-volume work arguing the tidal wave of racist ideology that  swept over northern Europe at the end of the 18th century and onward, led to to a denial of the strong African and Semetic influence on Greek civilization.

Bernal rejected what he called the “Aryan model,” the idea that Greek civilization was founded by Indo-European settlers from Central Europe.  The theory, argued Bernal, became generally accepted during the 19th century. He instead agreed with what he called the “Ancient model;” referring to the fact that both Egyptian and Phoenician influences on the Greek world were widely accepted in Antiquity.

Historian Clyde Winters argues that Blacks in ancient Greece were not just slaves, but rather the true founders of Grecian civilization. He concluded there is no way it can be proven that Indo-European Greeks have always been in Greece and numerous archaeologist have found abundant evidence of Egyptians settled in Greece long before the coming of the Indo-European-Aryans to Anatolia.

A 2001 genetic study out of the Universidad Complutense in Madrid also concluded that modern Greeks had African origins and were genetically closer to Ethiopian/sub-Saharan groups than to any other Mediterranean groups such as Macedonians, Iberians (including Basques), North Africans, Italians, French, Cretans, Jews, Lebanese, Turks (Anatolians), Armenians and Iranians.

87 thoughts on “6 Ancient Civilizations Mistakenly Thought To Have Homogeneous White Populations

1. Debo Ogunbiyi says:

Thank you so much for this very enriching history lesson.

2. I wish to share this with all people, especially blacks. About a year ago I happened to stumble upon a video on Youtube, and I was amazed about what this white scientist presented. The title of the video on Youtube is Shejire DNA Presents, "Journey of Man, A genetic Odyssey". It is about the first people on the planet, black people and how all people on the planet came from black people. It is revealed the planet had to have been one land mass at one time because we have all the other people all over the world ended up where they are, with African DNA, and they have proven beyond a doubt these people evolved from African people. This is a must see, it is amazing, and the white scientist presented it in a manner there is no doubt about what he is informing us. He actually tell how they obtained the proof. What is even more suprising about the presentation is the European telling the truth, he appeared to be happy presenting this information. Having said that once you see this video, you will have no doubts, yes there were Africans in these European countries before any Europeans. The video is more than an hour long. Please watch it.

3. Lucas Fahey says:

Oh Atlanta Black Star… in the first page you cite a study that's already been basically discarded by modern geneticists and effectively erased from modern scientific literature. NOT because it's "the truth" or something which has in other cases been oppressed, because it was done with a misleadingly low sample size. Multiple other studies looking for the same connection tried and found "data showing that Greeks cluster genetically with the rest of the Europeans, disproving Arnaiz-Villena's claims" http://greek-dna-sub-saharan-myth.org/greeks-sub-saharan.html So, no, that study doesn't count. One study going in the opposite direction of all the rest didn't overturn the paradigm.

I've come to a few other of these articles that talk about history on Atlanta Black Star only to sadly discover that they read like propaganda sometimes because the sources cited often aren't credible! I've looked them up! It's not really academic writing! And not credible like "I don't choose to believe it because I'm an apologist for White swag", like overwhelmingly judged that way when I google them and read what professionals think. Speculation is fine, questioning eurocentric narrratives are fine, but please, don't try to pass off dubious or debunked studies as you have in the past when talking about history. It makes you look as bad as the gossip magazines or willfully misleading people like ancient alien bamboozlers. I'm all for thinking outside of the box but have some respect for the line between entertainment and education. If it's violated, you're actually poisoning people's knowledge in the name of education and truth.

4. Lucas Fahey says:

pictured on the first page is Memnon, King of the Ethiopians, who came to help defend Troy against the Acheans, says Odysseus.

5. Jay Contreras says:

The nature of research is that it is constantly changing and being amended & updated. So I wouldn't assume this site is deliberately offering 'erroneous' information. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it's something more benign. If I read an article here that covers a topic I'm unfamiliar with, I usually google it as a follow up. I'm sure I'm not the only one. And I wonder if the authorship & tenor of this site makes you such a stickler for 'fact checking'?

6. Ja'von Brown says:

Discarde because its the truth and they and people like yourself who just can't stomach the fact that the lies you've propagated about Black people are just that: lies. Furthermore, the fact that if it didn't come from somebody who looks like you than it must be false. Gtfoh. You can't control what we believe anymore. It's 2014 not 1814. Get used to it and deal with it. Wtf are you doing here anyway if you think all they do is lie? Your post is yet another feeble attempt by likeminded folks to keep the truth buried. Not gonna happen.

7. Ja'von Brown says:

8. Henrique Hopkins says:

The mere fact that the King of Ethiopia had the forces and resources to come nd help defend Troy speaks to a higher African

9. Henrique Hopkins says:

Level of involvement in European affairs. The way history is taught speaks to NO involvement of Africans in European affairs and a discovery of Africa by Europe somewhere in the 13th or 14th centuries. The assistance of a King Memnon to Troy creates a different picture that must be discussed from a Black/African historical perspective.

10. I am really tired of seeing so much racial BS everyday. Guess what, we're all from the this place called Earth!!! Who cares who was where first because in the end, it's still EARTH! Then cops asking what are you doing in this neighborhood? Well I belong here because I am from Earth!! Fuck stop with all the stupidity and come together as one, because we are one! You know who doesn't want that right? The people controlling this EARTH. The very few people pulling the strings to keep us all at each others throats over skin color/ cultural differences? How embarrassing to be HUMAN, from EARTH!

11. There was Europe before white people but not before black people. Check up on them languages

12. Lucas Fahey says:

Ja'von Brown This is bluster. I've heard that claim againt me so much from armchair academics like you who read something on the internet and think it's true. I read, I go out and seek the data, and then seek more data to cross reference it. The fact you have so many likes for basically you dismissing me based on "someone who looks like me" is a cop out, and a tactic used to try to get out listening to what I got to say. Google the study I cited, you'll find lots of very interesting studies that corroborate what I wrote. Ultimately I don't blame you for being suspicious of what I say, maybe you've ran into a lot of hateful, shortsighted, chauvenisitc white folks who wanna say ANYTHING to keep their narrowminded perspective. I don't seek to take away accomplishments from others, actually this article is written in a way that leads people to think it's a resonable thing to say "ya know, maybe the ancient Greeks were really Black folks!" When the evidence isn't there yet to say something so seemingly closed ended. If it were written more like a ponderance or curiousity, a proposal, I wouldn't gripe but the headline is proof the article is written with an air of authority and certainty that in the world of research and evidence DOESN'T support. Black Atlanta Star, please acknowledge the controversy of your claims, meaning the evidence being cited isn't widely agreed upon, (which is out hallmark i n Science of developing consensus) then go ahead! And by doing this, I'm not asking you DON'T advance controversial hypotheses, but at least communicate to your reader why some of the evidence listed here is scrutinized. There is so much room to celebrate ancient Africa since I'm sure there's more in the ground we have yet to discover south of the Sahara. Once people learn about ancient history, Africa's greatness becomes so evident, coming up with theories how other cultures were actually "Black" seems unnecessary and more desperate than it needs to be. Start with the Nok culture.

13. Lucas Fahey says:

Henrique Hopkins I agree. Ancient Greece was very active in Egypt and meeting all sorts of learned people there from all over Africa and Asia. It's crazy really to realize how the world, even 2000 BC and before was still international!

14. Lucas Fahey says:

Henrique Hopkins Yea and Memnon, according to Greek legend or myth or history or whatever one can say what Odyssus wrote was, ONLY was able to be killed by AChilles, who was essentially the BEST warrior Greece had. I believe, whether it was true or not about Memnon, since Achilles may not have existed, that ultimately this aspect of the story shows how much respect the Greeks had for Ethiopian power. I feel disingenuous calling them "Ethiopians" since that is a Greek name. I believe they were originally called the Blemmyes. Probably wrong though

15. Henrique Hopkins says:

True, especially that Mediterranean region which was a crossroads for the world, I am also surprised at how early trade with China started

16. Devandis Smith says:

Lucas Fahey I see that you have approach the topic with an open mind at least you are open for a fair debate or discussion.

17. Ja'von Brown says:

@ Lucas Fahey, armchair academics? Punk please. Cbeikh Anta Diop, Dr John Henrik Clarke, and Dr Ivan Via Sertima are no armchair academics. I believe what I believe because wise scholars like these great men have taught this, and the very best of scholars from your community, at least the very few willing to challenge them have all been titanically embarrassed and ran clean out the venue. You claim I'm on this anti white stuff. If anything you're on the anti Black stuff because villains like you are always lying about our history and seeking to steal it and claim it as your own. Our achievements don't make us better than you, yet you seek to consign all non western Asians ( because Europe is NOT a continent) to a history that best fits YOUR egos and agenda. Its 2000+ years now and you still won't stop. Armchair academic? Dude stay off the drugs and pop your white supremacist shit to somebody who doesn't know any better.

18. Lucas Fahey give it up babe. You're the toddlers of civilization. End of story. Not only were not created equal but not born into existence equally. Everything around you is black honey. Even the space that this planet floats in. Hello my child! It's all good. We kin.

19. Ja'von Brown he needs two whole meaty paragraphs to express his "concerns" – the truth will always make itself available again. Which is why the white populous has stepped up its militia, laws, court rooms, prisons, police forces, correctional officers, agents, jackals across the planet. Racing with time. Time they say don't exist. Yeah well within it reveal what is meant to be known and they spend trillions of dollars into industries that pay folks including black idiots to keep the truth from igniting the planet. Because once that happens – the power is diminished and channeled into something that is qualified to lead a healthier version of nature. US! (When we're functioning properly)

20. Lucas Fahey says:

TheBeautiful SeeAsia "toddlers of civalization" "End of story" Okay, well let me just throw a lil bit of evidence at you that might make that view. The oldest stone work buildings in the world are found in Turkey, from 8000 BC. The earliest large stone work in Egypt is dated to 3000 BC. So in Turkey, (and other sites like on Malta) we have evidence of large scale, many ton stones being fit together and carved in ways that were nearly as sophisticated as the Egyptians, 5000 years before they made their first stone work, while they were still in mud brick huts. Peru even has stone ruins older than anything in Egypt, so does Ireland, so does Pakistan and France. And this isn't something I just got off a random website. This is confirmed w/ sources see for yourself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_oldest_buildings_in_the_world

21. Lucas Fahey says:

TheBeautiful SeeAsia But yea I agree WE ARE KIN! 😉 I think history is a process of all people and ideas moving around that are bigger than any one group and everyone's ancestors deserves to be celebrated for their contributions because everyone has contributed! Also, we are still uncovering and learning but we for sure do know through genetic studies that all humans are born into existence equally. That we are 99.9% similar. And also, the claim that everything around me in society is Black is as hilarious as the claim that everything around me is White. Tell me about that when we talk about electricity and philosophy and logic and even the Wheel. That's right, Egypt imported the wheel. So far, there's not been a wheel found in Egypt as old in other parts of the world by thousands of years. So, you might want to rethink a simplistic claim as "everything aorund you is Black." Everything around me was invented by Africans because Humans are all from Africa so I can meet you half way there.

22. Miguel Stewart says:

Hey "Lucas" I like how there's ALWAYS that one white person on these sites who tries to debunk ANYTHING regarding Africans, or Moors ruling you white pieces of shit….GTFOH!!!! and go wash your hands….

23. Torez Carson says:

Lucas how do we know your book is right

24. Armin Niklas says:

TheBeautiful SeeAsia wow I actually started to side with commenters here until I saw that arrogant, racist spot of garbage you posted. Well done.

25. some scholarly sources are Miranda Kaufmann http://www.mirandakaufmann.com/ , People of Color in European Art http://medievalpoc.tumblr.com/missionstatement and Black is beautifulRubens to Dumas: follow up.

26. The bottom line.. Do not believe anything that comes out of a white man's mouth regarding you black history. They are currently white washing ancient Egyptian finds to promote whiteness. They are the greatest liars in the history of mankind. Heck they actually believe that discovered that the earth was round. Just charlatans and thieves… in the areas of theft and murder their cultures have been exceedingly proficient.. That is all. I doubt that they created anything. All of their history is a complete fabrication of the truth. But that is irrelevant. Today is a different day and we must start to make our history from 2014 forward if we are to survive this opponent. End Of Story.

27. So does this mean Blacks will also take guilt for what happened to the Native Americans and possibly the African slave trade? after all most of Europeans (whites) got the idea of Civilization from Africans. Peace.

28. So does this mean Blacks will also take guilt for what happened to the Native Americans and possibly the African slave trade? after all most of Europeans (whites) got the idea of Civilization from Africans. Peace.

29. Shalonne Tiffany Wellington says:

Lvida Fahey why are you so offended to read that Melanated people traveled to Europe along with or prior to those coming out of the mountains? why is it so hard to believe when the indigenous people around the world are BROWN

30. Shalonne Tiffany Wellington says:

no we will not take any guilt off of you for what you did to the natives and how you teamed up with muslims to enslave us, lol

31. Armin Niklas says:

TheBeautiful SeeAsia Wow… Even I got a problem with that one. By your logic, Africa should be the beacon of human existence. If it is, they sure hide it well.

32. Armin Niklas says:

33. Shalonne Tiffany Wellington says:

Lvida Fahey lies lol

34. Shalonne Tiffany Wellington says:

Devandis Smith yes but please don't confuse greek mythology with FACTS

35. Armin Niklas says:

Shalonne Tiffany Wellington I don't think he's offended by people of color travelling or accomplishing things, I think he's offended by such racist comments coming from people here. Non-black people are constantly reminded that we are created equal, yet on this thread alone people… correction…. BLACK people are saying how they are superior. WTF? Why such hypocritical bullsh*t? I'm not black nor am I white, yet as a side observer even I'm offended by the crude arrogance and lack of actual logic many people here vomit into their keyboards.

36. Armin Niklas says:

This "opponent"? Given all the anti-white sentiment on this page, I assume you mean white people. Why do you expect people to open their arms and embrace you when you call them liars, thieves and charlatans? Go eff yourself and your racist ass. Amazing how fast "racist" changed from being a white thing to a black thing.

37. Frank Nethercutt , you are one dumb ass… why don't you get a real education . You didn't know that African also so reached the America hundreds of years before Columbus and these Natives Americans you are referring too many were also so of Africa descent natives research . Oh, about slavery ! It was never practiced like the Europeans practiced it in a demeaning and dehumanizing matter , but you are proud of the too aren't you ?

38. Lvida Fahey , really, nobody give a damn about your opinion ! You don't know what you are talking about. You need to read more . I been studying Kush , Nubian and Egyptian's history for 20 yrs now … I would never expect a disingenuous race of people to agree ..Mines didn't come from the internet ass hole … I debate or dialogue with your damn ass anytime ..

39. Horace Guthrie says:

Armin Niklas I don't need your embrace acceptance love etc. .I need for your people to leave my people the hell alone. stop meddling and rewriting history to showcase the white culture as awesome creators and discoverers when you are best at being thieves and murderers. Simple. Have a nice day.

40. As a studying historian of the Caribbean and Latin America, it is always a mistake to believe that the lines we draw away states, nations, kingdoms, and historically prevalent peoples are the lines that divided everyone. Migration is a constant. Culture and language too is on a constant flow. Our issues isn't simply revising the history to make black presence known; it's to regenerate all history and make everyone understand the story involves everyone, whether they be recorded, non-literate, or, in the case of our black history, made invisible.

41. Lee Doig says:

Frank thats a really dumb thing to say and celeser that's even less intelligent to retort. Is anybody going to take responsibility for anything terrible our ancient forefathers did BLACK or WHITE?! (don't tell me every black man that ever walked the earth was an angel!) It's ridiculous on this notion when ever a black person commits a rape the entire black community should feel ashamed and when ever a white person murders a child only the white population should feel terrible for what they have done because they are genetically linked in some way. I'm sure these topics are upsetting but be rational. Celeser if the "white enemy" is misinformed then how do you think they came to that notion because they were told in the same way most information is transferred. Dont hold it against people for believing something they're told that you believe wrong. Do you talk the same way about religious people and muslims and christians are the devil because you believe in Buddism? If you site that white people spread hate then your a fucking hypocrite sunshine. Move away from this black vs white bullshit its pathetic and moronic and more than anything fucking boring yawn off.

42. Lee Doig says:

43. What exactly is the point of a bunch of people sitting here debating who founded modern Western civilization? Whether it was black people or white people. its still full of ideological and philosophical flaws that racial bickering will never solve.

You should be arguing about which banks are chewing up your mortgages and dropping you in barrels of student loans instead of wondering whether Aristotle's mom liked black guys or latinos or white guys or whatever the hell you're on about.

BLACK PEOPLE CONTRIBUTED TO MODERN CULTURE. WHITE PEOPLE CONTRIBUTED TO MODERN CULTURE. LATINOS CONTRIBUTED TO MODERN CULTURE. ASIANS CONTRIBUTED TO MODERN CULTURE. NATIVE AMERICANS CONTRIBUTED TO MODERN CULTURE.

Why, oh why is there such a fuss?

Contrary to popular belief, your identity isn't dictated solely by your history or by the history that the victor wrote. Your identity is set by what you chose to do here and now, and sitting here telling each other off about race just goes to prove one thing – you haven't learn anything from this history you're all boasting about studying in college.

We're all goddamn bloodthirsty, arrogant and selfish humans. Instead of arguing about who is more selfish, why don't we try and NOT be selfish?

Oh, but that's a stupid idea, no? Surely calling other people out is the best way. Pathetic!

44. Armin Niklas says:

Horace Guthrie My people? I'm not even white you jackass. History is always being rewritten by someone, so stop acting like you're the perpetual victim. In the meantime, try showcasing people who are actually doing something worthwhile and take those race-baiting "reverends" off the pedestal. As for thieves and murderers, just watch the news at night. Go fuck yourself.

45. Armin Niklas says:

Kevin Macaringue That was the first actual worthwhile comment I've seen on this thread. Thank you.

46. Armin Niklas says:

47. SeeAsia Shynes I think I know why whites have such a psychotic hatred for black people. It's because they where the outcasts of the planet and us. You see with blacks on every major continent and for a long time it must have been blacks not whites that where building alot of the megalithic structures around the planet. Then finding out or learning our ways and some of our sciences form different black cultures they became jealous, would you. I mean can you imagine being a white skinned outcast that was either a Indo-aryan (albino that was from India that migrated north to the Caucasus or a mutation (same thing) and not having a place to be because everyone looked at you as abnormal, something wrong, why aren't you dark skinned or black? There's hatred there, hatred of being outcast, hatred of not being accepted, hatred that we wouldn't accept them as one of us black.

That is why they are so obsessed with us and hate us. They won't let us go be by ourselves, they wonder what are you doing (afraid that we will come up with something, you see they know what we can do from Egypt to all the other sciences). What are you thinking etc. etc. etc.. A group of people that where cast out from the majority of the planet that was black and they where sired by people that where black and then finding out that we where everywhere. Hell many blacks don't even know that.

48. Jamara Ygmf Newell says:

Really stretching. On what planet are Berbers black?

49. Marc Francois says:

@Ja'von Fahey believe me when I tell you, it hurts them to the core that the truth is finally coming out. I love the internet for that fact. The human race gets to pick it's own information. Understand that it means their whole existence is a lie and they can't stomach that. Centuries of false historical tales makes a major part of their white fabric. They are hurting in disbelief.

50. Lvida Fahey says:

"When it comes to the courts, the laws, the mood of society, religion, White people have been the leaders of Black freedom. Now Black people don't want to say that. I don't know why, but it's the truth. Barrack Obama was not elected by Black people.. Even if all the Black people in America voted for him, he still wouldn't win! Latinos, Whites said, "we want him". Now of course, we Black people appreciate it, haha… To understand the real freedom movement it has no color on it, but if it did it would be revolutionary White people." KRS ONE.

Allright, I'm trolling a little bit with that one because I'm kinda using a quote as a weapon against the extremism here but by "Arm chair academics, I'm referring to the people who would say this article is historical fact. But my point with that quote is everyone above me on this thread needs to get over the fact that White people are all supremacists, hiding from some kind of truth you think claims like this article seeks to make (which are unsupported). So, you think I'm anti-Black because I contest this article's claims? Hahaha. Whatever dude, you're no Cheikh Anta Diop or any of those. And your short sighted absolutist view of history that Whites just steal from Blacks shows you need to go back and learn history. Or google it, which you can thank in part to the Age of Enlightenment that took place in Europe. Have fun trying to make sense of the world where one ethnicity is the originator of everything.

51. Lvida Fahey says:

52. Lvida Fahey says:

Horace Guthrie god damn you make this website look like the KKK's Black equivalent. Disgusting, hey have fun redreging old cliches about Whites stealing Egyptian culture while Black, Arab and White Egyptologists are laughing at you because the truth is much more diverse than it being a Black thang or an Arab one. Also, have fun sounding like a complete delusional buffon doubting "whties created anything" when you're writing your piffle on a machine with the majority of contributions and theory owed to it pioneered by Europeans.

53. Lvida Fahey says:

54. Lvida Fahey says:

Miguel Stewart These sites are purposely advancing unsupported or debunked evidence as I already expressed with the DNA study supposedly proving African DNA in Greeks. LoL, you think I'm just hating but I'm trying to tell you that just because some of the points in this article seem to conform to your views just means you want to believe them. Check out studies done on confirmation bias. Just because the term "science" or "dna" is thrown around doesn't mean the study was done legitimately so google up on that Greek thing and maybe open yourself up to the possibility that not all White people just come out of tribalism and ethnic reasons to disagree here but maybe do so because they know a thing or two about how to cross reference science. I have no problem admitting Dark skinned Africans were the first ones in Europe, Neanderthal and Human… so now that I admitted that, does that blow your mind because a White person isn't disagreeing with the Black/ African origins of all humans? Please man, have fun playing in your echo chamber here. I speak based on the real not some flimsy article.

55. Lvida Fahey says:

56. Lvida Fahey says:

Shalonne Tiffany Wellington I might blow your mind here, but everyone is meleanted. Yup even "White" people. Albinos are the unmeleanted ones. It's a disease. And no, sorry to piss on your parade, I'm not offended that Africans were the first people to leave Africa and populate many places on the globe. I don't think you could call the first Americans 'African" but no. It doesn't make me feel threatened, I don't need to make up bogus theories about the White man being the first people in America or anything like that. Which is saying a lil something something about some of the claims in some of these Atlanta Star articles. lol

57. Lvida Fahey says:

Kennith Betton Each point in this article was different and all you have to do is google the point they're seeking to make to see the blaring crticism. I suppose I could do a take down of the points I disagreed with here (since there are 6 or so different ones) but if you read my criticisms, just google the study and the journals that reviewed the studies (esp in the Greek example) are very findeable. But for example, the segment about the phonecians. The writing is perilous. The point of the entire article is to refute the notion that these populations were "white and homogeneous" and people here are responding to it as if that's a sudden declaration that the population is really,… Black people! No nuance. The one about the phonecians anyways just mentions the widely accepted fact that we know little about the Phonecians but that they're from the Middle East and have corresponding genetics (which was proven in the Nat'l Geographic article about them a few years ago). Okay, great! There's a very few examples where these DNA samples find also a little European blood too, (probably a descendant of a crusader) but my point is that some of these segments make obvious claims. Whose ever claimed the Phonecians were White homogeneous populations? What does 'White" even mean? Some people regard Arabs as "White" and those who care for nuance do not. So, my problem isn't JUST with the references in some cases but it's also making straw man fallacy arguments in the case of the Phonecians. And in the case of the "first people in the British Isles being Black/ African"… There's so many things to refute here that it's absurd. Not only do they mention the first inhabbitants of Europe (going back 40000 years) in the same sentence as King Gormund (An AFrican king from the Vandals of N. Africa) which happened in the early common era, but they spread the lie that this visiting king was actually King of Ireland! LOL. This article seems to know no chill when it mentions that because the Scottish highlands were referred to as "the Black land" That now, the Picts (scots) were really Moors and yup, they were Black the whole time! Despite the disparate, infrequent sources used in this particular segment, the whole article just reaches desperately with the same kind of language. So it's no surprise that when Pliny mentioned the Britons as described as "ethiopian" the author of this article conveniently left out how he also mentioned it was due to the paint they used to color their skin. I mean, it's at the level of tabloid.

58. Lvida Fahey says:

SeeAsia Shynes Stop lumping All white people into the poison of the prison industrial complex, interinstitutional racism, intergenerational racism and active attemtps to subjugate ancestors of stolen African people. That's called rhetoric and you know damn well that it's no different than White people who treat Blacks as monolithic. me disagreeing with the BS writing in this article has nothing to do with my views on Black Rights struggles, Black people or the Diaspora or homeland AT ALL. It's about truth and I've argued from the same motivation when it meant defending Blackness or even combatting White supremacism. Keep the propaganda aside, deal with the issues I'm talking about, stop making my gripes here attached to a larger political perspective (that's valid) you have that don't apply. I stand in solidarity with all people but don't tolerate obvious lies and propaganda from ANYONE when I have energy enough to write ;P.

59. Lvida Fahey no offense but one of your references about stone carving was from Wikipedia, and that's not credible. Do you have any credible sources such like journal articles to support your claim.

60. True not all whites are supremacists. But most of the supremacist are white.

61. Lvida Fahey , dude, give up, it's like arguing with the faithful. They believe a lie because they WANT to, and your arguments will not deter them.

62. Lvida Fahey you smoke crack or meth don't you?

63. Lvida Fahey the world was once filled with melanated people lvida, you can't prove your point with our history that your scientists are trying to steal… and 3000 b.c.e. is when you people came out of those mountains and seen those treasures with your eyes, you cannot prove when they were built, oh and you people like to say that our pyramids were built around 2500 b.c.e. giving Your a 500 year advantage over Africa. clearly it's your life mission to oppress those that you feel threatened by, I understand!

64. Horace Guthrie well said horace.

65. Lee Doig Yeah – it's 'boring' to you 'cause it ain't fucking happening to you. Keep 'yawning' white people and see where it will get you.

66. Celeser , I should get a real education, ha. Did you proof read?

67. No wonder they always were and still are so determined to destroy our history because it shows that they are in fact the second class citizens of this world.

68. Damion York says:

Find it amazing that people will agree life began in Africa but then discredit the possibility of exploration even when scholars at the time wrote it! Continue your research and not just the internet

69. This site is amazing, I have learnt a lot please keep up the good work.

70. Omar Blades says:

This site has helped to inspire my learning process, around the subject of the mis-education of generations of people.

71. Cary Glover says:

thanks for the links.

72. Luchi Fahey For your information dude 3 of the 9 patents owned by IBM belong to a black man including the PC. Do your homework.

73. Anita Wills says:

Luchi Fahey Yes and I just gave him another LIKE! White man speak with forked tongue. You actually believe you can come on here and we are going to take your word about our history. I don't think so! Keep calling us names Neanderthal Man!

74. Era Murphy says:

Hey word. From the land of Gog & Magog, LF can not perceive truth unless it is accompanied by melanin gained thru assimilation. Visit his page. A picture is worth a thousand words. Remember such as Cointelpro. Baitiing.

75. Bull Shit Luchi, is what You shitting I beleive if the Empirical Evidence that is the foundation of Western is filled with Lies and Betrayals then every thing You been saying is just another attempt to cover up the Lies. Innately the evidence points to Alkebulan as the true originators of Civilization and Original thought. We are all Nubians or for lack of a better term Africans since mankind origins started there and branched out to the rest of the planet.

76. Luchi Fahey my question to you, why it so important for you to make your presence known on this Black site. Dont you have other sites to visit. Data can always be twisted. No we don't owe white folks for stepping up and helping Black folks fight and for freedom it was not free for to the black community ever.
    Dont you have some friends that look like you to hang out with and enage with or just start you own page…

77. Yeah guys, keep calling Luchi Fahey's comments bullshit just because he is able of critical thinking lol.
    I don't get it, is this some kind of competition of which race founded the western civilization? This is just ridiculous.

78. Luchi Fahey says:

Vanessa Jackson Because I am interested in fair language being used, fair portrayal of ideas in the context of history. To suggest you don't wanna hear what I have to say because I'm white and it doesn't jive with you doesn't mean I'm being a hater. "data can always be twisted" Funny you say that because that's why I'm here. And no, it can't always. There's rigorous analysis that allows us to form consensus and the points in some of these articles drastically fly in face of it. Now that ain't n issue with me. I will read stuff that disagrees and challenges! That's what it's all about! But the complaints I made have let's face it, poor sources. Now I'm a fan of history, so this is why I'm here. And I read alot. So I'm coming at this with nothing but intellectual intentions. You unable to appreciate my critique just shows more about you than what I said. Do you realize how many Black folks I've defended myself against here who just wanna say all I'm doing is coming here to bash black identity? It's absolute cowardice. It's despicable and everyone does it! But it's discrediting my ideas. And my ideas aren't all that contentious. However, the cases made here in this opinion piece, a few of em have some really really really poor evidence backing them up and that's why I"m here.

79. Luchi Fahey says:

Celeser Smith you just called my entire race disengenuous…. Ehhhh. Okay just think about that. But, I do not deny that Whites have been disingenuous in history to Africans. But, just realize please how your anger let you just discredit your own self by damning my entire race. Lady, get out of your self and look at the ideas. I'm not motivated by some war to make nonwhites, poc look bad I'm very fuckign realistic about shit… My entire post on this article was to critique the language it used and cherry-picking it did to try and heap some poor cases and arguments (some of the points in the article) ontop of a problem that has plenty of real, proven problems. The problem of white appropriation of African history is real or the problem of Africans not realizing the rich history and accomplishment of AFrican prehistory/ civalization whose members eventually ended up colonizing the world.

80. Luchi Fahey says:

Horace Sewell El is IBM the total history of computing, Dude? hardly. You're fighting for chickens with me over some very narrow claim about patents while jumbo jets and skyscrapers of this discussion are at stake. elevate…

81. Luchi Fahey says:

Devandis Smith What blew my mind recently was somethign I learned from kendrick LAmar actually and it pertains to this thread since Negus was the title of King to I believe Memnon, was a Negus. It's very likely that the LAtin origin for the word Black which is something like "niger" I beleive was inspired by this title. But I'm kinda fuzzy on the details. I do know Latin was derived from Greek, so the King Memnon connection here has special connection to Kendrick Lamar's CD from this summer, lol.

82. Luchi Fahey says:

Steven T. Moultrie Wikipedia reference isn't credible? Was it the reference about Catal Hyuk? I can't remember this is entirely old but Wikipedia is credible, ya just have to evaluate the source attached to it and if there's other hits on the google, evaluate them too. I had a class on literary analysis and wikipedia actually is above average compared to most stuff on the internet.

83. Luchi Fahey says:

Shalonne Tiffany Wellington Shalonne, your first sentence you have to understand, it's wrong. melenated people are EVERYONE on earth. melanin exists in everyone. Ok I just read the rest of your post, complete fiction but it sounds nice.

84. Luchi Fahey says:

Michael Joseph Allsop I'll keep my i open for the mentioning of the people you referenced as I've never heard of them before. alkebulan. I don't seek tpo apologize for the horrors of colonial hisotry. And to assume History is all just White lies is a trick you're playing on yourself. There are no simple answers.

85. Luchi Fahey says:

Νίκος 'Ω Appreciate the support of critical thinking. I was just blue sky thinking about how close greece is to Egypt! So close! But a lot of AFroEgyptological fans make this error that in assuming Greece is so close to the continent of AFrica, then AFrica= Black so Greece and Egypt are all Black. meanwhile, they don't realize how far Egypt, lower Egypt that is, from Subsaharan Africa or the rest of habitable AFrica! The distance from Egypt to the UK is shorter than the distance to parts of West Africa! I'm not saying Europeans from the UK populated Egypt lol.

Inevitably, Africans living in the north of Africa had lighter skin and the rule is in evolution, the farther a human lives away from the equator for longer, the Whiter they get. It's a vitamin D absorption thing. WOmen who are dark skin who live far north or south don't get enough vit d. And lighter skinned (White) women who live closer to the sunny equator who get too much vit. D dep[lete their folic acids! In both cases the result is infertility so the humans with lighter or darker skin according to theri environment survive. This is how covered desert people remain light in the harsh sun. So my point is, While AFricans undoubtedly were the first to colonize the world and give rise to all the eventual separate cultural groups in it, As they ventured away form the equator evolution only let the ones who got lighter skin survive.

So keeping this in mind, and also that "Black" is not a scientific term saying that "Black people" were the first to colonize the world is a very relative saying. It could mean Africans that livd in Egypt, which may have meant someone with very light, dark skin depending how long that lineage lived in NorthAFrica's dimmer sunlight than Subsaharan Africa, or it could even mean someone from Ethiopia or Somalia, a darker skinned "Black" person or African crossed the Gulf of Aden to Yemen. FYI, The gulf of ADen and Egypt Sinai peninsula were the two most popular emigration points from Africa to the rest of the world.

Whatever ramble I have going here, the 'Black" person is undoubtedly African yet we have to remember we can't get trapped in continental thinking and I'ma fraid this is what many people here have done. They forget that even today, Africa is the most genetically diverse place on earth meaning that inside of AFrica's borders, the range of diverse genomes is greater than that outside of it. Comparing a San person or Maasai to a North African will make this evidenct.

86. Craig Murray says:

Idiotic articles such as this do not improve the status of the African-Origin peoples, it instead makes believers and proponents of this sort of anti-scientific, anti-historical factless stupidity seem even dumber.
    Ancient and Modern Britons: a Retrospect, was written in the 1800's and totally devoid of any sort of logic. In fact the author was an accountant, not a scientist and he based most of his theories on this.
    Folklore stories of fairies must be real and therefore the only small dark people are Pygmies, so therefore, fairies are African and were here first.
    Now there are going to be people screaming enraged and demanding that I am doing nothing but attacking Afrocentricity because of some evil racist reason.
    I can't help people that choose to be stupid and hateful so I will ignore them.
    Be proud of who you are
    Be proud of the future you will create
    Be proud of who you were
    Do not feel the need to want to lie and accept lies to bolster your own views. Use science and facts and reason. The problem with articles that lie about genetic origins is that they use information that is decades out of date. The most current genetic national profiles, and they are widely done across the EU show the origins of most peoples, This stupid and unreasonable article basically states
    Scots – Black
    Vikings – Black
    Greeks – Black
    Eastern Europeans – Black
    Everyone – Black
    but it cannot seem to explain how in an incredibly short period of time, all these people stopped being black, now think about that. The Danes, the Irish, the Scots, all less than a thousand years ago were black, but that magically somehow changed. Most importantly, all the information and drawings and paintings and descriptions, well, they were all faked somehow, even at the time to show only white people.
    if you are originally African, you do not have to participate in this idiocy, you have a far, far better claim.
    You do not need to listen to liars and frauds that would make you seem fools by believing things so easily disproven.
    You can get up every morning, look about the world and say,
    We gave birth to all of humanity. We are all Africans originally, we all came from the same valley. Each generation moved out, moved further, the children of that valley covered every part of the world. Our skins lightened or changed. Our bodies, our African bodies adapted to the new lands they moved to. We became the peoples of the world, we are the peoples of the world.
    Now
    Who can make a greater claim than that?

87. Lee Rowan says:

The Romans went all over Europe and Northern Africa, and though they enslaved people in every country they conquered, they did not discrimnate by color.