8 Black Celebrities You Wouldn’t Believe Were Linked To Scientology

Scientology is a body of beliefs and related practices created by science-fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard (1911–1986).  In 1952, as a successor to his earlier self-help system, Dianetics, Hubbard characterized Scientology as a religion, and in 1953 he incorporated the Church of Scientology in Camden, New Jersey.

brandy norwood

Brandy

Singer Brandy claims she “just took classes” and is no longer a follower of Scientology.

In a 2004 interview, Norwood told Africana.com that she had once enrolled in Scientology classes.

“It basically consists of questions that probe really deeply into your life,” she said. “I am not a Scientologist, but I do love what I have experienced.”

Doug E. Fresh

Doug E. Fresh

In 2009, hip-hop pioneer Doug E. Fresh opened up about his affiliation with the Church of Scientology. In an interview with Essence magazine, the star talked about what Scientology means to him and why others should consider it.

“I found it fascinating. It changed how I thought. I’ve learned how to look at things and not judge them but respect them, and use it in a way that people understand that I respect them, show them love and respect their reality. Scientology is not written with disrespect toward God. It doesn’t worship something that is evil. It is scientific, mathematical, and spiritual. The Black community has to check it out and see what’s there. I’m not saying it’s for everyone, but you have to take a look. You may be amazed at what you get.”

8 thoughts on “8 Black Celebrities You Wouldn’t Believe Were Linked To Scientology

1. Dan Courtney says:

It's so sad to see anybody taken in by this destructive criminal cult, let alone have their fame exploited for the benefit of Scientology.

2. Larry Moore says:

Paid advertisement? Sure reads like it. If Atlanta Blackstar had researched Scientology they would have been embarrassed to even admit those 8 black stars ever touched it, let alone praised it. Hey editors, try googling: theundergroundbunker dot net for a wealth of info about the so-called church of scientology. Were it not for the BILLIONS of dollars it has amassed it would have been shut down in the USA long ago. My opinion of course. See for yourselves. Please.

3. John Davis says:

My understanding of people, of myself and of life has increased enormously because of Scientology. If you've never heard Hubbard lecture, you should. I'm sure there are libraries that have his lectures on CD. He is a brilliant speaker. This man's clear thinking and logical reasoning shine out. Pure genius

4. Larry Moore says:

Hey John, IF you were allowed to access the internet regarding critical information about Scientology, they would lock you up in the RPF for the next 10 years! But of course you are not allowed to view such 'entheta'. Lol.

Hubbard said 2.5 % of the population is Suppressive, and yet over 85% of all early Scientologists were declared Suppressive by Hubbard himself. Don't believe that. Google it John. Oh wait, you can't Google that can you. Get it?

Good luck with an organization that tells you what you can and can't read & view, about the very organization you belong too. Google Scientology Crimes, if you can.

5. Larry Siegel says:

My understanding of organized crime has increased tremendously because of Scientology based upon my own personal experiences and that of many friends. As Mr. Moore suggested below, follow Tony Ortega's Underground Bunker for close coverage of the 20+ lawsuits against Scientology and their front groups for fraud. Also there's coverage of many human's rights violations as well; forced abortions, forced divorces, false imprisonment, and many more categories.

6. Dmax Lomax says:

I can believe this. The devil greatest trick is to have you believe he does not exist.

7. $¢ientology is a cult! Google Lisa McPherson, RPF, Operations- Freakout & Snow White, Paulette Cooper, David Miscaviage and get back to me

8. Mimi Armagh Parrow says:

It makes me so sad when anyone affiliates themselves with an organization known for ripping apart families and friendships, forced abortions, human trafficking, child labor and discrimination against minorities. In fact, L. Ron Hubbard stated Minorities should be eliminated. Why support an organization that wants your money and soul? ? CULT