One thing we can be sure we’ll see in tomorrow’s mid-season finale of The Walking Dead is the intro to Chad Coleman as Tyreese in AMC’s hit zombie series… just in time as Rick preps for a showdown with the Governor.
But what else can fans expect in tomorrow night’s episode? As the title of this post says SPOILERS AHEAD, so if you prefer to be surprised, you probably should stop reading now.
In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, posted yesterday, showrunner Glen Mazzara revealed some scoop on Sunday’s mid-season finale.
Of note are the following:
– When asked whether Rick and The Governor will finally meet, Mazzara said “Not yet.”
– In response to whether Andrea and Michonne would reunite, Mazzara said “I would hope so.”
– And with Michonne returning to Woodbury, and The Governor thinking she’s dead (Merle lied, telling him Michonne was dead), what might that mean for all 3 – Michonne, Merle and The Governor? Mazzara replied that there will definitely be a showdown between Michonne and The Governor; he doesn’t say what the outcome of that face-to-face will be though. He added that Rick, Daryl, Michonne and Oscar will attack from the gates of Woodbury, which I think we saw in the promo. He doesn’t comment on what this might do to the relationship between Merle and The Governor, when the Governor realizes the Merle lied to him.
– As for whether Andrea will now see The Governor’s true colors, Mazzara said, “The veil is lifted!”
– And maybe the most crucial revelation he made in the interview was when he was asked whether members of Rick’s contingent, or The Governor’s will die, Mazzara replied, “It’s the midseason finale, there have to be some deaths!” Further, he stated, “Definitely. The question is: By whose hands?”
Read more: Indie Wire