Chick-fil-A is Standing by its Anti-Gay Stance

Chick-fil-A is standing by its anti-gay stance…so far.

The Atlanta company is known for its claim of inventing the chicken sandwich and for an iconic advertising campaign featuring spotted cows encouraging us all to “eat more chikin.” Well, apparently that message is only some of us. With its recent comments from its president, the fast-food chain could be setting itself up as a target for boycott from LBGT groups and supporters.

Chick-fil-A Inc. recently came under fire for its million of dollars of donations to anti-gay Christian organizations, but the Atlanta-based chain’s president isn’t backing down.

The Atlanta Business Chronicle reports that Dan Cathy, son of founder S. Truett Cathy and Chick-fil-A president, told the Baptist Press earlier this week the company stands “guilty as charged” for its stand on biblical and family values. Chick-fil-A is known for its family-friendly atmosphere, customer service and respecting the Sabbath by not opening.

“We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit,” he told the publication. “We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that.”

The article did not go unnoticed by a variety of left-leaning publications, such as The Huffington Post, and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) advocates and bloggers.

Earlier in July, Business Insider said an analysis of its donations by Equality Matters found the chain’s donation of $2 million to anti-gay groups eclipsed money given by other companies.

“These contributions compound the estimated $5 million in donations Chick-fil-A made to anti-gay groups between 2003 and 2010,” the report noted.

Chick-fil-A’s strong stand on Christian and family values has not hurt its business. It recently was named the No. 10 fastest growing American retailer with sales at its 1,615 stores having jumped 13.1 percent to $4 billion in 2011.

15 thoughts on “Chick-fil-A is Standing by its Anti-Gay Stance

1. Tom Smith says:

Bigotry is SO unflattering, no matter how it is presented. Nice job Chick-fil-A!

2. I wont be eating at chick-fil-a anymore until they change there stance on LBGT community.

3. Kraig Diesel says:

Their food is horrible anyway

4. Jerry Morgan says:

I will never understand how people can use religion to hate. I'm sure they wouldn't mind taking my gay money. They will never receive another penny from me.

5. Matt Dodd says:

Yes. Quite a dumb call by Chic-fil-a. They deserve every loss they will undoubtedly sustain. I wasn't fond of their food anyway, tasted a little to hypocritical for me.

6. How ignorant and unprofessional of Chick-fil-A. They can keep their fattening food. I'll make my own healthy chicken sandwiches.

7. Nona Bavender says:

I never even realized thats how they felt!! How can people be soooo judgemental on others, i will never understand that!! In my mind, God would not agree on how some people treat others!! As long as you dont lie, steal or take advantage of my friendship, i can be friends with someone no matter race, belief or personal preferences!!

8. Matt Dodd says:

Oops. Autocorrect strikes again. Too hypocritical.

9. Jason Curry says:

WAY TO GO CHIC-FIL-A!! I will eat their even more!

10. Jason Curry says:

I will be eating their ALL THE TIME! Its about time we stand up to the GAY LIFE STYLE and the choice they make and DEMAND OTHERS to put up with IT! Tell me any other Animal in the Animal Kingdom that bare offspring with the same sex!

11. David LaBelle says:

Yikes, you've got me doing it now: *bears

Now that we have all that out of the way, it would seem that you are suggesting that humans bear offspring through same sex intercourse. Could you explain how that works please?

12. Jill Bradley says:

bahaha.

13. Sam Monaghan says:

I didn't know they were like this