Atlanta Husband Being Extradited from Texas for Shooting His Wife 8 Times

What could possibly have happened to make a husband who has vowed to love, cherish and protect his wife unload 8 shots into her and leave her for dead?

Adina Parson’s family would like to know the answer to that question also, as their daughter remains in critical condition.

Perhaps we will find out when Adina’s husband, Michael Parson is extradited back to Georgia from Texas in connection with her attempted murder.

Michael Parson, accused of shooting his wife Adina Parson, a Sandy Springs attorney, eight times outside her apartment last month, remained in a Texas jail Monday.

“Parson was arrested by the Texas Highway Patrol following a traffic stop just before midnight Saturday,” said Capt. Steve Rose with Sandy Springs police. “He was taken into custody without incident.”

Rose said Monday that a grand jury was scheduled to consider an indictment on Friday, “however, that date could be moved up as soon as Tuesday.”

On Friday Sandy Springs police issued arrest warrants for Parson, who is accused of shooting Adina Parson eight times, including three times in the head, around 11:45 p.m. on April 20.

Friends of 40-year-old Adina Parson have said Michael Parson was at Grady Memorial Hospital with other family members in the days following the shooting.

Police said he was driving the couple’s 2000 Green Honda Civic, when Texas police arrested him.

Adina Parson remained in critical but stable condition Friday at Grady. She has been unable to speak with investigators.

Outside the hospital Friday night, Adina Parson’s aunt, Pam Dickerson, said the family was shocked to learn Michael Parson was believed responsible for the shooting.

“I’m going to offer some prayers to him and his family,” Dickerson said. “I originally said somebody who did this to my niece had to be very full of pain. To give pain, you have to be in pain.”

Though she remains in critical condition, Adina Parson is improving, the aunt said.

“She’s getting stronger each and every day,” Dickerson said. “We are still praying for her complete recovery.”

To read the entire story of this developing story go to the AJC

Back to top