A.J. Calloway and ‘Extra’ ‘Mutually Agree to Part Ways’ After Investigation Into Sexual Harassment Allegations

0
2290

A.J. Calloway has decided with Warner Bros. to part ways from his hosting gig on “Extra” following an investigation into claims he sexually harassed several women.

“The company has investigated the claims made into Mr. Calloway’s conduct and he and the company have mutually agreed to part ways,” the entertainment company responsible for distributing “Extra” said in a statement obtained by various outlets.

a.j. calloway
AJ Calloway attends the 2018 Women’s Media Awards at Capitale on Nov. 1, 2018, in New York City. (Photo: Jemal Countess/Getty Images for Women’s Media Center)

Calloway had worked for the daily syndicated news magazine since 2005 but was faced with claims he sexually assaulted women at the top of the year. The Hollywood Reporter was set to publish an article detailing some of those accounts but Warner Bros. suspended Calloway and had already looked into whether he had any sexual misconduct with author and activist Sil Lai Abrams. Abrams alleged Calloway assaulted her by, among other alleged acts, exposing himself, kissing her and fondling her, and he was subsequently arrested. However, those charges were ultimately dropped.

Warner Bros. found no evidence of inappropriate interactions. However, two other women came forward with allegations against Calloway. A woman who identified herself as Talia told the Daily Beast she finally agreed to go to a party with Calloway at his house after they went on a date in 2011.

“I just remember him pulling his penis out and he began stroking himself and he kept trying to put my hand on his penis and eventually he ejaculated on my hands,” she said, noting she wanted to “get out of there” but didn’t have any transportation to go home. Another woman, who wished to remain anonymous, told the U.K. outlet she filed a police report with the West Orange Police Department in New Jersey last December alleging the host sexually assaulted her.

As such, Warner Bros. said given “additional allegations brought to our attention, we are expanding our ongoing inquiries.”

Calloway was suspended from “Extra” with pay in February. In total, six women accused the former “106 & Park” host of sexual misconduct.

Calloway has yet to speak out on the current state of his employment with “Extra” but in February, his attorney Lisa E. Davis told THR her client “can state unequivocally that these allegations are implausible and did not happen.”

[wpdevart_facebook_comment ]