After ABC suspended filming of “Bachelor In Paradise” to allow for an investigation of sexual assault, Warner Bros. has concluded the allegations were unfounded.
The studio said they wrapped the probe, which began Sunday, June 11, after a claim surfaced that Corinne Olympios was too intoxicated to consent to sexually engage with DeMario Jackson in a pool in Sayulita, Mexico.
“Out of respect for the privacy interests of those involved, we do not intend to release the videotape of the incident,” Warner Bros. said in a statement issued to various outlets, not clarifying if the tape will be available to law enforcement. “We can say, however, that the tape does not support any charge of misconduct by a cast member. Nor does the tape show, contrary to many press reports, that the safety of any cast member was ever in jeopardy.”
A cast member told TMZ she saw a sexual episode between Olympios, who has a boyfriend, and Jackson and claimed “The Bachelor” alum was lucid. Olympios apparently sat topless with her legs wrapped around Jackson in the pool. As the saga unfolded, both contestants hired lawyers, with Olympios releasing a statement saying she is “a victim,” while Jackson asserted his character had been “assassinated.”
Production on “Bachelor In Paradise” is set to resume and Warner Bros. said it plans to issue changes in the program’s policy and procedures to increase security and safety of the contestants.