Kim Kardashian says North West changed her view on racism

Source: Vogue

Reality television star Kim Kardashian took to her blog on Wednesday to discuss how her biracial daughter has completely changed her perspective of racism and discrimination in America.

It was only a few months ago that Kim expressed a desire to raise a color-blind child. But after coming face-to-face with racism and discrimination against her daughter, she’s getting a harsh lesson in the realities of racism.

In what might be one of Kim’s most open and honest blog posts yet, the famous Kardashian admits that before having baby North she figured that racism was “someone else’s battle.”

“To be honest, before I had North, I never really gave racism or discrimination a lot of thought,” she wrote. “It is obviously a topic that Kanye is passionate about, but I guess it was easier for me to believe that it was someone else’s battle. But recently, I’ve read and personally experienced some incidents that have sickened me and made me take notice.”

While she never gave details of any of the incidents, Kim has been at the center of racist backlash ever since she announced she was pregnant by rap star Kanye West.

At one point, West became involved in a physical altercation with a man who called Kim a “n****r lover.”

Comments on her social media have also revealed the ugly truth that racism is extremely prevalent in America, with a significant number of commenters taking shots at North’s biracial heritage.

Kim Kardashian blog post on racism, discrimination

Source: Kim K. Instagram

The situation has completely changed Kim’s outlook on racism.

“I realize that racism and discrimination are still alive, and just as hateful and deadly as they ever have been,” her blog post continues. “I feel a responsibility as a mother, public figure, a human being, to do what I can to make sure that not only my child, but all children, don’t have to grow up in a world where they are judged by the color of their skin, or their gender, or their sexual orientation.”

The curvy star said that the first step, however, is for her to realize that it is no longer (and it never was) “someone else’s battle.”

“So the first step I’m taking is to stop pretending like this isn’t my issue or my problem, because it is,” Kim wrote. “It’s everyone’s…because the California teenager who was harassed and killed by his classmates for being gay…the boy in Florida who was wrongly accused of committing a crime and ultimately killed because of the color of his skin, they are all someone’s son and someone’s daughter.”

Now instead of wishing that her daughter will never see color, Kim went on to say that she wants to “ensure that hate is something our children never have to see.”

12 thoughts on “Kim Kardashian Says Racist Response to Her Baby Changed Her Views on Discrimination

1. Farntella Graham says:

If I had her money, I would not raise my children in america or europe.

2. Charles Henri' Lucas II says:

It hit home because she now has the beauty of melanin in her blood. Just realize Kim that no matter what this country was called a Melting Pot for a reason and eventually the people of color will assimilate with those of Caucasoid decent so that it will be a thing of the past. You should have seen this a long time ago but oh well, you have swallowed that bitter pill. Now be strong and denounce and continually overcome it as you aspire. Shalom.

3. Really, Kanye from Chicago, one of the most racist cities in Amerikkka. I know because I wad born and raised there. To be with Kanye and not know how racist Amerikkka id. Well , I guess it's better late than never. Kim I have studied racism and with your finances and my knowledge, I believe we could make some endroads to this problem.

4. Reggie Forde says:

Welcome to the real WORLD Klm.

5. It's a little too late for that now. You got a brown baby. Get real! What did u think would happen if u f'd a black man? You'd just have a cure brown baby. Not so quick. It's not that easy, huh?!?

6. Yet you so called Negros do nothing to combat this issue .. Talk Talk talk .. No unity no action , just talk .

7. The assimilation you speak of is unlikely and not to our best interest.

8. She is still in the first step of learning about the reality of racism, which is admitting it exist and people are different. Kanye knows a lot according to some of his songs. He needs to educated her. I mean WTF do they talk about when they are together?

9. Farntella Graham says:

I do not have to assimilate with caucasians for them to respect my humanity and not hate me because of my skin color. I prefer to isolate them not mate with them. this is sick. I will not accommodate their pathology.

10. Farntella Graham says:

oh we are doing something, alright. we are internalizing the hatred. some of us prefer to mate with them and make them feel like they are like the rest of humanity when clearly they are different.

11. Cheryl Mason says:

Based on your international experience where would you raise your children?

12. Farntella Graham says:

Cheryl Mason africa: south africa, zimbabwe, ghana, (libya before they bombed it into the stone age), uganda, nambibia and any other Black african country where they are independent and not bowing to the dictates of the west. it has been my experience that european white people want to be in africa. most american white people are ignorant when it comes to africa. their minds are so small that they cannot imagine that africans live the same way we do. unfortunately, white europeans know different and it is really a challenge to keep them out of africa. I hpe the west is severely restricted in their movements in africa.