8 Unarmed Black Males Other Than Trayvon Martin Who Were Recently Killed

o-KIMANI-GRAY-facebook

Kimani Gray

On his way home from a birthday party, 16-year-old Kimani Gray was shot to death by two plainclothes officers in Brooklyn, N.Y. , on March 9, 2013.

The men responsible for his death, police Sgt. Mourad Mourad and Officer Jovaniel Cordova, claim that Gray was armed and drew a .38 caliber pistol. During the initial crime-scene investigation, no weapon was found at the scene or on Gray’s body. In addition, close friends and family members of the teen have said that he was not known to ever carry a gun.

Sergeant Mourad and Officer Jovaniel Cordova are presently on paid administrative leave while the NYPD continues to investigate this case.

40 thoughts on “8 Unarmed Black Males Other Than Trayvon Martin Who Were Recently Killed

1. It seems as if black men lives aint worth anything

2. Marlena Nkene says:

But they are priceless and the people who took their lives need to be held accountable!

3. Betty Thompson says:

I wonder when the shooters will start suing the famiies for PTSD because they felt they had to shoot?

4. Ademola Fadipe says:

Meanwhile Kobe Bryant is still waiting for more fact on all these killings.

5. I hope this is ur attempt at sarcasm, otherwise ur probably standing by ur front door praying for an opportunity to kill the first black face that comes within range

6. Imad Muhammad says:

We are and having been lowering our own value for far too long. Count the ways beginning with the music industry, accepted movie roles and our desire to live out those lies…

7. Dex Sims says:

It’s ALL Black people, unfortunately, not just Black men. Look at what happened with Renisha McBride

8. Cesar Quesada says:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/03/11/nyregion/16-year-old-killed-by-new-york-police.html lemme guess someone is gonna say it was a throw down like its the 80's or it happened to be in the street.

9. Bonita Applebum says:

THESE MOTHER FUCKERS WERE JUST RIGHT OUT WRONG. I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY BLACKS ARE SELLING OUT MEANING THEY MARRY A WHITE PERSON AND SAY RACISM IS OVER WITH. I MEAN REALLY HOW CAN I LAY IN THE BED WITH A WHITE PERSON AND SAY OH HONEY LOOK AT THE NEWS LOOK HOW THEY SHOT THAT BLACK PERSON TO DEATH. REALLY. NOT IN MY LIFE TIME. THEY SAY LOVE IS COLOR BLIND WELL THE SAME THING SHOULD GO FOR KILLING SOME ONE. OH PLEASE IM SOO DONE WITH THIS BULLSHIT.

10. Beverly J Darby says:

Black people period. We need to elect people that are going to care about everybody not just one race of people but the whole race of people. That is how you start right now and pull together pay as much money as you can to the Democratic Party and everybody make sure we vote in the primary elections as well as the Presidential elections. That is the only way we can stop these insane people from getting away with murder. We have to stop these people now, I mean right now. Don't get mad just get it right on what we have to do. This for all people that are for right and truth. Join the Democrats or start a democratic office with the help of others, we may not have much money but we can help by getting people out to vote.

11. Phillip James says:

Betty as long as you weren't in that place and at that time keep on assuming stuff right. Don't evaluate the two sides of the story.

12. Andrea Macon says:

I have no words! All I can say is OMG! I was sick to my stomach over the Trayvon Martin case, and now reading these other cases, I feel even sicker! SMH!

13. Bj Strongforu Tillman says:

Can we also discuss all the black men that kill each other senselessly everyday in our communities and no witnesses come forward….ever?

14. One day or night soon karma and divine justice will be instant and, that goes for every goddamn body!!!!!!

15. you are right mam about the killings do you feel the same way about all the white people recently that were killed by blacks. are you happy that the dem party has helped in maintaining the killing of babies. 55,000,000 to date. you sure have the right to vote and to organize mam. but I would ask with all due respect that it be done legally no voter fraud thank you.

16. Beverly please take a moment to read about your Democratic party and its ties to the KKK, nothing has changed they have only enslaved black people with government dependency. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_Klux_Klan

17. Excellent use of the Lords name in vain while speaking of his Truth and Holy Justice.

18. Yonah, I saw your facebook page and all the lies on it. Learn the truth about Christianity http://www.bible.ca quit spreading lies.

19. Beverly J Darby says:

I was saying, I want you to get this straight, I just love people but nobody care enough to see the killers get justice for these Black Young men and surly not the old ones. I was raise with prejudice all my life and I thought it would be over by the I was grown. Racism is still Live and well and I like the truth and you have lived a lie all your life and got better schools to go to better homes, better pay and better jobs and were promoted because of your race of people. I don't blame people for that but you all think because one or two of your people got killed by one or two people I should say something about them. Your court systems work white people. Courts steadily put Black men and Black women in jail to become slaves again because white people can get out find jobs after you kill a black person and nothing is ever said. I am just going say you need to read your history on your ancestor and find out where you come from. Black people made whit Babies and White people cannot make black babies, check out your history and look around and learn something before challenge someone because you are very ignorant to say something like that to me or anyone else that take a pot shot at me like that. You need to talk to a whit person that will tell you the truth if you cannot go and read for yourself.

20. Beverly J Darby says:

Richard, you better look around because people are the main ones getting welfare. Read your history before you say another word to me, you sound dumb as those Tea Party people and the Republicans. We don't have much choice but I would rather hear you rant about dumb stuff like this because I will vote Democrates before I vote Republicans. You all that vote for Republicans because you are dumb. You are voting against yourselves. If you are not rich you are because they are cutting out the Unions and education and don't care if you get cancer and die if you don't have no money. Please don't say another stupid thing to me.

21. Beverly J Darby says:

I meant your people are the main ones on welfare.

22. Beverly J Darby says:

Richard naygaard, you need to learn what truth is period.

23. Before you judge or condem mr holier than thou know that I've faced death 6 times from the age of a infant until now and I'm still here I already know who god is and IT KNOWS EXACTLY WHO AND WHAT I AM thank yu very much!!

24. Before you judge or condem mr holier than thou know that I've faced death 6 times from the age of a infant until now and I'm still here I already know who god is and IT KNOWS EXACTLY WHO AND WHAT I AM thank yu very much!!

25. Bwire Vincent says:

The relationship between the enslaver and the enslaved is like that between a wolf and a sheep: Wolf 'accidentally' eats sheep, sheep family enraged and demands that wolf arrest wolf for eating sheep. Wolf reluctantly arrests wolf, who is tried before a jury of wolves…

Malcolm X was right; Intergration will never work.

26. 1932 president roosevelt dem give 600 black men syphillis.
    and kill 10of1000 during prohibition poison people alcohol.
    so the governor in alabama stop black from going to school and a dem.

27. 1932 president roosevelt dem give 600 black men syphillis.
    and kill 10of1000 during prohibition poison people alcohol.
    so the governor in alabama stop black from going to school and a dem.

28. Don Gillett says:

The Democrats have kept the blacks on the plantation. You are asking us to send money and elect slave-masters. This is insane!

29. Don Gillett says:

30. Jr Steele says:

group economics = black power = the ability to control our present and future don't expect changes to come from outside of our community. people's mind must b reprogrammed

31. McDonald Kendra says:

I honestly believe that most of these white police are secretly involved in these extremist group, Neo-nazi, KKK,white supremacy , whatever the hell they want to call themselves. Back in the days they use to do the same atrocities to our black people knowing no justice would come of their evil acts. Now, they are doing it all over again and using the legal system as their defense and they have the full support of the system backing them.If all these kids killed by these white police were" WHITES ", the world would never hear the end of this. The whole legal system would have to be demolished and start anew. The same question I am asking " when will it stop". It seems like there is a plan in motion to eradicate the black race.

32. Michael A Realist Farr says:

I really hate to burst your bubble but I work for a union and in this day in age unions are only good for making sure worthless employees get a pay check. I see it time and time again. We have OSHA to protect the employees don't need unions. Unions are the reason Made In the USA don't mean a thing anymore. Oh and I don't affiliate myself with one party cause I see idiots on both sides of the isle!

33. honey you are soo darn right they are and dont you believe those damn nuns an priest that you see they are under cover KLANS AND HOES

34. EITHER WAY THE SHIT IS UGLY AND DAMN RIGHT WRONG AS HELL THOSE DEOMONS ARE JUST MAD BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO TAKE ORDERS FROM A BEAUTIFUL BLACK HANDSOME BLACK MAN. THEIR DRIED UP ASS KLANS ARE JUST MAD. WELL I WOULD TELL THEM TO GO EAT SHIT IF I WAS PREZ

35. YEA WE KNOW THAT BUT STILL BROTHER THAT DONT GIVE NO ONE LIKE A WHITE PERSON THAT HAVE THE POSITION TO KILL SOMEONE. YES! WE HAVE BEEN DISCUSSING THAT FOR QUITE SOME TIME BUT IT TAKES A SITUATION LIKE THIS TO HAPPEN FOR US TO REALIZE THAT WE NEED TO STOP KILLING ONE ANOTHER. PEACE!

36. My reply to you is get the hell off this page you NUT. You must think that black ppl gonna take care of your old ass white you get even older. NOTTT WE NEVER FORGET

37. look at that dirty ass Honey booboo that fat nasty thing look like a dog in heat

38. you piece of trash go back to the caucas mountain. you aint shit just like that suit you got on. YALL AINT NOTHING BUT SOME FUCKING COWARDS. BUT HOW YOU LIKE THIS WHY DONT YOU GO AND FIND THAT WHITE MOTHER FUCKER THAT FELL TO HIS DEATH IN A CRATEL OF A WHOLE IN THAT FUCKING HICK TOWN

39. Kendra you are so correct! And because police have the ultimate power what better gov. institution could they use? none. I only hope there are some "good" cops that will break the code of silence and speak out against it and stop what appears to be a building epidemic of unnecessary force.