Minister-Louis-FarrakhanNation of Islam leader Minister Louis Farrakhan raised eyebrows yesterday with his suggestion that the African-American community set up its own court system because the U.S. judicial system is biased.

“We want equal justice under the law,” Farrakhan said to an approving crowd of 18,000 at the Joe Louis Arena on the last day of the Nation of Islam’s annual convention in Detroit. “Our people can’t take much more. We have to have our own courts. You failed us.”

The comments came amidst outrage and consternation in the Black community over the recent verdicts in the murder trials of George Zimmerman and Michael Dunn, whose juries were unable to reach murder convictions after both men shot and killed unarmed Black teenagers Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis.

Farrakhan said the African-American legal system should be based on the tenets in the Quran and the Bible.

“Has America been just to us?” he asked the crowd.

“No!” the crowd roared back.

“So … if we retaliate, you can bring out your soldiers. We got some, too,” he said. In the past, the fiery minister has called on the Black community to defend itself by any means necessary.

Congressman John Conyers sat behind Farrakhan for his nearly three-hour speech, as did Detroit City Council President Brenda Jones.

Farrakhan pushed for unity among Muslim and Christian leaders.

“Jesus and Mohammed would be arm in arm,” he said.

He excoriated Muslims for warring against each other in the Middle East.

You’re “slaughtering your own people for America” and the “European infidel,” Farrakhan said. He told the crowd that if the U.S. launched a war on Iran, “we ain’t fighting. We’re not killing no Muslims for these infidels.”

As he has in the past, he said the U.S. is headed for destruction unless it starts to obey the word of God.

Farrakhan also attacked Christian pastors who endorse gay marriage, saying, “God has never sanctioned that kind of behavior.”

Farrakhan denied he was anti-Semitic, a charge that has been leveled against him for decades.

“Did Jesus have a problem with the Jews of his day?” he said. “He’s not a hater. Neither am I. I don’t hate Jewish people … what I hate is evil.”

He pointed out facetiously that both he and Henry Ford have been accused of being anti-Semitic: “I feel like I’m in good company.”

Before his speech, Farrakhan spokeswoman Ava Muhammad had said that African-Americans needed to separate because eventually “planes are going to destroy every area that is not dominated by Islam.” She added that Detroit—the city where the Nation started 84 years ago— might be where Nation of Islam members choose to migrate in order to form their own community.

About Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan, who Farrakhan urged to take care of neighborhoods, not just downtown, Farrakhan said, “First time in a long time you’ve had a white mayor. We hope he’ll be successful.”

21 thoughts on “Farrakhan: African-Americans Deserve Own Court System In Response to Failed Judicial System

1. Daniel Gaskins says:

Thank you, I was thinking the same thing. One thing a separate system WILL bring is more HATE! What we do need as humans is to learn respect for each other.

2. Dontay Muhammad says:

Hmm apparently you don't keep up with the man and his works. Currently he is implementing "Muhammad's Economic Blueprint" where everyone that signs up donates $1.40 a month and it goes in a national treasury. That money is not touched until 1 million dollars have been hit. If you watch his Saviours' Day broadcast that he just did yesterday you would know about it. Don't talk out of conjecture, see what the man has done. Not only that but he has helped people in the Caribbean produce clean water for themselves by buying large water filters. After the Million Man March he went on his world friendship tour going to over 50 countries promoting peace and unity between the blacks of the world. I could go on but there is no point. If you can't produce work like him don't talk. I wonder if you can call a million men to Washington DC on a Monday and nearly 2 million show up. Research facts, don't talk out of your own ignorance sir

3. Dennis Renwick says:

RE: "Create your own system" …that's EXACTLY what he's talking about. Re : "All he does is talk" – what else do you suggest that he do? Any suggestions?
    RE: "A joke and a failure" What EXACTLY do you mean? What has he failed to do?
    RE: "hate" Who is doing the hating? Who has been doing the hating for the past five hundred years? Who needs to learn respect?

4. Minister Farrakhan is talking about things that need to be done, and he's also doing them. You naysayers don't follow the man enough to know what he's doing. Just as Malcolm X once said, “If you are not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.” Stop waiting for the newspapers or (Fox News or BET) to tell you the good things Brother Farrakhan is doing.

5. Kevin Smith says:

Dennis Renwick I don't agree with what Daniel Gaskins said. I don't believe in this preach love thing and everything will be ok. Black people have been preaching love for years through Islam and Christianity and that helped to enslave us. I do believe in having a our own system with our own interest I just don't think Farrakhan have the answers. I believe he is full of talk and doesn't possess viable solutions. Long story short brother, if we are going to achieve anything it can't be here in the belly of the beast it would have to be in a black country.

6. You have to give him credit for trying. Trying to get blacks up and moving in the direction to move our race forward, is a job, most will work agains you as if they wish to stay consumers of what other people produce, and stay powerless.

7. Lyndon Robinson says:

Uhh, why are you leaving it up to Minister Farrakhan? He's doing more than you by putting it out there. What are you doing about it?

8. Dmax Lomax says:

The same way Mr. King and Mr. X have, but some ppl are to narrow and blind to comprehend. Todays blacks are smarter and stronger, but at the same time ignorant and weaker. Wake Up my sheeple.

9. Christopher Muhammad says:

Dontay Muhammad … WELL SAID!

10. Berna Mason says:

Dontae capsulized the discussion perfectly.

11. I agree with your statement.

12. Rhonda Michelle Rankin says:

About a month ago I took part in one of the most exhilarating and eventful weekends I have ever taken part in. Where I hugged ate and learned from the farmers of the 1600 acre Muhammad farms in Ga. That Saturday we did classes and FARRAKHAN!!!!! Himself streamed in and Spoke with us for about 30 minutes! Then the engineering team behind LEAVING THE GRIDLOCK came in and showed us their products and gave us discounted prices on a lifetime coupon.

13. Rhonda Michelle Rankin says:

14. Rhonda Michelle Rankin says:

I am not NOI nor any other affiliation!

15. Rhonda Michelle Rankin says:

Then Sunday there was a Gala. They treated the farmers like Royalty! I came to an epiphany! He who grows the food sustains the people! I love Farrakhan!

16. Dmax Lomax says:

I see all these ppl talkn avount how this man ain't, jack, but not doing sht about avout anyrhing. Modern day porch creatures….

17. Dmax Lomax says:

Pardon my typos, on phone.

18. Jonathan Jjon Long says:

It's easy to hate a Transformer of Men and call him a Joke. It's easy to Judge when you don't know the Truthful evidence. This Brother transformed me without even joining by speaking a message to awaken Men & Women from a controlled sleep.

19. Tina Whattimeisit says:

Maybe more research is in order before you make a statement like this one.

20. Back off the minister Kevin Smith. Farrakhan is all we have for now support him or top him.

21. Back off the minister Kevin Smith. Farrakhan is all we have for now support him or top him.