romeo rose

A Texas man expressed some very clear, strict requirements when posting an ad for the girl of his dreams on his website, Sleepless in Austin. Larry Busby, known as Romeo Rose, an Austin photographer, is offering a $1500 finders fee, but some of his racial and sexual standards have landed him in hot water and have led to one of the most awkward interviews ever.

His full ad reads:

“I am 39 years old, (date of birth is 9-18-1974 so that makes me a Virgo) 6’,4” and 195lbs… I am looking for a girl that has a thin or athletic build. No one over 130lbs. Ages 21 – 41 White, Hispanic, or of European descent.I will not date any girl that has ever had a threesome, or a large number of past sexual partners. I do not want a promiscuous slut, I want a normal, decent, good hearted girlfriend.

“I will not date a Black girl. I don’t care if she looks like Halle Berry, I will not ever date a Black girl. And, I do not believe that Whites & Blacks should mix races sexually and have kids together. I think it’s ok for Whites & Hispanics. But not Blacks. I would NEVER, EVER, EVER date a woman if I found out she had EVER been sexually active with a Black man.”

The Huffington Post was interested in Busby’s bizarre ad, so they invited him to an interview on HuffPost Live to talk about the website. Caitlyn Becker first brought up his weight requirement, and after witnessing Larry Busby going off on the psychological problems of overweight people, she asked, “Do you find me physically repulsive?”

This is how Busby answered:

“I can tell you’re a little overweight. I mean, maybe repulsive is a strong word, you know, look, nothing personal against you, but if someone that looked exactly like you asked me on a date, I wouldn’t go out with them.”

But when it got around to his “no blacks” and “no white girls who have ever slept with blacks” rules, things got even more awkward. Busby defended himself by claiming a man’s sexual preference does not make him a racist, which he may have gotten a pass for, but then he couldn’t help himself, adding:

“I find black people, they visually look disgusting to me, I mean, they look like, you know, monkeys or gorilla or an animal, you know, that’s disgusting, it’s like bestiality.”

Becker loudly gasped, and then cut him off before he could finish his offensive statements.

Wait until you hear what he claims as proof he’s not a racist. Also, give some credit to Becker here for being far calmer and more restrained than the rest of us would have been.

Watch the interview below, via HuffPost Live:

26 thoughts on “Texas Man Unapologetic about Dating Ad Excluding Black Women, Including Halle Berry

1. His bones are made of stupidity. His way of thinking, is for the foolish. My goodness his heart is full of shit. lmao that is too bad his life is so smal, it is as narrow as thread. But, really I think he did it for show n tell – his finders fee is way too low, they will be over worked. Good Luck Wood Chuck.

2. He's a racist but an honest racist and misogynist to boot. I'm glad that no sane woman would seek him out for a long-term companion.

3. Lisa Gosselin Lindsay says:

WTF is with his teeth? Terrifying chompers he's got, there.

4. Lisa Gosselin Lindsay says:

He's not racist, misogynistic, insane, or any of the other things he's pretending to be, he's just desperate for someone to notice him, to pay attention to him.

5. this guy is offensive on so many levels. and those teeth? are you kidding me? that shirt? really? he would be lucky if a slimy slug found him attractive. yuck

6. Lisa Gosselin Lindsay says:

Pamela Cumbie He's like Tony Robbins and Gary Busey had a love child. And then mentally, sexually, and physically abused that child every day of his life.

7. u nailed him. and love your good luck wood chuck. lolololol

8. I remember hearing this on the radio at the gym. I didn't get mad. That's his choice/opinion. But now that I see his face…YIKES! He's lucky to get ANY woman! Even an ape would reject him lol

9. Janet Watkins Wynn says:

I cannot imagine any woman dating him, black, white, green, purple. NONE. His face would scare anyone. He has nothing to offer any woman of any race. Imagine waking up to him with those teeth sticking out on a daily basis. Scary. LOL

10. Ronn Perry says:

he should date a horse with those teeth!

11. Anonymous says:

his teeth looks like of gorilla decent ! i see a long lanky sick white ape

12. Anonymous says:

his mouth structure smells of ape !!!

13. Lisa Emmett says:

What a disgraceful human being.Yes everyone is entitled to their own opinions.But when they start being incredibly offensive like this guy, then that crosses the line. No wonder he is single, who would want to be with a judgemental prick.

14. Shavaun Scott says:

I'm disgusted that we put such a low-functioning freak in the media and give him any sort of platform. There are far more worthy people to interview than weirdos like this.

15. Michael Leist says:

Dats raysis!

16. Michael Leist And usually that's how racists use and spell that phrase: "Dats raysis" usually denoting that one's "freedom of speech" and/or "freedom of association" is under "attack". Said individual usually enjoys political labels such as "libs","liberal media", the "left", "Nobama", etc…. I don't even know you and I know that I'm not far off…smh.

17. Sheila Hudson says:

GEORGIA COPS, I'M YELLING BCUZ I CAN'T STAND RACIST PPL. I REALLY CAN'T.

18. Jordan Wells says:

He's got a point…kinda took it to the extreme..I would never date a black girl but I don't care if another white guy does…

19. Oscar Lehal says:

he's got horse teeth.

20. But most Hispanics are of the Afro decent. Ignorant at it's finest here.

21. Sal Bio says:

Most??? Mexico, Argentina, chile, Paraguay, etc etc there are many countries where the slave trade was not prominent. Tropical type countries where sugar cane was grown… That's the black-Hispanic thing you're talking about. But most??? Ehhhh I don't know about that.

22. Aleah Lornette Holy shit you need to take some history courses. Hispanics are descended from spaniards and Native Americans. Black people were slaves at the time of the exploration of the new world, no self respecting individual at the time would even want to procreate with blacks.

23. His big teeth wouldnt allow blacks date him. We date cute ones

24. Teila K. Day says:

Actually what should and shouldn't be broadcast is merely your opinion and thankfully not your decision. I didn't mind hearing what the guy had to say. He's free to give his honest opinion of people and that's ok. He'll probably find some skank looking girl to date and that's good for him.

He wan'ts thin? I don't blame him. He has a racial preference? So what, that's his beezwax as far as I'm concerned. He thinks certain people look like apes? So? What, am I supposed to get offended that someone says white people look like birds with razor lips and stringy hair… as if I care what someone else thinks. I'm surely not going to scream in all caps as if I'm an infantile low-brow uneducated twit. The bottom line is that many white females look like a bird in the face, with bad pasty skin, bad hair, and no lips. You could go so far as saying "no behind" decades ago, but now that's been replaced by being too fat. Truth hurts? Don't look. Likewise, many black women aren't as attractive to males of other races (relatively speaking) and in the Western Nations, the facial structure faces apes the most comparatively speaking. Just like in the Western Nations, many white women favor predatory birds with slightly sunken eyes, baloney thin lips, etc.. Big deal. Ya going to cry over that tripe whether it's true or not? It's trivial.

I think he (and his disposition) is hideous. Someone else may have a different opinion. Sometimes people are going to say things that offend whether they mean to or not. It's not medias job to squelch speech, but rather it's your job to shelter yourself if you can't handle people speaking their mind. 😉

25. Teila K. Day says:

Hmmm… I'll go out on a limb and bet that he's more concerned about outright looks as opposed to trivial genetics. (chuckle)