Arnold Schwarzenegger may have lost his stream as a Hollywood star, or maybe it’s payback from the moral gods for his extracurricular activities, because his latest film, The Last Stand, has flopped big-time in this weekend’s box office.
On the flip side of ole’ washed up Arnie’s demise, the new horror pic Mama, starring Jessica Chastain is leading the Martin Luther King weekend in the theaters. Mama is projected to make $33.2 million after taking in $28.1 million in the first three days. According to a studio insiders, the movie is has benefited from teen-friendly PG-13 rating.
The Mark Wahlberg-Russell Crowe action-thriller, Broken City, is doing mediocre, coming in at number 5 on the box office list, tying with Gangster Squad for Number 4 while Chastain’s other movie Zero Dark Thirty has landed at number 2. Lionsgate’s The Last Stand came in at a weak No. 10 after earning only $6.3 million for the three-day weekend.
The full list below:
1. Mama 1/2,647, Universal, $28.1 million
2. Zero Dark Thirty, 5/2,946, Sony/Annapurna, $17.6 million, $55.9 million
3. Silver Linings Playbook, 10/2,523, The Weinstein Co., $11.4 million, $55.3 million
4. Gangster Squad, 2/3,103, Warner Bros., $9.1 million, $32.2 million
5. Broken City, 1/2,620, Fox/New Regency, $9 million
6. A Haunted House, 2/2,160, Open Road Films/IM Global, $8.3 million, $30 million
7. Django Unchained, 4/3,012, The Weinstein Co., $8.2 million, $138.4 million
8. Les Miserables, 4/2,579, Universal, $7.8 million, $130.3 million
9. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, 6/2,323, Warner Bros./New Line, $6.4 million, $287.4 million
10.The Last Stand, 10/2,027, Lionsgate, $6.3 million