Love & Hip Hop: Chrissy Lampkin Nearly Ruins Jim Jones' Proposal

Last night’s episode of VH1’s Love & Hip Hop had a few touching moments as Jim Jones finally proposes to his longtime girlfriend Chrissy Lampkin and Kimbella Vanderhee opened up about her past.

After last weeks explosive fight with newcomer Erica Mena, Kimbella had a sit down with Yandy Smith in an attempt to shed light on why her emotions hit the brink causing her to throw the glass which started the brawl.

During Erica’s first meeting with Kimbella, she relayed a slew of negative comments to the model/actress. But one in particular had Kimbella fuming as she was engaged in yet another scuffle which left fellow cast mates Yandy and Teairra Mari at a lost for words.   Erica stated that Juelz Santana, Kimbella’s boyfriend and father of her son, was probably off cheating with the next chick…then all hell broke loose.

Kimbella explained that her childhood was crazy, as she endured the antics of a cheater father and suicidal mother who was frequently pushed to the edge.   She continued by expressing that she never wanted to be the woman her mother was, and she certainly didn’t intend on taking her children down that familiar path.

“My upbringing was crazy. My dad, he had children by other women and I saw the hell that my mother had to go through, and I always said I would never be that woman. I’m really mad at my mom and I don’t think she even knows that, ‘You didn’t teach me nothing.’ Everything that I know is from me raising myself.”

On a lighter note, Jim Jones finally came to his senses by asking Chrissy to marry him. It was certainly about time as we had to constantly endure episode after episode where Chrissy picked fights and bought herself “pain killers” to distract her from the fact that Jim hadn’t officially returned her previous proposal request by purchasing Chrissy a ring.

Jim surprised Chrissy by following her to an all girls getaway in Miami and pulling her aside to engage in what initially appeared to be an argument but later turned out to be a proposal. While it was a long awaited moment for Chrissy, the special moment was ruined by her insistence that Jim traveled all the down to Miami to start beef. It didn’t help that Jim didn’t get down on one knee and truly set the mood. But, a proposal is   a proposal and Chrissy could barely contain her emotions as she accepted Jim’s offer and the two sealed their union with a warm embrace.   Now let’s hope these two will put the silly bickering aside so they can hopefully go the distance.

Watch Jim Jones propose to Chrissy Lampkin on Love and Hip Hop below: What did you think of the proposal?

0 thoughts on “Love & Hip Hop: Chrissy Lampkin Nearly Ruins Jim Jones' Proposal

1. luscious says:

ChrissY is mad with Yandy bc she making money & she not ChrissY is a ghetto as chick Stop hating on the gurls bc they on there grind & u up Jim Jones ass gettin what he give u! Fall bck ChrissY u Wack

2. Yezzur says:

kimbella’s a dumb bitch. you don’t want a cheating husband or whatever, but you fucking with juelz santana who probably get mad bitches. lol. he’ll be cheating on your ass too, just wait. probably fucking another bitch right now.

3. DramaQueen says:

Chrissy, all the best to you and Jim. Keep checking folks who get out of line. Especially Yandy, twice that girl brought trouble to the group, and then acts shocked when the beat down starts.

It would be very boring without Chrissy on the show,she keeps it real. You’ll always know where she stands, by you side or on you neck either way you have a choice be real and she’s real, be fake and get the your ass kicked.

4. Renee says:

I LOVE ME some CHRISTY, don’t care for the fighting (to much class 4 that). Good luck to Christy and Jim.

5. Houstons Naughtyess says:

Chrissy seems to be a beautiful, down to earth chick with morals and values, and I love love her sense of style, she dresses so classy. Even though it is not necessary, I love that she can throw down and hold her corner (even though she had no business punching Kimbella, it wasn’t her fight) but I can see the frustration when someone of her high esteem have to run into these type of low class h 0 0 chie b! tches.

Jimmy definitley seems to love Chrissy and I love how he professes it on National TV, wish all men can show their emotions like that , so good luck to both of them, they make a beautiful couple and will make beautiful babies. 😉

6. jerri malone says:

MANY BLESSING AND MANY BLESSED YEARS TO COME TO JIM AND CHRISSY

7. Nicole Denning says:

First and formost congratulations! Chrissy I admire you for the women you are. Jim I love you as well, I had a big crush on you but now I see you are officially off the market! LOL
    Good for you>

8. butterfly says:

I thought Jim would have gotten down on one knee and ask her to marry him if Chrissy wouldnt have gotten all crazy on him. I am hoping that now that she got what she wanted that she is truly happy and they actually get married.

9. Shay says:

All I’m saying is Chrissy wear more crosses around her neck and give so much he’ll how fake can u get Yandy is the only one stand her grounds everybody else is tag alongs

10. Shay says:

Pooooow nothing else said u said a mouth full

11. andrea foxx says:

i am so happy for chrissy and jim on their engagement wish them the best.

12. andrea foxx says:

wish chrissy and jim the best on their enagement .

13. Bohwe says:

Since Chrissy and Jim are getting so much internet buzz for their engagement, and Chrissy’s antics, how long will it take before Kim Kardashian or some member of her family try to somehow become connected to Jim Jones or Chrissy, in some form or another? Just kidding.

Much love to Chrissy and Jim Jones. Even though , I too would have loved to have been his girl. Jim Jones is roughneck sexy. And so affectionate towards Chrissy. When he was laying in bed, I was so jealous of Chrissy. Ain’t nothing like a manly man. Hide ya man Chrissy, cuz I would be willing to take that beatdown. lol.

14. Sarah in Az says:

I’m happy for them, but it looked like they had alot of issues, prior to the engagement, like communication issues. She didn’t like it that he called their business partnership by default. They need to work on and fix thier issues befor getting married because they just don’t go away after you say I do and she needs to relax a little and not stress or freak out about every little thing he says or others say. Especially if she says she is a Christian, her actions show she truly is not. She needs to quite trying to fight everybody for what they say she needs to grow up. But I am truly happy for them I hope they get married happily and stay married. And I would of loved to see him Humble himself and get down on one knee, would of been nice to see that. Congrats!

15. DARLENE FLOYD says:

CRISSY YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL ,YOU ARE WHAT JIMMY NEEDS ,YOU AND JIMMY FOREVER THAT IS YOUR MAN,KEEP THE PEACE WITH HIS MAMA AND ALL WILL BE WELL,JIMMY SHE IS ALL WOMAN I HOPE YOU SEE WHAT YOU GOT SHE IS IT SHE STANDS BY YOU NO MATTER WHAT, KEEP HER FOREVER AND YOU WILL NEVER BE LONELY CRISSY GET YOUR MANS BABY GROWING IN YOU NOW ,WE WANT TO SEE IT NO FAKE SH-T LIKE BEYOUNCE GOT BUT PLEASE GET PREGNANT NOW I WANT TO KEEP WATCHING YOUR FAMILY GROW I LOVE TO SEE JUST YOUR FAMILY SHOW LEAVE THE OTHERS BEHIND. YOU AND JIMMY AND YOUR BABY NEED YOUR OWN SHOW JIMMY AND CRISSYS HIP HOP LOVE STORY

16. DARLENE FLOYD says:

JIMMY DID NOT NEED TO GET ON ONE KNEE JIMMY TOOK CHARGE HE WAS A MAN HE DID IT HIS WAY THAT IS MANLY, I LOVED HOW CRISSY WAS SITTING DOWN AND JIMMY WAS STANDING UP IT WAS A TRUE MOMENT A REAL PROPOSAL CRISSY THAT PROPOSAL WAS WORTH WAITING FOR IT LOOKED SO RIGHT,JIMMY YOU ARE A REAL MAN YOU ARE CRISSYS MAN WE LOVE THAT ,JIMMY IS A LEADER NOT AN IMMATATER HE FOLLOWED HIS HEART TO CRISSY AND PROPOSED HIS WAY THATS A REAL MAN , FELLOWS OUT THERE TAKE NOTE THIS WILL LAST FOR ALL TIME AND BEYOND

17. Angel says:

You are so surreal, I am tired of Yandy playing like she did not know she was starting sh_t.
    I would like them all to check her with her messy ways.

18. Angel says:

Mouth full of sh_t .
    Be honest you both want her man and can’t have him. Don’t hate relate.
    Yandy sounds like a money Who_e who would do anything strange for a small piece of change.
    Hollering that brother stuff, she would have Jim if he ask her to be Monica Wolinsky.

19. Maria says:

Chrissy you are beautiful, but you lack class, wisdom and restraint. You fight with every female that you Dan,t control. You are disrespectful and you think you can win by intimidating people. Get an education and stop screwing for a living. Get a legitimate job and stop hating on people, because your past resembles everyone you are hating on. You are limited.

20. jel says:

Jim I have loved you from day one you remind of an ex-lover. I love you too Chrissy you are a strong woman. I was so thrill about your enagement -it is a real Love story. Congrats you two. Chrissy,
    Jim is real man. Be blessed & much happiness. Ingore te foolish floating in the air by the haters.

21. Brenda says:

Chrissy??????????? From a womans point of view, when you have what it takes, when know without a shadow of a doubt the woman you are, there is NO NEED to stoop so low for any reason. Chrissy you stoop low at times you should be standing TALL. Going off and acting ghetto ridiculous does not make you look good but BAD! I have yet to see a black woman on a so called REALITY SHOW step up her game up and show the true essence, beauty, restaint, submission and overall INTEGRITY that every black woman is capable of! You made yourself look desparate in the first attempt to “get the ring” and now that you have it, what does it really mean? Do you feel you’ve laid it all on the line and now this is all it took? I hope it ends up worth it to you in the long run cause BUT no black woman should have to look so desparate to get a man to marry her.
    ” I’m just saying”

22. DARLENE FLOYD says:

I SWEAR I CANT STOP WATCHING THIS PROPOSAL I WATCH IT OVER AND OVER AND OVER THE LOOK ON CRISSYS FACE IS PRICELESS ITS TIMELESS ITS REAL EMOTION JIMMY YOU DID REAL GOOD YOUR PROPOSAL IS THE BEST IVE EVER HEARD OF OR SEEN CRISSY THAT IS YOUR PROPOSAL FROM HIS HEART GIRL THAT IS REAL YOU BETTER BE PROUD GETTING ON ONE KNEE IS COPY CAT ITS TOO PHONY ITS NOT REAL LIKE JIMMYS IS ID TAKE CRISSYS PROPOSAL OVER ANYONES ANYDAY JIMMY YOU SET THE BAR TOO HIGH FOR ANYONE TO REACH …

23. Njeanous says:

Chrissy is the stick! She is the most straight up girl on the show (I also cried when Jim proposed) They are the only couple that is into each other. Yandy is so jealous of Chrissy that’s why she keeps attacking Chrissy’s role in Jim’s life, cause she would love to have that role. 1) when running from the police with Kimbella she says “this is like being with JIM, 2) she insults Chrissy by saying she has to be on her back to make money with Jim. YANDY is so out of pocket. I know she got something coming hollar!!!!

24. Njeanous says:

Yandy is that you, crying cause you work for Jim and not with him?

25. Joanne says:

I never liked Chrissy she is a very unhappy person, she is always in the middle of drama. When he attacked Kimbella it really showed how she has no class. She tend to pick on everyone she is jealous of like Yandy. Yandy is the most honest person on the show. Since when do you have to make man propose to you.

26. Joanne says:

So True!

27. Mona says:

Stop ranting. Please it is a show and obviously you watch all of them or you would not no what goes on in these shows.

28. sweetp says:

You are so right Chrissy need to grow up and stop thinking she can whip everybody. Chrissy is a person who think she can just say anything to you and you not reply and if u do reply she want to fight. THats probably why Jim and her haven’t got marry yet because of her attitude. They need to bring someone on the show to adjust Chrissy atitude and I am talking about someone just as bad as Chrissy think she is. If Chrissy grown up and be a woman she would have it going on.

29. lady v says:

I enjoyed the show in the beginning, but now it is getting so tiresome with all this crazy fighting! Chrissy grow up!! You got the ring and the man! You are one of those chicks who will never be happy! You talk about Mama Jones but you act just like her! I can’t even watch any more episodes of this, it’s getting like a jerry springer show now.I don’t understand why Chrissy has to fight ands bully everyone, but let someone be disrespectful to her and she wants to go ham.The problem is her friends are scared of her and big up to mama jones because she is the only one who keeps it real with her and checks her. Enough already!!!Really Chrissy, are you just going through a midlife crisis or what. I really thought she had more class than that, but like NeNe Leakes i guess fame is getting the best of her or her true ghetto colors are showing. Jim is the thug, can he strap his on or does Chrissy got them? Chrissy take this advice, GET ANGER MANAGEMENT OR GET JESUS!!!!!!!

30. sweetness says:

regarding tonight’s episode.01-09-11 chrissy and yandy fighting, Chrissy has definitely got rage issues and just like mama jones is too old for them booty shorts she be wearing, chrissy is too old to be acting like an 18 yo hood rat at an after hour house party. you lost mad cool points chrissy. u got the nerve to tell jim to quit hollerin at you but you can holler at everybody else. you are either bipolar or really think you got the WWF title. Jim quit getting into broads mess. ( chrissy and yandy) you got a very messy chick and it’s time you checked her. she’s running your pockets not yandy.she obviously has no respect for you or your mother. jim know that though she’s your chick, there are 2 sides to every story. not just chrissy’s side. in all the BS, your girl is the common denominator.

31. aliya says:

i felt sorry for chrissy wen jimmy took so long to finally proposeto her, but now i can see why. her attitude stinks she cant be so hot tempered acting like the queen bee bullying every female. she needs to check herself. apart from that she is nice in terms of holding down a household. she jus needs to be trained an act more mature for a full woman in her 40s.

32. kyressa says:

she does need to grow up and stop fight her ring i so f*cking nice!!!!!!!!!!!You are 41 stop fighting this 20 year olds and just let them be and pay attiton to ur man

33. carmen says:

LET’S BE REAL, CHRISSY WOULD NOT BE BEGGING JIM TO MARRY HER IF SHE HAD HER OWN MONEY. JIM SLEEPS AROUND JUST LIKE ALL THE OTHER RAPPERS, THAT’S WHY HE NOT READY TO MARRY. CHRISSY IS JEALOUS OF YANDY AND REALLY WANTS A CAREER. SHE IS A TYPICAL GHETTO GIRL, NO JOB, OR FUTURE. ALL OF THE FIGHTING CHRISSY IS DOING PROVES SHE IS NOT REALLY HAPPY. JIM PROPOSED BECAUSE OF THE PRESSURE , BEING ON TELEVISION, AND JUST RATINGS. I REALLY DON’T BELIEVE THE WEDDING WILL HAPPEN. CHRISSY DOES NOT BELIEVE HE WILL MARRY HER EITHER, BECAUSE SHE SAID IT. CHRISSY IS SO DESPERATE SHE WILL SETTLE FOR ANYTHING. THE RING IS ON A PAYMENT PLAN LIKE YANDY SAID. JIM IS GHETTO AND TOO OLD TO BE A GANSTA RAPPER. THIS DUMB STUFF IS WHAT GOT TUPAC AND BIGGIE KILLED. CHRISSY 42, SHE REALLY NEEDS TO DO MORE WITH HER LIFE, SHE OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE GROWN CHILDREN. SHE DID NOT WANT TO BE 50 AND NEVER EVEN ENGAGED. ONLY THE GHETTO STUPID NOTHING GOING FOR THEMSELVES ADMIRE CHRISSY, AND REAL WOMEN RESPECT YANDY FOR HAVING HER OWN. YANDY IS EDUCATED AND INDEPENDENT, COMPLETE OPPOSITE OF 42 YEAR OLD DESPERATE HOOD RAT, GHETTO BROAD CHRISSY.

34. ccl says:

she never said she didnt watch the show…she just made reference to the fact that women on reality shows r looking desperate and crazy……one fight ok. 2, 3 and ur in ur 40’s ur just full of drama. just because its a show does not mean u need to act a fool and at the end of the day, the money is not that serious when its ur rep on the line. throwing fist and having a foul mouth does not make u a women it doesnt mean ur real, it just says, ur just like every other ignorant person. i watch only because i am amazed at what lengths ppl will go to make a dollar.

35. Mz. Bright says:

I have mixed feeling about everyone on the show Jim needs to man up and tell all the women in his life whats right bc he lets all of them run him He need to know how to seperate money from family. Its show his mother is just falling suit for the show. Chrissy I love who u r as a soon to be wife but as a women or should I say I woman in her 40s your actions is not cute by far you are suppose to be helping Emily get thru her times or show her how you dealt with things. Plain and simple Chrissy you are to old and a word of advice Jim should be telling you not everybody wins in every situtation If he was a real man he would tell you to sit down before somebody hurt you and then that will make him have to clown real talk and Emily is beautiful but you r ugly because you r weak not only as a person but a women remember you are raising a daughter.. Olivia very pretty but in todays world looks only get you so far face the fact that everyone has flaws and you have one which is not wanting to except your flaw that everyone around you see that you can sing but but but.. not need to say bc deep down you know what the problem is you was sign to some big record companies and Im sure they have told you. Kimbella stop apologizing for your action on finally in life standing up for yourself but with that courage go get some education honey but your communication skills is way off again looks only go so far.Erica also pretty but whatever it is you are smoking in the bathroom please put it down and worry about how you make your money and not nobody else. Yanny love your personality but just as jim should seperate his money from family you should to bc what you and chrissy r into it for has nothing to do with him its about a book so when u to argue both should keep jim person business out of it. Chrissy you need a hobbie and an ass whooping to prove that you shouldnt care what people say on what Jim says.. Santana and Mama Jones Its good to see you guys r laying low..

36. Brenda says:

Actually, I don’t watch it but I do log in to atlantablackstar.com and get the drop on celebrity entertainment news. And besides I work 12 hr nights and don’t have the time to sit in front of a television and watch black women make a fool of themselves!

37. Brenda says:

Thank You!

38. Jenna Brooks says:

Oh Goodness where to begin? I looove Chrissy. I think she is classy and intelligent, and willing to stand by her man 100%. She does need to control her temper better, though. As for Yandy, that ho is just mad that she’s not Jims girl, she could never be. Also she had no business sending an email to Jim about him buying Chrissy purses and shoes. Does that have anything to do with her? No.

39. be_honest says:

actually a women who sets up men and messes with guys all up in the industry and goes as far as being arrested for drug trafficking and won’t have shit if the man she’s with cant pay for it sound like a money hungry whore….not a women who is a college alumni and built her way to the top through an internship. You wanna say Yandy is unprofessional fine. You wanna say she’s in love with Jim fine, but don’t sit here and make it look like Chrissy’s job as a woman who sits on her ass and does nothing is soo hard. Whats so real about her? She’s big an intimidates people and is always fighting. I’m 21 and I don’t act that way. If I have an issue with another woman I don’t call it in the middle of the club so that I can get attention. I meet up with her in privacy. My mother is 42 and I can never imagine her acting that way its a little sick. Chrissy is beautiful, but her actions aren’t justified. Then the “ride or die” quote. really? how many women do you know are willing to sit home for seven years and be pampered by some rappers money?? Theres more women out there who would do that then there are women who are actually willing to go to college. Their relationship is sweet and he cares about her, but she isn’t doing nothing hard ok. I understand you are #teamchrissy or whatever, but Yandy is well respected in the industry and has accomplished a lot and has a lot on her own. Don’t knock her for that.