Even though much of his reputation has been shredded, R. Kelly is still in damage control.
Because ever since the Lifetime documentary “Surviving R. Kelly” aired last week, even more people have blasted the R&B singer after horrific stories of sexual, physical, mental and emotional abuse were told.
At first, there was a report that said Kelly was going to sue the makers of the documentary but now according to TMZ, the singer’s team will launch a new website called survinglies.com that will try to out his accusers as liars.
There’s no word on when the site will go live, but a Facebook page has already been created. and it named one of Kelly’s alleged “sex slaves” Asante McGee. There was a link to a leaked phone call on the page, and Kelly claims that Asante’s daughter contradicted her mother’s account of sexual abuse.
The Facebook page also claimed that Asante is working with the father of Joycelyn Savage, who’s one of the women still with Kelly.
But after the Facebook page was up for a short while, it was taken down Monday following media inquiries to the social media giant, which cited posted text messages purportedly between Kelly and his accusers as a violation of the site’s policy.
“We do not tolerate bullying or sharing other’s private contact information and take action on content that violates our policies as soon as we’re aware,” said a representative for the social site.
Kelly has denied all of the allegations from the beginning.