American Airlines Employee Jailed After Launching Profanity-Laden Tirade Against TSA Agents

Jordan Moore Sentenced

Authorities said Jordan Moore tried to force his way through airport security despite not having the proper authorization. (Image courtesy of Facebook)

A former American Airlines employee will spend the next 14 months in jail after unleashing a slur-filled diatribe against TSA agents who refused to let him through security in March of last year.

Jordan Lee Moore, 31, attempted to force his way through security at a TSA pre-check lane at Charlotte Douglas International Airport twice without proper authorization, according to the Charlotte Observer. When he was turned away by agents, federal documents say Moore responded with threats and racial slurs aimed at police at airport security.

He reportedly called one of the TSA supervisors a “b—h ass n—-a,” and threatened to “kick his ass” if he wasn’t allowed through. What’s worse, Moore threatened the supervisor’s life before he was told he would no longer be able to fly, and was asked to leave the airport.

On Friday, a judge sentenced the former airline employee to 14 months in prison with two years of supervised released for interfering with security screening procedure at Charlotte Douglas. Moore has been in federal custody since his March 2017 arrest, and his time will be counted toward his sentence, according to the newspaper.

Like most travelers, Moore was looking to get through airport security as quickly as possible, however, his boarding pass lacked the proper authorization to use the faster route provided by the TSA pre-check lane. Moore first arrived at the “express” security check around 5:30 p.m March 10 where he was turned away by airport security. That’s when he threatened to kill the TSA supervisor, according to the indictment.

After being blocked at the first checkpoint, officials said Moore then tried to breach two other checkpoints, prompting Charlotte Douglas police to escort him out of the airport, according to the newspaper. That wasn’t the last they saw of him, however.

Moore returned two hours later and tried once more to barge through a TSA checkpoint. This time, he flashed his boarding pass and proceeded to walk to the baggage screening area before placing his luggage on the conveyor belt. TSA agents reiterated that he would not be able to fly that day, but to no avail.

“I’m not going to do a f—–g thing,” Moore responded, according to the indictment. “I am going in. Just watch me. You can’t stop me. I’m an airline employee.”

According to court records, five CMPD officers stepped in to restrain Moore and take him into custody, where he continued to struggle and curse at police. ‘

In November, he pleaded guilty to one count of interfering with security personnel but penned a letter hoping to retract his plea just last week. Moore told U.S. District Judge Robert Conrad he had accepted responsibility “…for what I actually did,” saying he just “wanted to go home” to see his family and apply for pharmacy school.

Back to top