Matthew Heimbach. Photo by Courier-Journal

Matthew Heimbach. Photo by Courier-Journal

During a Super Tuesday rally for Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump in Kentucky, a Black protester was violently forced out by a confirmed white supremacist and others who admitted to committing the violent act. They won’t face charges, but the Black protester could.

Matthew Heimbach, head of a white nationalist group called the Traditionalist Youth Network, admitted his involvement in the recorded incident where a Black woman was repeatedly pushed and shoved as Trump supporters screamed racial slurs, according to her reports of the event.

“I was called a n—– and a c–t and got kicked out,” said Shiya Nwanguma, a respected student at the University of Louisville to a local news reporter in a video posted on Facebook. “They were pushing and shoving at me, cursing at me, yelling at me, called me every name in the book. They were disgusting and dangerous.”

Protester Henry Brousseau filed a police report after the incident, alleging that he was punched in the stomach by a woman in Heimbach’s group for shouting “Black Lives Matter,” reported the Courier-Journal.

Brousseau may face charges, but the white nationalists who were recorded attacking protesters may not because of  law H.R. 347  that “prohibits the obstruction of government business and official functions and the impedance of entry or exit at any ‘restricted buildings or grounds,’ which are defined as anywhere the president or others under Secret Service protection are temporarily visiting,” according to Raw Story.

“I’ll avoid any additional Trump events to ensure that I don’t become a distraction, but the entire point of the BLM’s tactics is to push people until they push back,” Heimbach said to the Courier-Journal. “It won’t be me next time, but white Americans are getting fed up and they’re learning that they must either push back or be pushed down.”

Others in the video have been identified as well. The older man in white seen pushing the young woman repeatedly is Al Bamberger, a veteran, and Joseph Pryor, who was discharged from the U.S Marine Corps in wake of the incident.12823262_1002413556464229_8139354078430398436_o

tumblr_o3ik1z3RIJ1uxvrrjo2_540

Trump’s rallies have been a de facto safe haven for white supremacy and racism. The GOP front-runner has denied knowledge of these various groups infiltrating his campaign but has yet to disavow people like white supremacist David Duke.

In recent months, white nationalist groups have used robot-calls in support of Trump, his son recently appeared on a white nationalist radio station, and Trump claims he had no prior knowledge of or has to do more “research” about the white supremacist groups.

His rallies are places where white rage has been channeled into anti-Muslim, xenophobia and anti-BLM movement sentiments. Many GOP leaders —  like Mitt Romney and House Speaker Paul Ryan — have denounced his brand of conservatism.

16 thoughts on “Trump Supporters Who Shoved Black Woman Won’t Face Charges, But BLM Protesters Will

1. Monique Hill says:

of course their protected!!! hahahahaha

2. Sean Cross says:

works at future Marine Corps it says, white supremists don't deserve to be Marines.

3. “prohibits the obstruction of government business and official functions and the impedance of entry or exit at any ‘restricted buildings or grounds,’

Yeah? And? They weren't doing any of that. Their only "crime" was being black at a Trump rally and not fully supporting Trump. They weren't obstructing or impeding anything and unless "restricted" means no blacks allowed they're werent doing that either.

4. There nothing that prevents her from seeking a civil lawsuit against all who assaulted her. Just because the local police don't want to charge them means nothing. She's probably being contacted by attorney daily about this.

5. This guy Al Bamberger is a coward. He's a member of the VFW which means he served in the military. I spent 30 years in the military and to this day I've never laid hands on a woman of any color. How can he remain a member of the VFW exhibiting that kind of behavior. I'm writing to the national organization and hopefully they'll agree this guy is not representative of our organization.

6. Ron Price says:

I am in no way a Trump supporter, in fact I despise the man, but he has disavowed David Duke, although half-heartedly.

7. Hey– I'm the person from the article. The law you mention only pertains to "official government business." This doesn't aply to campaign events.

8. Kevin Goad says:

Secret Servce its the supervising agency

9. It's amazing how the US Marine Recruiting Division can basically pubically say these people were wrong, but the state can't.

10. Respect what? Have you ever been to a campaign rally?

11. Joe Mansell says:

I should go to one of these. I'll have a sign saying if you touch me by law I have the right to protect myself. I'm a trained boxer and I will fuck you up.

12. Kevin Goad says:

Act like a fool get treated like one. People need to learn how to repectul. Not try to shout people down and push people around and when they hit back you cry foul.

13. Additionally, Trump pays for his rallies from his own personal funds, which I would think makes them non-government events.

14. Where are the photos of the BLM members calling us names and striking attendees with signs? I was there, I saw it.

15. What's interesting is the new juxtaposition of perceived roles. Historically, this pocket of America (certainly not representative of the whole) has referring to African Americans as thugs. But here we have a twist: a young, African American college student being shoved around and verbally abused by this "torch and pitchfork" crowd of thugs. We also know that racism is rooted in pure ignorance – so I suspect this crowd is poorly educated and likely milking the public assistance programs. I won't even get into the rapidly rising numbers of African American women on college campuses and the pace of rising income levels for these same women. So, no wonder. This is all about fear of loss of power. Fear + ignorance….and this young lady attending the rally demonstrated exactly what they fear most. Hence, the impulsive and violent reactions.

16. Too bad that apparently white supremacists, in a white-majority country still exist.