Sue Ogrocki/AP

Sue Ogrocki/AP

An all white jury has been selected in the trial against a former Oklahoma City police officer accused of sexual assaulting 13 Black women.

Daniel Holtzclaw, 28, was a Oklahoma City police officer who allegedly sexually assaulted 13 women between December 2013 and June 2014 while on duty. All of the victims were Black women. Holtzclaw faces 36 counts of rape, sexual battery and other charges that carry a possible sentence of life in prison.

Holtzclaw, 28, was arrested in August 2014 after an investigation uncovered similarities to unsolved assault reports. Detectives were able to identify six more women who said they’d been assaulted, raped, or forced to expose themselves to Holtzclaw.

A recent report by the Associated Press has found at least 1,000 officers from 2009-2014, had been decertified for sexual assault and acts of sexual misconduct.

Holtzclaw faces 36 charges. He has pleaded not guilty.

Eight white men and four white women will serve on the jury for Daniel Holtzclaw. One male and one female have been selected as alternates. Prosecutors said they plan to call about 80 witnesses during the trial, which is expected to last for most of November.

Witness testimony began late Tuesday afternoon. Many on social media commented on the lack of media coverage of the case:

Others, criticized the lack of diversity and representation in the jury selection:

30 thoughts on “Jury Selected For Cop Who Allegedly Raped 13 Black Women; Twitter Questions Lack of Media Coverage

1. We'll see if black women will get justice from a all white jury. The Cynic in me say they will acquit this animal I truly hope I'm wrong.

2. then that's when black men should step in…n fact it should have never been a trial.

3. First I suppose this will be a true test of our judicial system. I do not strongly support that system because everything has turned to lies. Courts, cops, and everyone else that you would expect good, right and justice from. I hope the prick gets slapped with every charge and goes away for a long time. Seems that more and more law enforcement officers need to go back to school. "law enforcement" has a meaning that seems to be going the way of the wind. Rape is rape! Doing the crime used to get doing the time! Don't dissappoint jury…nail him!

I am offended by the post from Imran Ansari using this space to promote Work at Home. It should be deleted. This is not the place for that.

4. to the streets lmao

5. Aasim Mosi says:

Ah cmon!!! you know woc love them some white men. He just thought it was all good

6. how do one get any info on this ?

7. Eai Taylor says:

Sadly, our impotent rage and indignation will change nothing. To see the truth, hear the truth and know the truth and then deny it is how it has always been. Meanwhile did anybody watch "Empire" this week? Let em' keep distracting you until that day we look up and ask ourselves how the hell did we get here. I fear that day has already come.

8. I hope you are too Rodney. I hope you are too.

9. Aasim Mosi , a lot less than moc love them some white women…get a life

10. Suzanne Kathleen Campbell lol…ooops

11. Aasim Mosi u gonna get in trouble

12. Patrick Irvine yup…more like the alley in a broke down garage

13. Derrick Gaye says:

Bobbi Clark these ppl don't know right! they take the jobs as cops to get away with things like rape and murder,,they hide behind the law,,the are devils!

14. So where are the "din do nuffin" supporters here to support him??

15. I don't think race will be an issue & I pray sexism isn't..

16. Bobbi Clark says:

As a white woman, I hope your wrong too..I hope these folks think about what if it was their own daughter, sister, mother and I hope the WHITE women on the jury..ask what if it were ME??

I also pray that his cop friends don't cover for him–I pray they have the strength and integrity to stand against the 'blue line' and I pray the evidence will be presented that it will get this man off the streets.

17. Bobbi Clark says:

Do they even know what "right and just" mean??

but I am thankful to see the Supreme Court is hearing a case on the racial make-up's of jury's.

18. Bobbi Clark says:

Here is another article on how they caught the guy..given they have a GPS locator on his car and it lines up with what one of the victims said..I hope the jury is not biased..and they can convict..

19. Imani Uhuru says:

Bobbi Clark …..that trait..of strength and integrity..day by day..as we can see..in our observance..of those charged with..protecting and serving..the whole of our community..has fast become..a rarity…..

20. Vigilantism is a dark ages concept. Every man should justly be afforded a trial and a defense for the accusation of his crimes. Black folks advocating lynch mobs. Smdh.

21. Imani Uhuru says:

Suzanne Kathleen Campbell …..Aasim=As(ass)i-am…..

22. Imani Uhuru says:

Jonathan Bowie …..by a jury..of his "peers"..no(beyond a reasonable)doubt…..

23. His punk @$$ will prob serve 4 to 5 years and then will get out. Hes part of a Klan

24. Morel Hughey says:

This cop thought that black women were enough of his peers that he raped them.

So at least one black women should be able to pronounce judgement over this dirty cop.

This jury is rigged, ya'll

25. Bobbi Clark..AMEN! He's what one would call a real menace to society….

26. Jonathan Bowie what the fuck ever…………..the hell you think the police is on yo black ass…….this justic dept wasnt set up for you……have a seat!!!!!

27. White men have always liked black women, but when you say no they can't handle it…… It's been happening since the beginning of time.

28. Patrick Irvine Not to march and burn this time….kick ass and take names!! Over 1k dirty cowards decertified for sexual asualt..how many for murder?

29. One does wonder where is the media coverage?