13-Year-Old CEO Successfully Runs 5-Employee, $200,000 in Sales Business

Moziah "Mo" Bridges, CEO of Mo's BowsHe is only 13, but he has accomplished more in his short years than most have by 30. His bow ties have produced $200,000 in sales, and he has five employees on payroll which include his mother and grandmother. Not to mention, he has been celebrated by Oprah’s O Magazine, Steve Harvey and mentor/FUBU founder Daymond John.

His name is Moziah Bridges and he is the CEO of Mo’s Bows. The teenage fashion designer started his company in 2011 at the tender age of nine when he asked his grandmother to teach him how to sew. He took her scraps of fabric and began making unique bow ties. Not long after, Mo’s Bows began selling to local stores and online.

On his website Bridges explains his passion for making bow ties saying, “I like to wear bow ties because they make me look good and feel good. Designing a colorful bow tie is just part of my vision to make the world a fun and happier place.”

And as his vision is becoming actualized, the Memphis native went a step further into philanthropy.

“I made this bow tie called the Go Mo! Scholarship Bow Tie and 100 percent of the proceeds go to help kids go to summer camp because I feel like it’s good to help the community and that’s what I’m doing,” Bridges said.

Bridges appeared on Shark Tank in 2014 to pitch Mo’s Bows to potential investors. He had to choose between accepting $50,000 for his innovative idea while sharing royalties with Kevin O’Leary, or have John as a mentor. The young businessman chose John’s influence over money, and so far the decision has proven to be a wise one.

With John, he attended Mercedes Benz Fashion Week in New York and impressed big names in fashion with his sophisticated demeanor and dapper style. What more could they expect from a kid carrying a briefcase? Bridges’s experience at Fashion Week garnered a phone call from Karen Katz CEO of Neiman Marcus. Mo’s Bows are now sold online at Neiman Marcus and Cole Hahn. His neckwear retails at around $50 and are available in 15 states, Toronto and the Bahamas.

The fashionist-sir is very hands-on with the creation of Mo’s Bows. He chooses the design of each tie and his style is a myriad of polka-dots, bold stripes, funky paisleys, and sports themed ties. His sports ties opened a seat for Bridges at 2015 NBA Draft where he served as a fashion analyst for the draftees.

Moziah Bridges’ success is certainly engineered by his mother’s support. “You don’t have to wait until you’re older,” his mother Tramica Morris said. “If you have a dream and you have a passion, we say go for it.”

When is he older, his future with Mo’s Bows will be expansive. “I see Mo’s Bows adding neck ties, pocket squares and other accessories for men,” he wrote to FORBES. “I also want to get enough money to start a cool kids clothing company that has nice blazers and pants for kids who like to look good like me.”

On the website, Mo’s Bows now sells squares and t-shirts.

Today he is still managing school and making bow ties, but Bridges has plans to attend college and launch a full fashion line by 20.

41 thoughts on “13-Year-Old CEO Successfully Runs 5-Employee, $200,000 in Sales Business

1. Go Memphis youth!

2. This is my daughters classmate.

3. Jim Davies says:

He and several others are fantastic kid entrepreneurs. Ryan Kelly of Ry's Ruffery for dog treats is another ass is Henry of Henry's Humdingers for spicy honey. So proud of all of them.

4. Aaron Burton says:

was that 200k gross? either way thats baller.

5. It's a new age RISE OF A NEW SUPER RICH

SELF MADE
    I been saying this for a year now. Ppl will slowly start to see

6. Why don't they take 3 minutes to report this kind of great stuff on the news to inspire children and even grown ups and get rid of one negative piece of drama that angers everyone to complain and argue! Good going Moziah!

7. they do I can't remember the show but I know it comes on Saturday morning

8. I started my business from scratch back in 2008 in 2010 it was only worth 3k now its worth aout 30k but he as motivated me to drive harder i need to reach 200k like him

9. Damn, 3k to 30k in 5 years is pretty bad. At least you are honest though.

10. IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO CAN HELP SPONSORING MY FOOTBALL CAREER ?

11. It said 200k in sales, so I would assume gross. Consider this though, his expenses would include salaries. I can't imagine that he hasn't cleared 100k between himself and his 2 family members on payroll.

12. What do you mean he "accomplished more in his short years than most have by 30". He only 13. I get tired of people trying to dictate what success is. I could've had 20 accomplishments in one day and succeeded my goal.

13. Grace Eliz says:

My GOD the hate is REAL! Jealous much? The article didn't say " Accomplished more in his short years than ALL have by 30" Hell, can u say u know one person who has accomplished THIS TYPE OF SUCCESS AT SUCH A YOUNG AGE??? Dude… Please have several damn seats !!!!

14. Grace Eliz There isn't anyone hating on this guy or jealous.The response was to the person who wrote the article. Like most sheep minded people the point flew over your head. That is something he accomplished. Thats his goal that he succeeded. A picture of succes gets painted and everybody to suppose to live up to that. Wrong. You might as well tell everybody how they suppose to be living. There is no reason to knock anyone else because someone did something that acceptable to you.

15. Apani Smith says:

Forrest Allen Yates actually most businesses fail within the first 5 years so for hime to have steady gains for the past 5 years is impressive and savvy.

16. Jared Gills says:

Wendell Beckett, you're a hater, no matter who you're talking about or to. You trying to make yourself look better by saying "I could've had this". Get your story straight bro. Straight hater. Moziah, do ya thing young brother

17. Congratulations!
    Moziah!

18. Wow God bless u keep up the good work

19. Aushon Hale says:

Anna Ramsey, as a nation why don't we take that responsibility and report this great story instead of vine videos? #Challenge

20. I'm just as excited to see a family supporting their child's interests even when they differ from the gender expectations. This family supported who their child is, and now they reap the rewards of a job well done. THAT is a team. What phenomenal values they have. The whole family has so much to be proud of! THIS is what family values and equality looks like. 🙂 yes! <3

21. I saw this kid on Shark Tank. He got money from the Sharks.

22. Chuks Kennis says:

Do you want to achieve financial independence. Join this network marketing business that is real and reliable.Dont say you are not told. Ping me at 2BB580F4 or whatsapp me at 08038535111

23. No he didn't he got a mentor in Damon John.

24. Awesome! So prouf of this young man and his family. Continued success to all of you.

25. My uncle ed started his company in 1995 and is 50 years old and inew the last 10 years we went from 50 million to 150 million guy is crazy smart

26. Tom Thumb says:

Why hasn't this kid been invited to the White House

27. Sure just give it another 20 years and he'll hit his goal….Awesome business model…

28. Forrest Allen Yates so what have u done

29. Joe Bogdan says:

Apani Smith It's not most business that fail within the first 5 years, it's most restraunts that fail in the first 5 years.

Businesses that aren't restraunts don't have the over-head that restraunts do and are able to last much longer.

30. This is just the beginning congrats the world is yours

31. This is just the beginning congrats the world is yours

32. Keep dreaming big! More people young and old will be inspired by you! xoxo

33. Good feelings don't move money. Pure and simple. TV news is all about ratings and advertising revenue.

34. Samuel Robinson They should replace at least one of the stupid reality shows with stuff like this. They can make it fun for kids to watch! I think it would be a hit and domino into other such shows.

35. Michael Baconhearst Ramsey Maybe Moziah should be reached to start one as a new goal for him!

36. You should tell your daugheter to tell Moziah to start a new goal of producing a new reality show for children of stuff like this. He can make it fun for them, inspiring, and positive. It could trinkle into other such good inspiring reality shows.

37. Rock on, Mo. You're doing it right. Thanks for giving back to your community as well. You certainly get it, kid.