8 Times Charles Barkley Said Something Ludicrous About Black People and Race

Charles Barkley went the weekend without insulting Black people, which, at the rate he set in the last month, was an accomplishment. It’s also ironic that the former NBA star has been on so many media outlets firing off his right wing nonsense because he said last week: “I don’t like talking about race issues anymore to the media.” But he talked … and talked … and … in the process, has a portfolio of comments that offend many Black people.

20090309-002333-pic-802928734_c0-330-2000-1495_s561x327A Joke, But Was He Really Joking?

“I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I’d work for the Klan.”

Black People

“We all have bad characters in our groups. Black is not always right, and white is not always wrong. We as Black people, we have a lot of crooks. We can’t just wait until something like (the Michael Brown shooting) happens. We have to look at ourselves in the mirror. There is a reason that they racially profile us in the way they do. Sometimes it is wrong, and sometimes it is right.”

23 thoughts on “8 Times Charles Barkley Said Something Ludicrous About Black People and Race

1. He so programmed and brain washed. SAD
    Not ssaying he should agree with everything but damn some of his comments was harsh and insensitive towards his own people giving the oppressor a okay for their wrong doings.

2. Uncle Tom is all I have to say. He's definitely has been programmed.

3. If a black man says something you don't like, just call him a coon or a Tom. Cosby him if necessary.

4. Bwire Vincent says:

Unfortunately, Mr. Bark-less, speaks for the majority Black and Hispanics that made it in life.

I may be wrong, but I doubt it.

5. Guess what family, HE'S AN EX-BASKETBALL PLAYER. An absolute insignificant voice. All of these African scholars and emphasis is being put on an EX-BASKETBALL PLAYER. As Black people we have to learn not to give these persuasive media outlets fuel that allows for the proliferation of stereotypical views. This interviewing of Charles was a tactic by euro media who are still attempting to minimize the intellect in the African demographic by suggesting that our relevant voices are just from those with athletic prowess. Charles is a full fledge idiot, we knew this before his recent interviews, he should be focused on getting a woman that looks like one and staying his big dumb house nigga ass out of dresses.

6. Dino Gurganious says:

Stick to the issues in Sierra Leone. Your clueless on race issues in America.

7. Dino Gurganious Ok.

8. Phuk Charles Barkley, he's overrated as a human certainly as a former NBA player. I could say more but why give him more publicity Phuk Charles Barkley!

9. Sr.Charles is very ignorant ! Charles head is so big that you can smell his tiny brains !!

10. Edward Myers says:

Wondering why Dino didn't say anything about this comment?

11. Chauncey B Raglin-Washington says:

Wow. You pretty much did what Charles does everytime he opens his ignant-ass mouth. You just generalized a whole segment of society as if you're an expert on the entire Black and Hispanic culture. You can speak for the people YOU know, but I have mostly Black and Hispanic friends who have "made it," and a very small minority of them barely even come close to that type of uninformed thought process.

12. Chauncey B Raglin-Washington says:

Huge generalization. And for the record, you do sound pretty clueless.

13. Bwire Vincent says:

Chauncey B Raglin-Washington What makes you think he's, 'ignant'?

14. Chauncey B Raglin-Washington How so?

15. Rick Smith says:

Mr Charlie needs to stop opening up his big mouth allowing his brains to fall right out of his mouth and on to the floor allowing everyone in the country to see how dumb he really is!

16. Lamarr Small says:

Charles Barkley is a sellout he can't even speak proper English

17. Lamarr Small says:

He thinks he's better than people I don't no how he got on tnt

18. well , some people do crave attention especially when they were used to being in the spotlight. I guess he's still craving , too bad his cravings seems like a drowning man clutching straws. uncle Charlie , your time's up ma'an!

19. I think he is making half the shit up that he is talking about. Fighting among the Seahawks about Russell Wilson's ethinicity?? My daughter is obsessed with the Seahawks and never heard of anything like this. Even Charles's money can't help him get rid of that "Bama" mindset. And he is totally clueless when it comes to American history.

20. I think he is making half the shit up that he is talking about. Fighting among the Seahawks about Russell Wilson's ethinicity?? My daughter is obsessed with the Seahawks and never heard of anything like this. Even Charles's money can't help him get rid of that "Bama" mindset. And he is totally clueless when it comes to American history.

21. I think each black person has attitudes relating to their personal, family and friends experiences. If I experienced racism, I would be very angry. Charles appears to be generalizing about race based on a few examples. Personally I like Charles and wish he would run for office.

22. Of course you'd like for him to run for office. Simply because you don't think a person should be intelligent to run our country. Hence your support of Donald Trump

23. Carlyle Colbyco Do you work for Fox? I have never supported Trump. I want Charles for a more diverse collection of lawmakers. Why do you say Charles unintelligent?