15 thoughts on “What Actor Wendell Pierce Says About White People’s Denial Of Racism Is A Near Perfect Answer To The Problem

1. Farntella Graham says:

it was over until the powers that be brought it back out.

2. JF Williams says:

He made great points but unfortunately white supremacy is such that you will only hear messages like what Mr. Pierce said in a piecemeal fashion.

The black community needs a gigantic media machine that will echo messages of advocacy for black men and black women on a overwhelming worldwide scale.

Otherwise, all stuff like this is is some isolated intellectual high-fiving, so-to-speak. Most black folks don't even have HBO anyways.

I know I don't.

3. Kyle Ay says:

What was over? Slavery just ended with the civil rights movement. You cant really expect 400+ years of racist mentality and doctrine to be wiped away in 60 years.

4. Errol Cooper says:

Yes it is written that we will live in a land that we're not welcomed , and that every moment our lives will be at stake! Every time a black man encounters a cop , it could be his last day on earth! Why is that?

5. I notice how there's usually very little comments on posts like this one. Of the few things posted, they're usually intelligent, articulate comments by black people. Rarely do I see white racists on these kinds of threads spewing hate.

6. Etheleen Lawrence says:

Kyle Ay: Has slavery really ended??"

7. Farntella Graham says:

Kyle Ay there was a time following the assassinations and legislative war on poverty (as opposed to war on drugs inititated by reagan), when there was more equality in this country. higher education was accessibilie and reasonably priced. there was more upward mobility. I am a product of the times. culture was thriving by all americans there was more Black visibility in american life as opposed to now. after the nazis gained full control of this country, all of that stopped.

8. Etheleen Lawrence says:

When a black or black youth, can't walk and or drive in this country, without being profiled, stopped and searched and this is not done to whites….are we truly free??

9. Etheleen Lawrence says:

10. Farntella Graham says:

Etheleen Lawrence no, we are not free. do you understand the points I am making in my previous comments? do you agree/disagree or are you too young to have experienced what I have in america? we are all economic slaves in america.

11. Farntella Graham says:

12. Farntella Graham says:

yes, I think the international points mentioned in your comments are important.

13. Farntella Graham says:

yes, I think the international points mentioned in your comments are important.

14. Raymond Wood says:

Wendell was being too kind by blaming it on poor training. That cop wanted a reason to kill him and was just waiting for half of an excuse to do what his racist heart wanted to do. We are in big trouble if cops need to be trained not to kill unarmed black people for no good reason.

15. Andrani Rosalila Foster says: