19 thoughts on “10 Black Celebrities You May Not Have Known Died in the Last 12 Months

1. Diana Seats says:

Some of these ppl I did not know died but thank you for akways keeping us informed!!!

2. Bryan Abney says:

Lord bless their souls.

3. Is frankie avalon live or dead

4. I DID NOT KNOW BOBBY BLUE BLAND DIED BUT I HEARD ABOUT MAYA ANGELOU.

5. Thanks for the info
    That's important to know
    Our current events

6. Beulah Sipp says:

Didn't know Bobby BLUE Bland died, thank you for info.

7. I knew about every single person who is listed here because I heard about them on NPR radio. I get more important (and intelligent) information about Black lives and the Black Community from NPR than I get from any other media outlet. I just got tired of the Tom Joyner Morning Show and Steve Harvey in the Morning telling me about "Housewives", "Basketball wives" and otherwise "reality shows" that didn't enrich my life one iota. And NPR has NO COMMERICALS AT ALL! That means no guy yelling at me to buy a new car, take out a title loan or eat unhealthy fast food!
    Spend one month with NPR either in the morning or driving home from work and you'll see what I mean.

8. He was one of my favorite artist. Yes Bobby B is gone. Sadly, his passing was barely mention in mainstream media.

9. Bill Owens says:

<Many of our heros and sheros have passed on. While I am grateful to be here, I recognize our responsibility to inform our children, grand children and future generations of where we started, the road blocks that we have overcome and what our plan for the future should be. As my father told me, we can plan for the future or we can plan the future. I choose that we plan the future and allow others to live within our parimeters rather than us living within theirs. We must be paid for the work that we have done. It is reparations time.

10. Brian Boyd says:

Who composed this list? Who wasn't aware that Ruby Dee and Maya Angelou passed away? They were legendary.

11. Debbie Jones says:

Hmmmm…slow news day?

12. Lou Myers tho. Thats very shocking. Different world

13. THE DEAD CANNOT BE BLESSED!!

14. THIS IS A TERRIBLE SITE. IT'S JUMPY AND ALL THE PICTURES DIDN'T SHOW. I WAS GOING TO SHARE IT ON FACEBOOK, BUT IT IS TOO BAD.

15. Dee August says:

yes they were !!

16. Dee August says:

Thank U 4 this information I will definately check it out !!

17. Dee August says: