10 Black Celebrities You May Not Have Known Are Dead

Artimus Lamont Bentley

Artimus Lamont Bentley

Artimus Lamont Bentley (Oct. 25, 1973 – Jan. 19, 2005) was an African-American television and film actor. He is known for his roles as Hakeem Campbell on Moesha, Rashad in South Central, and Crazy K in Tales from the Hood.

With a promising acting career on the horizon  Bentley was killed in a single-car accident in southern California’s Ventura County. He was ejected from the vehicle into traffic where five cars struck him before help could arrive.

50 thoughts on “10 Black Celebrities You May Not Have Known Are Dead

1. Nadia Bramhan says:

Wow, so sad…

🙁

2. Sheila Hudson says:

3. THE GIRL THAT HAD MERLIN SANTANA KILLED WAS NOT HIS GIRLFRIEND. AND SHE LIED SAYING HE RAPED HER. SHE WILLINGLY HAD SEX WITH HIM. AND SHE HAD HIM KILLED CUZ HE DIDN'T WANT HER UGLY ASS. AND SHE IS UGLY. PPL NEED TO GET THIER STORIES STRAIGHT.

4. The article didn't say she was his girlfriend, it says she was the shooter's girlfriend.

5. Eric Brown says:

Megan Carvalho well she is ugly// i posted the youtube link

6. Eric Brown says:

Megan Carvalho well she is ugly// i posted the youtube link

7. Tammy Sherrell Steward says:

This site lists so many black celebrity deaths that I didn't know about. I was so shocked to see many of the names. http://www.panachereport.com

8. Sheila Hudson says:

@ MEGAN CARVALHO, YOU'RE RIGHT. THANKS. LOL!

9. back then LBGT was not around those suspenders where just rainbow colored. homosexuality was still underground

10. Cee Cee McConnell says:

Most of them I already knew but I'm just in shock about Dino though.

11. Barbie Yost says:

Rerun is Halley Berry's dad

12. Gerry Johnson says:

no he not.. her dad works in a hospital and his name is Jerome

13. Sundiata Keita says:

i never knew about this. you got ny links about the story?

14. Shirley Hamphill was 52 not 50 when she died.

15. Sarah Sulton says:

She also LIED about her age to Merlin, who thought she was legal.

16. Eddie Kain says:

I miss dino . finest thing in a boy group back in the cut. Past from a car crash and his girl and unborn child . So sad !!

17. Wow..An era of wonderful actors and actresses gone. I didn't know Merlin or Artimus were dead. Rest in sweet peace.

18. Jamie Garner says:

Dammmmn, did'nt know she had passed.. Dino either

19. Dino was a surprise to me too he made a song and all it's on utube when i Die.

20. Monte Fieldstein-CpaCia says:

10 celebrities that you didn't care if the died is a better title for this shit

21. Elisha Bar Edwardz says:

Merlin Santana. Killed because a wretched #thot had some fatherless, maternalized, westernized kneegrows on standby…Tyler Fairy's #Madea is overjoyed.

22. Why are you posting other sites on this site? Get some MANNERS and HOME TRAINING and you will know how to act in public.

23. Dont know why does losers adopted the rainbow as there colors

24. Tammy Sherrell Steward says:

My response was to someone who stated there were many black celebrity deaths that we don't hear about in mainstream media. (I'm paraphrasing, as I'm sure you'll go through every comment to find that particular one so you can post another ignorant comment for me). This site is Atlanta Blackstar so I'm sure they would not be offended by my educating the community even further about black celebrity deaths. That is, unless you are the owner of the site, in which case you should be thanking me. You speak of home training and manners when you clearly have none. You don't know me, nor I you, which makes you and your summation of me irrelevant. I don't engage in internet "battles" so you can do that with someone else. I don't engage in any high school games. I leave that to my teen children. As you have told me what I need to do, I'll respond in kind: stop being an internet troll and since you obviously are pro-black, stop attacking a black woman who is imparting knowledge to her brothers and sisters. Good day sir, and know that I will report you if you decide to harass me. After all, I didn't send for you, so don't come for me.

25. No offense, but not only did I not know they were dead, I didn't know they were "celebrities". I'd only heard of 3 of them.

26. Theodore Suber says:

Whoever wrote it probably wasn't even born

27. Theodore Suber says:

Whoever wrote it probably wasn't even born

28. Leon S Terry says:

Who is Dino ….Im tryn to REMEMBER the artist…….name sounds very familiar tho

29. Leon S Terry says:

Who is Dino ….Im tryn to REMEMBER the artist…….name sounds very familiar tho

30. I KNEW they would put him!

31. Brian George Piper says:

Fred "Rerun" Berry was also one of the founding members of the legendary dance group "The Lockers" that helped make hip hop dance popular.

32. DeShon says:

It didn't say that it was Santana ' s girlfriend. The article said the boyfriend of that girl shot him because she claimed that supposedly raped her…

33. DeShon says:

34. DeShon says:

35. Manut bol is African and Merlin Santana is Do Minicano . Just saying… Black is a Social construct for negros in North American.

36. Kendall A. Bell says:

She was a regular on All My Children, too. She was a great actress.

37. The entire series of the 10 black actors/actresses that have passed was informational. A couple of them I knew about and the rest were surprising for my not having heard about them whenever it was that they passed on. "Thank you" ATLANTABLACKSTAR.

38. The entire series of the 10 black actors/actresses that have passed was informational. A couple of them I knew about and the rest were surprising for my not having heard about them whenever it was that they passed on. "Thank you" ATLANTABLACKSTAR.

39. Kim HazeleyedGemini Smith says:

I loved her in The District

40. Merlin santana what a tragedy mg I ddnt know

41. She was also on Gimme a Break which the article failed to mention.

42. I actually knew about all the ones on atlantablack list (except Wylie Draper) but the site you posted list surprised me. I didn't know Cameo, Steve James from "i'm Going to Get You Sucka" and Michael Jonas Evans from 'The Jeffersons' were dead.

43. OMG never knew about Merlin Santana. And that girl better had been charge too. To die over a lie. Just sad.

44. Choice Felton Calm down man! There is nothing wrong with what she did. What's wrong with you on crack or something.

45. That Tara girl thing is sad

46. What's always tragic to me is how these people died or the way it happened and even the motives behind it. It breaks my heart that so many tragic and sad events happened to people who changed the way the world was seen by these people and to their fans.