tuareg-mali-africa-world

Black Arabia

“Black Arab” may be a confusing concept to many people in the West, where Arabs are classified as Caucasian people. However, all uses of the word “Arab” prior to the rise of Islam in the 7th century refer specifically to people belonging to the Bedouin ethnic group.  After that and leading up to the 13th century,  people with no Bedouin heritage began to refer to themselves as Arabs.

Today, there are still many “Black Arab” ethnic groups, such as the Tuaregs and Nubians of North Africa to the Mahra of Southern Arabia, who are still in existence, and whose presence in the the “Middle East” predates the coming of the paler-skinned Asiatics. Today’s Arabs are a mixture of these groups, with those of darker-skin facing the typical discrimination and oppression seen by the darker peoples of the world.

Ibn Mandour, of the 13th century, writes in his well-known Arabic lexicon Lisan Al Arab, “He (Al Fadl ibn Al Abbas),  ‘I am pure’ because the color of the Arabs is dark”. Mandour further describes the pure Arabs by saying, “Lank hair is the kind of hair that most non-Arab Persians and Romans have while kinky hair is the kind of hair that most Arabs have.”

Take a look at some of the Black faces of Arabia below:

200 thoughts on “Who is Black? Striking Images of the World’s Dark-Skinned People Inaccurately Considered Non-Black

1. Black is a race not a nationality, not an ethnicity, but solely a sociopolitical construct manufactured to support White Supremacy. So why continue promoting the lie that has oppressed every one of us?

2. Who considers these people non-Black? Non-Afrikan some of them for sure, but non-Black? Still what is Black exactly? Race is an illusion.

3. I already knew some of this but………..I am still flabbergasted by this! I am sad but excited. The photos, wow, they are priceless PROOF!!!!!!! Thank you for posting.

4. MJ Ivory says:

…..That Should Be __Indian Ocean Slave Trade__ as stated in the 1st. paragraph of the above article….. Proof reader must have dozed off…….?

5. In the article they keep using the word classified as if white people's classifications and standards are somehow relevant to reality. Take whites out of the equation if we had never heard any white classification and we were classifying these people without anyone else's influence we would relate to these people as black people. The way that black people understand and relate to these people is the only one that matters. Just because you may have heard whites classification first and are used to it doesn't mean that it should just be accepted. Through our understanding we would realize that these are black people because black people are people who are melanated and white people are people who have the genetic mutation called albinism and other so-called "races" are hybridized between the two. So anyone who is not albinized or mixed with albino is black. Skin color is not an adaptation to other climates. Straight hair doesn't come from albinism it comes from adaptation to climate. In hot climates your hair is curly so that heat doesn't get trapped and is released, while in cold climates its straight to keep heat in, thick lips are an adaptation that helps to cool the body when wet and get thin in cold climates to preserve body heat, and broad noses help to allow more air in since hot air is thinner than cold air, while in cold climates the nose gets narrow to restrict the amount of cold air entering the body. Those are adaptations to climate. We existed long before whites who are an albinized mutation of us and our categorization which is based on the facts cannot be undermined by their categorization which is based on their agenda.

6. Baba-Kundi Ma'at-Shambhala says:

"A Black American"
    by Smokey Robinson

"I love being Black. I love being called Black. I love being an American.
    I love being a Black American, but as a Black man in this country I think it's a shame
    That every few years we get a change of name.

Since those first ships arrived here from Africa that came across the sea
    There were already Black men in this country who were free.
    And as for those that came over here on those terrible boats,
    They were called niggah and slave
    And told what to do and how to behave.

And then master started trippin' and doing his midnight tippin',
    Down to the slave shacks where he forced he and Great-Great Grandma to
    be together,
    And if Great-Great Grandpa protested, he got tarred and feathered.

And at the same time, the Black men in the country who were free,
    Were mating with the tribes like the Apache and the Cherokee.
    And as a result of all that, we're a parade of every shade.
    And as in this late day and age, you can be sure,
    They ain't too many of us in this country whose bloodline is pure.

But, according to a geological, geographical, genealogy study published
    in Time Magazine,
    The Black African people were the first on the scene,
    So for what it's worth, the Black African people were the first on earth

And through migration, our characteristics started to change, and rearrange,
    To adapt to whatever climate we migrated to.
    And that's how I became me, and you became you.

So, if we gonna go back, let's go all the way back,
    And if Adam was Black and Eve was Black,
    Then that kind of makes it a natural fact that everybody in America is an African American.

Everybody in Europe is an African European; everybody in the Orient is an African Asian
    And so on and so on,
    That is, if the origin of man is what we're gonna go on.
    And if one drop of Black blood makes you Black like they say,
    Then everybody's Black anyway.

So quit trying to change my identity.
    I'm already who I was meant to be
    I'm a Black American, born and raised.
    And brother James Brown wrote a wonderful phrase,
    "Say it loud, I'm Black and I'm proud! Say it loud, I'm Black and I'm proud!"

Cause I'm proud to be Black and I ain't never lived in Africa,
    And 'cause my Great-Great Granddaddy on my Daddy's side did, don't mean I want to go back.
    Now I have nothing against Africa,
    It's where some of the most beautiful places and people in the world are found.
    But I've been blessed to go a lot of places in this world,
    And if you ask me where I choose to live, I pick America, hands down.

Now, by and by, we were called Negroes, and after while, that name has vanished.
    Anyway, Negro is just how you say "black" in Spanish.
    Then, we were called colored, but ****, everybody's one color or another,
    And I think it's a shame that we hold that against each other.

And it seems like we reverted back to a time when being called Black was an insult,
    Even if it was another Black man who said it, a fight would result,
    Cause we've been so brainwashed that Black was wrong,
    So that even the yellow niggahs and black niggahs couldn't get along.

But then, came the 1960s when we struggled and died to be called equal and Black,
    And we walked with pride with our heads held high and our shoulders pushed back,
    And Black was beautiful.

But, I guess that wasn't good enough,
    Cause now here they come with some other stuff.
    Who comes up with this **** anyway?
    Was it one, or a group of niggahs sitting around one day?

Feelin' a little insecure again about being called Black
    And decided that African American sounded a little more exotic.
    Well, I think you were being a little more neurotic.

It's that same mentality that got "Amos and Andy" put off the air,
    Cause' they were embarrassed about the way the character's spoke.
    And as a result of that action, a lot of wonderful Black actors ended up broke.
    When we were just laughin' and have fun about ourselves.
    So I say, "**** you if you can't take a joke."
    You didn't see the "Beverly Hillbilly's" being protested by white folks.

And if you think, that cause you think that being called African American set all Black people's mind at ease…..

Since we affectionately call each other "niggah",

I affectionately say to you, "niggah Please".

How come I didn't get the chance to vote on who I'd like to be?
    Who gave you the right to make that decision for me?
    I ain't under your rule or in your dominion
    And I am entitled to my own opinion.

Now there are some African Americans here,
    But they recently moved here from places like Kenya, Ethiopia, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and Zaire.
    But, now the brother who's family has lived in the country for generations,
    Occupying space in all the locations
    New York, Miami, L.A., Detroit, Chicago-
    Even if he's wearing a dashiki and sporting an afro.

And, if you go to Africa in search of your race,
    You'll find out quick you're not an African American,
    You're just a Black American in Africa takin' up space.

Why you keep trying to attach yourself to a continent,
    Where if you got the chance and you went,
    Most people there would even claim you as one of them; as a pure bread daughter or son of them.
    Your heritage is right here now, no matter what you call yourself or what you say
    And a lot of people died to make it that way.
    And if you think America is a leader on inequality and suffering and grievin'
    How come there so many people comin' and so few leavin'?

Rather than all this 'find fault with America' **** you promotin',
    If you want to change something, use your privilege, get to the polls!
    Commence to votin'!

God knows we've earned the right to be called American Americans and be free at last.
    And rather than you movin' forward progress, you dwelling in the past.
    We've struggled too long; we've come too far.
    Instead of focusing on who we were, let's be proud of who we are.

We are the only people whose name is always a trend.
    When is this **** gonna end?
    Look at all the different colors of our skin-
    Black is not our color. It's our core.
    It's what we been livin' and fightin' and dyin' for.

But if you choose to be called African American and that's your preference
    Then I 'll give you that reference

But I know on this issue I don't stand alone on my own and if I do, then let me be me
    And I'd appreciate it if when you see me, you'd say, "there goes a man who says it loud I'm Black. I'm Black. I'm a Black American, and I'm proud

Cause I love being an American. And I love being Black. I love being
    called Black.

Yeah, I said it, and I don't take it back."

Smokey Robinson
    Def Poets, 3rd Season
    May 16, 2003 (c)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/iIkNsj6cDGc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Baba-Kundi Ma'at-Shambhala says:

Cut and paste or click on this link to see the video.

8. Theodora Anagor says:

Black is not a race either, the classification stems from slavery.

9. Thoughtful Ed says:

SOME THOSE PICTURES ARE NOT….BLACK ARABS….DONT BELIEVE EVERY THING YOU READ…..THOSE ARE AMAZIGH PEOPLE OF NORTH AFRICA aka TUAREGS aka BERBERS.

THEY LIVED IN NORTH AFRICA BEFORE…ARABS ENTERED INTO AFRICA….THEY LATER ON BECAME ISLAMIC WHEN …MERGING WITH ARABS….BUT THEY ARE FIGHTING FOR INDEPENDANCE…FROM ARAB RULE IN NORTH AFRICA.

THESE PICTURES ARE FALSE…THESE ARE NOT BLACK ARABS….THERE AMAZIGH TUAREGS NATIVE AFRICANS.

10. Theodora Anagor well there is no such thing as race but you are correct it is a classification from slavery to separate us from them. Only if there were a such thing as race we wouldn't have been able to procreate with them. The only way for this myth to survive is for us to continue buying into it, all along we will be oppressed by it.

11. Amber Berg says:

I am so glad someone wrote an article like this…. I loce to study things like this… it is just crazy to me that people are put into boxes of you are this and you are that but there are people all every corner of thus earth that still carry resemblance of the motherland!

12. LOL!!! let's just call them the "MELANIN-ITE CHILDREN" WORLD OVER!!! and who does the "Labeling"??? NON-melanin-ites?!?! LMAO!!!

13. Yasha Yisrael says:

Black is Not a race! We are the true Biblical Hebrew Israelite scatter to the four winds of the earth. This is who we are And how we can prove this is in the book of Deuteronomy 28:15-68; through chapters 33.http://youtu.be/i-_66jFdJlE If you look at this link it show how those brought through the transatlantic slave trade are hebrew/Igbo/ Israelites. Moses and Yahshuah/jesus was So called Black people.

14. Silliness. These are nothing but black people dressed up like arabs because the arabs are their historical enslavers and acculturators. there is no such thing as a Black European and there is no such thing as a Black Arab.

15. Ojay Michael says:

How many ppl outside of black Americans use their race as a reference anymore…

16. Abu Mansur says:

@Tdka Kilimanjaro: You are the most ignorant joker I have ever come across on a message forum and that's saying a lot because message forums like these bring out the crazies. Arab is not a race you moron. It is a linguistic group and yes there are black Africans who's native language is Arabic. Secondly, the Arabian Peninsula is historically a part of Africa and in ancient Arabic poetry the Arabs describe themselves as black. In fact the same sources in antiquity that describe the Egyptians as black describe the Arabs as black also. Arabic is itself tied to Meroeitic Nubian. The black ancestry of the Arabs goes back to Hagar the scriptural ancestress of the Arabs. If we are to deny the Arabs their recent and all to evident black ancestry then we have to deny the Egyptians theirs or Latinos theirs. To follow your logic means that their is no such thing as a black Cuban. It is evident that you have never visited Africa or the Mid-East because you would have witnessed many black Arabs who are not the descendants of slaves. Thirdly, the reference to the people in these photos wearing Arab clothes speaks volumes of your stupidity. People dress according to circumstances of their region. Before Islam people in this region dressed like covered themselves. You, Tdka Kilimanjaro, need an education about African history and the true role of Islam in that history and shut the hell up until then. Good luck to you.

17. Abu Mansur says:

18. James Saunders says:

They need to make a TV series or movie about this. They have done it with white history 'Vikings' etc This will help to break down a lot of racial profiling that happens between people of colour. Thanks for posting, I will be sharing this to Aboriginal people here in Australia.

19. Just how stupid can you be? Of course these are ALL zBlack folks. Who the hell put this sorry excuse for an article together?

The "author" needs to read up on "Blackness" and what it is — and by that, I mean not rely on some racist white interpretation of the term, or some ignorant, benighted Black person with an uninformed opinion. They need to approach the subject from an enlightened, informed pan-Africanist perspective and READ. Read up on where these people originated and about patterns of migration.

Yes, they are, indeed, Black — every last one of them! *smdh*

Such abysmal ignorance/backwardness! You ought to be ashamed.

But, then, you'd have to have a CLUE to understand just how wrong-headed and backward this piece is.

20. Adrienne Warren says:

White Americans….

21. Perdita Smith says:

Wanted to share race is also used scientifically. Ethnographic division into race:white/Caucasian, Mongoloid/Asian, Negroid/Black, and Australoid. Because each of these races are biologically different. For example if remains are found (i.e. crime or archeology) they are able to determine race. I believe they took this scientific and turned it political. The US is one of the only countries that teaches that North Africans were Caucasian and of recent Mongoloid/Asian. Because Egypt is the cradle of civilization they could not give that greatness to a Africa (people of color).

22. Perdita Smith says:

23. Joey Santiago says:

Thoughtful ed is an idiot ever picture u see of a white arab is just m
    breeding arabs are black, whether they like it or not

24. Thoughtful Ed says:

Santiago…Your a fucking idiot…READ The post before responding ..who the fuck is talking about ARABS being mixed ??

25. Thoughtful Ed says:

I am talking about My Ancestry AMAZIGH …. TUAREGS …The people in this PICTURE !!!..ARE NOT ARABS

26. Earl Sabir says:

Thank you for your intelligent comment. You've said it best.

27. Zappa Montag says:

they left out black indigenous folks in what is now north and south America.

28. if these people are not black, I don't know what black is.
    but just so you know, THEY ARE ALL BLACK!!!
    I enjoyed the clips though.

29. for anyone who wrote this I say THANK YOU!

30. Fx Nozakhere says:

F**k that poem. Smokey Robinson's historical perspective is anemic and grossly uninformed while ripe with serious self negation in the least.

31. Alexis Grant says:

Well there were native americans, I don't think there's any theories saying they came from Africa, but that they got into the Americas before it even split up….too bad they killed most of them during colonization.

32. we are all Black

33. we are all Black

34. Sean Bempong says:

I have Tuareg (Kel Tamashek) and Nubian friends and I've never heard them refer to themselves as Arabs. I'll ask them tomorrow but they have never mentioned it over the 10+ years I've known them. Their languages and presence in Africa precedes Arabs in Africa. They are indigenous culturally and linguistically. It is their religion that is foreign.

35. Zappa Montag says:

there is quite a bit of evidence, that at least on the west coast, Afro-asiatic people were part of some of the indigenous groups here. I have compiled quite a few pictures. since it is clear that black people made it as far as Hawaii, it is fairly logical that some made it to this continent…A huge land mass, with many routes leading to it. this exhibit shows California natives as painted by the Russians pre Gold Rush.. Other early paintings by European artists also depicted CA Indians as black, and descriptions of them sayt hat they looked black.http://www.calacademy.org/exhibits/science_under_sail/people.html

36. Von Omari says:

I see Black as a culture or even a sub-culture for some, that ties everyone together who has obvious roots from the continent called africa….

37. Von Omari there are literally 1000s of cultures and sub-cultures, ethnicities and more that are indigenous to Africa. To group people together by skin color is to erase their identities and uniqueness.

38. Von Omari says:

Ángelo Martínez In my eyes it doesn't erase anything. Like attracts like. In a room full of 1000 blonde haired blue eyes people and two "Black" or folks with dark skin or african features, you best believe we will find our way to one another, if not just to smile or nod. It's genetic and a part of nature. All awhile keeping our identities and uniquenesses in which I honor and respect. I am not marginalizing any one. We have something in common and I call that black…….period. BTW, Black is the beginning of all.

39. Von Omari no, you don't call it black. That's not what we named ourselves. That is what they named us. Recognize that while you're claiming it. They are the ones that decided we were African, colored, negro, black, niggers, niggas, African-American, etc. We have yet to name ourselves. Think about it.

40. Von Omari says:

Ángelo Martínez I'm well aware of the naming game played through out the world. I was born in the 60's and take my cue from Brotha Malcolm who really coined the "term" Black Americans. We here in the states lost our true indentities that would have had us walking around here knowing which african tribe we were a part of. Black is something that we began calling ourselves. It was political and cultural. Not any white person….in this country. Cuba and Latin america, that's another story that I'm not familiar with. BTW, what do you call it………

41. Von Omari the term was coined in the 1800s, not the 1960 but that is when it was popularized. You can find it in literature that predates Malcolm X by at least a century. I do agree with the rest and I'm Cuban.

42. Von Omari says:

Ángelo Martínez Black Americans, not the word Black. You should really do some scientific research on Black or what is perceived as Black. Webster does it no justice. I've moved passed the politics of culture and is now into metaphysics and the esoteric. It takes on a whole other meaning. A much deeper meaning……Everything begins with Black and if I had to call myself something, then Black it is………ma brotha…..;0) Ps. You wrote that you don't call "it" Black, then what do you call it…….

43. Von Omari I refer to people by their tribe, I think that since many of our ancestors stopped doing so and called themselves what their captors called them they lost their identities and weren't able to pass them on to their descendents. Thus this conversation we are having now.

44. Von Omari says:

Ángelo Martínez Okay……;0)

45. Fx Nozakhere So if we are not black people then what are we whats the name of our race then?

46. Theodora Anagor Black is a race my friend it is how we describe ourselves white people never gave us that title so it doenst stem from slavery Niggers stemmed from slavery Colored stemmed from slavery Black came from US! so I am proud to be a black man and not no damn inaccurate African American and Person of color no im a black man simple

47. Yasha Yisrael Black is a race my friend all people with melanin are black that's is what we call ourselves now since the name of our original race is gone we can just call ourselves Hebrews and Isrealites because those are nationalities not races as a race we are Black my friend God bless

48. Marquise Sign-Meanstreek Hart if that's what you choose to refer to yourself that's perfectly fine but to lie about the origin or to remain willfully ignorant is appalling. It is a race and our indigenous ancestors had no concept of race prior to slavery yet there's evidence of a global community stemming back 1000s of years. That's proof in itself that it is a newer concept, it can also be found in these pesky things called literature where you can find earlier uses as means to identify "us" by "them" before we called ourselves that.

49. Von Omari says:

Marquise Sign-Meanstreek Hart Hah, it's tripping me out that no one wants to or can answer this question…….

50. Hope Blue says:

Well said! I wish the churches would teach our history! Understanding who we are as African people is empowering! I am a light skinned black person who always wish that she was darker. My grandmother always spoke about the strength of her people! If we only knew, we would not continue to allow them to destroy our spirit!

51. Geoff Cad says:

Here is how "Black Arabs" became "Black Arabs". They are not indigenous to the continent. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zM_MzkLKPY

52. Tuareg people are NOT Arab! They are Amazigh (Berber) so that makes them the original inhabitants of North-Africa whereas Arabs are only settlers in the region. Let's raise awareness and stop the discrimination and misunderstanding around the culture and history of the Amazigh people.

53. Tuareg people are NOT Arab! They are Amazigh (Berber) so that makes them the original inhabitants of North-Africa whereas Arabs are only settlers in the region. Let's raise awareness and stop the discrimination and misunderstanding around the culture and history of the Amazigh people.

54. Von Omari says:

Dason Johnson that's HUE-man. Yeah they changed the spelling of words as well.

55. Von Omari Won't argue with that. "Huemens" we be, one big club. Strength is not found in our differences.

56. Von Omari says:

Dason Johnson This is a common attitude our ancestors had. You see what happened. Until those that suppress and oppress are destroyed, there will always be imbalance.

57. Dave Bush says:

I'm just one guy, an albinized mutation, I guess. And… I hope that I don't have a pro-white agenda. How 'bout a pro-everyone of us agenda. You're right about how natural selection has made us physically different, of course. But, physical and sociological distinctions are a good thing. And, at the same time, they shouldn't keep us apart. Years ago I read Jared Diamond's "Guns, Germs and Steel". It was good for me and coincides with the thesis of this article.

58. Dave Bush says:

59. Mazin Al says:

"Today, there are still many “Black Arab” ethnic groups, such as the Tuaregs and Nubians of North Africa."

Quite possibly one of the most ignorant and uneducated comments. The "Tuaregs" are in fact a branch of the Amazigh peoples, who are indigenous to North Africa and parts of Sub-Saharan Africa. The name they use for themselves is in fact "Kel Tamashek/q. Names like"berbers" and "tuaregs" are names imposed by Arab cultures and societies and tend to have negative connotations of barbarism (berber is the Arabized version of 'Barbarians'), a supposed lack of culture and sophistication.
    Nubians are another ancient non-Arab population, indigenous to what is now Southern Egypt and Northern Sudan. They are today a minority in both countries and face immense struggles in the way of preserving their distinct Nubian identity, culture and language in the face of state sponsored Arabization policies that range from active dispossession of Nubians from their traditional lands to outright banning of instructing Nubian children in their maternal language. As is the case with most minorities, Nubians and Imazighen tend to be bilingual if not multilingual. Casually slapping on an 'Arab' label on indigenous populations that have been resisting racist and discriminatory numerous attempts to subjugate, assimilate and essentially erase their unique identities, is at best insulting…

60. Mazin Al says:

How exactly is Arabic tied to Meroitic? Arabic is a semitic language related to Hebrew, Aramaic etc Meroitic was the language of the ancient civilization of Merowe and to this day has not been deciphered and bears little to no resemblance to other regional languages like Nubian, Coptic/Egyptian making it what linguists call a "language isolate." Nubian is a Nilo-Saharan language that has absolutely no relation to Arabic and is closely tied to languages like Birgid, Midob from Western Sudan. And I say this as an ethnic Nubian from Sudan who speaks both…

61. Brandon Shorter says:

Caucasian, Mongoloid, and Negroid are considered outdated by most biological and social scientists, as they are holdovers from anthropology's long, troubled history with colonialism using science to prove political or military superiority to conquered groups (see "sciences" like eugenics or phrenology). Modern genetic testing has determined that race is purely a sociopolitical construct, and that there is more genetic difference within these races than between them. What can be determined by DNA testing is an individual's haplogroup, which tells us the broad region of the world a population developed in and their relations to other populations in other regions.

62. Teah Chanel says:

What is Black? But a color. It is CERTAINLY NOT a race. No one can be sure of their ancestry, anyway… And this shows that there are plenty peoples of African descent… AND that it doesn't make you "Black". I will be glad when WE ALL decide to stop classifying human beings as colors. It is ignorant and unrealistic.

63. Teah Chanel says:

I loved these pictures. Thanks for the article.

64. Teah Chanel says:

What is Black? But a color. It is CERTAINLY NOT a race. And this shows that there are plenty peoples of African descent ALL over the world… Does that make you "Black"? If not, what does? No one can be sure of their ancestry, anyway… I will be glad when WE ALL decide to stop classifying human beings as colors. It is ignorant and unrealistic.

Thanks for the article. I enjoyed it.

65. Adam Duncan says:

Marquise Sign-Meanstreek Hart human race…stop thinking divisively

66. Steven Minogue says:

Marquise Sign-Meanstreek Hart
    Human. stop worrying about skin tones and accents and focus on what truly matters. we need to treat eat other equally and cast aside the differences that separate us. everyone needs to stop making a big deal out of what they are and start caring more about what they do.

67. Fx Nozakhere Yep, The early aspects of that poem was on point, and then just like many Afrikans that were subjected/detained to the "Company" of America for to long it and they went astray.

68. Why not called them melanated which is the true tern for all people of color.

69. Why not called them melanated which is the true tern for all people of color.

70. Emmett Xaa says:

Smokey is a drugged up sellout. Africans don't and wont listen him at all!!!

71. Rossell L Powell says:

Smokey Robinson is a simpleton. If a lion is taken from Africa its still a lion regardless of the fact its in a zoo in Chicago.

72. Rossell L Powell says:

Smokey Robinson is a classic example of a mentally enslaved negro who is mentally dead.I feel sorry for him actually doesn't even know who he is.

73. Rossell L Powell says:

Emmett Xaa He was heavily on drugs at the time this was written matter of fact.

74. Muna Wendy T says:

Non black , black ???? Why the strange need ??? We are all the same inside and our skin color is adapted to our environment

75. Marquise Sign-Meanstreek Hart HUMAN!

76. You have to see the film "Skin" my dear Wendy (passé sur Arte le 22 mars).

77. Earl Sabir thanks mr williams

78. Melinda Andorinha González says:

Our concept of a "unified "Black" race" is post-colonial and based on White views of race. Most people throughout the world viewed themselves as tribal peoples and skin color was not the primary mode of identification. I found this article interesting, but the classification comes from an other. What is means to racially identify as Black is ony relevant in a post-colonial context. I am not sure if these groups would self-identify in that matter or they would name their trives, family line/kin, other factors ad markers of self-identity. Pan-identities, while aimed at something beautiful, often ignore the nuanced and intersecting factors of identity formation in non-Western socieities.

79. Tariq Ahmed says:

ABRAHAM, SARAH AND HAGAR….. Hagar is the mother of Arabs, She was dark skinned from Egypt. Sarah was the mother of Israelis.

80. Ibrahimi Qurani says:

The article was severely lacking as it concerns Arabs and Indians. First of all the author is too Africa-centered. Not all black people come from Africa, and constantly trying to tie them to Africa is a fallacy even if they resemble black Africans.

Secondly, Arab does not mean Bedouin. A'raab (A3raab/A3raaby) means Bedouin. Arabs were called Arabs (3arab/3araby) whether they were sedentary or Bedouins. Secondly, their being Bedouins has nothing to do with their skin color or their being black. As you correctly quoted Ibn Mandhur stated that the Arabs were black. Many other scholars stated this as well. Ibn Mandhur's lexicon is from the 12th century. So what he says applies to pre-Islamic and Islamic Arabs. The reason why many fair skinned non-Arabs became Arabs has to do with the Arabization of non-Arabs and the fact that the Arab ethnicity is patrilineal and mixed Arabs are recognized as mixed and Arab at the same time. With time and numbers many of them forgot that their were mixed, because while acceptable it was not seen as a good thing.

Many Berbers like the Tuareg and others, the Nubians, the Mandinka, the Fulani, the Soninke, the Tukulor, the Wolof, the Songhay and even the Ashanti are believed to have come from mostly pre-Islamic immigrations of Himyarite Arabs into Africa, however they are not the people that you want to show in order to prove that Arabs are black. There are plenty of pictures of SUPER dark Arabs from Saudi tribes, the Gulf Countries from Oman to Kuwait, Iraq and as far as way as Palestine and Syria. These pictures can be found on youtube as well as the savethetruearabs website, which I am glad you used as a source. Also you should try NOT to use Wikipedia as a source, because it can be easily manipulated and edited. I have even edited some Wikipedia pages, with just cause and correct information, but others are liable to see some of those things as my subjective opinion or lies despite the sources.

As far as Indians, most Indians are straight haired non-Africa blacks, although they are in serious denial. The Siddis origins are debatable and mixed. Remember that not all East Africans who immigrated to India or Arabia came as slaves, that is the Euro-centric lie. Secondly, there are Arabs in East Africa. Thirdly, Siddis is a title in the Islamic world that is mostly given to people who are relatives of the prophet Muhammad (saas) which also strengthens their connection to the Arab ethnicity and weakens the idea that they came through the slave trade. The case of the Andamanese is unique and powerful as it concerns the origins and looks of original Indians. Your use of Indian invaders is silly, especially when stating that the original Indians are black. It would have more correct to speak of the Persic Aryans to the North and Northwest of India and their movement and mixture within the originally black India.

81. Ibrahimi Qurani says:

Tdka Kilimanjaro Your comment is pure horse manure. You speak from a place of ignorance and as an unread person. see savethetruerabs.proboards.com Also see quranists.proboards.com

82. Brian Smith says:

Race is a myth or an artificial construct.

83. Von Omari says:

Brian Smith Isn't everything of our understanding an artificial construct. Unless you tap deep into your DNA that has infinite information and memories of what it was like being on earth before "society" as we know it began, everything is pretty much artificial. However, the ancestors left a lot of clues in plain sight, unfortunately the majority refuses to believe it. …….jus sayin

84. Von Omari it is an oppressive social construct, one that benefits only one side of the spectrum. Knowledge is power, we all should be spreading facts to one another instead of remaining apathetic about them and spreading myths.

85. Von Omari says:

Ángelo Martínez LOL……..The word FACT is an artificial construct. Once upon a time, it was a FACT that the world was flat. Right. Myths, or I prefer metaphors can actually assist us in our mental, in either getting free or staying free of the "oppressive social construct"……jus sayin.

86. Von Omari, earlier you said, "However, the ancestors left a lot of clues in plain sight, unfortunately the majority refuses to believe it." Well there's evidence that while the Europeans you speak of thought the world was flat there were Africans exploring the entire globe. Facts are evidence based and can be repeated continuously, what you are speaking of is truths which are subjective. Why are you fighting me on this?

87. Von Omari says:

Ángelo Martínez You said "We" all should be spreading facts. The fact is Black, before it was called black existed prior to the so called oppressive social construct. There were many names or descriptions for it before white folks came into existence. Not fighting you on anything…..If we let go of the social construct we wouldn't be using their fragmented ,and lets just go head and say it, racist, thought process that keeps us always debating and trying to out intellect one another. Maybe I just misinterpreted what you were saying.

88. Nyla Santana says:

Let's just let the inhabitants of those lands decide what they are…….no need for Americans to go around classifying people who probably wouldn't know what the heck we're talking about anyway.

89. Von Omari is right tap into your DNA your dreams as well can tell your past time. Meditate too everything around us is energy use it. Do you like the idea of DBZ? where do they get these ideas from movies? because its our history. They want to be us, they want our DNA and god gifts. We do have powers we just forgot how to use it (lost them) but we can gain them back by believing

90. blacks are beautiful people.

91. blacks are beautiful people.

92. blacks are strikingly beautiful and diverse people.

93. It is interesting to note that South Asians in Britain used to be considered as blacks like Afro-Caribbeans and sub-Saharan Africans until 1980s.

94. Steve Eugène Olivier says:

Brandon Shorter Thank you.. So many people here are misinformed, it's not even funny. Reading wrong and outdated books is worst than not knowing. Take the bible for example.

95. Steve Eugène Olivier says:

It is funny how all of you accept that we were all blacks from Africa and that some of us migrated out of Africa about 100 000 years ago. Yet you talk about the other groups that are not black anymore as if they came from space or magically appeared on Earth loll Really, you still don't understand that Whites, Arabs, Latinos, Asians and everybody else are old Africans? Meaning they are old blacks who simply changed colors due to genetic mutations that helped them survive in various parts of the world. That's it folks. They are not another race, they are us with another skin, hair texture, eye color and whatnot. We humans think we are so smart yet many of us really don't know who we are and that is the saddest story of all.

96. Qdown Dale says:

Dave Bush that how you feel. Well you not doing any good telling us that go back and tell your people. We already understand ya digg. Its them who controls the wealth, the media, they keep this going.

97. Qdown Dale says:

98. Qdown Dale says:

Dave Bush Dave Bush that how you feel? Well you not doing any good telling us that go back and tell your people. We already understand ya digg. Its them who controls the wealth, the media, they keep this going. Cause we have heard many and plenty of you folks drop that line, that aint doing nothing for the situation. Cause at the end of the day, you still got that white previlige card.

99. Qdown Dale says:

100. Damon Wong says:

They forgot to list the Klingon Empire.

101. Damon Wong says:

They forgot to list the Klingon Empire.

102. Lola Powell says:

As the so called "black people" we are the descendants of Jacob, we are the true Israelites the bible speaks of. White people are the descendants of Esau, also known as the Edomites. Jews being white is one of the biggest lies ever told, they are converts, not the original ppl. I'm saying this in response to some of the comments I'm reading below. White ppl tell lies so long until ppl take their lies and accept them as universal truth. For example calling people of color the minority when in truth the entire world is colored except for white people. They are the minority. They also do not have their own continent geographically speaking, which is the lie they teach in American school systems. Europe is not a continent Europe is really just apart of ASIA, so their is no such thing as a European continent, also Asia was really considered apart of Africa in ancient times, it was known as Africa's twin…. white philosophers, scholars, and explorers throughout history have labeled, divided, and categorized things to the benefit of European ppl and to the disadvantage of others, but I serve a powerful God and each day I read these comments I realize more men and women of color are waking up to the truth and all of their lies about history, religion, and everything else are about to blow up in their faces catastrophically.

103. Carol Chang says:

That was not a helpful comment, disjointed and incoherent.

104. Carol Chang says:

Not really, but it is constantly used against us by people like you. We are as we were born. We do not hate other people when we are born until it it taught to us I was one of the lucky ones.. My parents didn't teach that.

105. That's your opinion. The fact remains that all of these people are, indeed, Black. And whoever compiled this list hasn't a clue.

106. Phil Thomson says:

Back in the eighties a group of dancers from PNG performed in Harlem. A big argument broke out when the locals insisted that the PNG mob must have been slaves from Africa once. Great to see this discussion… the world is beginning to learn the truth… black skin comes from all over the world.

107. I hope you realize that race is a social construct with no genetic basis. People can call themselves whatever they want.

108. Marquise Sign-Meanstreek Hart did you know that after the roman conquest many hebrew peoples were spread threw out western and eastern africa? Did you know that even though these hebrew people were black and brown skined the native africans seen them as other and routinly enslaved many of them? Did you know the ancient slave markets were full of these people? Did you know there was acient judaen kingdoms threw out africa that were invaded or converted by asiatic muslem arabs? Many of the conqured were sold to the europeans. Yet nobody ever questions why we were called negro from the begining but not sudanese ghanan etc. President Gamal Abdel Nasser of egypt stated they would never accept the false jews in israel because they left black but came back european.

109. Yasha Yisrael lets network

110. Kwach Kwach lets network

111. nice research abu can you refrence me some of that info?

112. Historically the first renaming of our collective peoples was by the Greeks, they called us all Ethiopians which means "burned skin". We identified ourselves by our respective tribes.

Race is a fabricated social construct created to make some superior than others. Black is the bottom of that totem pole, some recognize that and other try to flip it upside down so that Black is at the top of that pole but the pole doesn't exist, it never had. We don't have to participate in the lies they started.

113. Vanessa Lowder says:

Very well stated…

114. Abu Mansur says:

@Fuquan Maleeck: Yes sir. I will give me a week to get back to my notes and I will have a couple of books for your reference. @Mazin Al, familiarize yourself with historical linguistics. The same methods that were used to prove that the Germanic languages have Sanskrit as their ancestor establish Meroeitic Nubian as the ancestor of Arabic. When I am not typing from a cell phone and am in front of a pc I will give a word by word comparison but for now it should suffice to know that there is no premodern historical reality called the "Middle East" and the sooner you accept that what you call the Mid-East is a product of British OrientalOrientalists during WWI and that the boundaries separating Africa from the so-called Mid-East then your mind is free to accept that there was cultural overlap between the two regions and this would include language. Do you know Meroeitic Nubian and Arabic and Phoenician? Do you consider Ghez and Amharic African lnguages being that they are Native to Ethiopian and if so how do you explain the similarities between them and Arabic? Do you think it's a coincidence that they share not only the same words but much of the same grammatical laws? If the kinship between Arabic and Hebrew is obvious to you (and I hope it is) then the relationship between Arabic and Nubian should be Equally apparent. What we have going on here are Afrocentrists who's antipathy towards Islam motivates them to deny the African origins of Arabic and the Arabs prejudice towards blacks leading them to deny their black ancestry. And then there's the facts. Which do not care what either thinks.

115. I took the time to read this article and found myself quite puzzled by the adaptation idealogy presented. For me it just doesn't add up. The immediate question that my thoughts posed was, well what about the dravidians (so called east indians)? They have been in india for longer than the white race has been on the planet earth. Yet the physical characteristics that you state consequent to the whiteman climatic adaptations are clearly present in them , the dravidians while existing in a climate that for the most part bear no similarity to that of the whitemans. Most east indians are straight haired, have aquiline type noses, and general facial and body build reminiscent of the whiteman. Only not melanin recessive. Your synopsis just doesn't add up in my view

116. Vince Cushite says:

The major problem with this article is the German myth and invention of the so-called Caucasian. European elites need for more history and claims to lands and resources lead to the myth of any regions of high historical achievement 'must' belong to the conquering Europeans. So a German by the name of Johann Friedrich Blumenbach, who in 1795 invented the Caucasian myth and today, we continue to repeat this lie.

117. Anonymous says:

First lets come to an understanding that this is no way a scientific article but on of social consciousness that needs to be disseminated. The American Anthropological Society does not use the term Mongoloid anymore due to it being a perpetuation of pseudoscience through the years. They acknowledge that there is one race and that is the human race. What we see in nature is what is called the phenotype representation of human. We are all biologically the same. Character traits differ due to genetic expression that can be passed to anyone through copulation. Which is what has caused genetic variation in human beings, Copulation. We don't learn these things in history books in school. Especially in America. America is the most maniacal beast when it comes to watering down history. America is only hundreds of years old while all other civilizations have been around for thousands of years. We are lead to believe in America that all black people are in Africa only and we should identify ourselves socially as African Americans…I refuse to be classified as African American.

118. Teah Chanel, people can do research about their ancestors. Alex Haley who made roots did. Some people won't find out because they are not interested in knowing. There's always a way. I just go by the term African American. Screw the Black term. A friend asked me once, "WHY ARE YOU CALLED BLACK WHEN YOU SKIN IS BROWN"? I just laughed and said I don't know. I see that it does spawn from slavery.

119. Anonymous says:

link doesn't work

120. Anonymous says:

Thank you for this reply. So when and where do you suppose white people started coming on the scene?

121. I have no idea where the author gets his/her information from, but there is no evidence of "African" peoples in China before the Austronesian expansion into East Asia and Australia.

122. Steve….You're referring to "Genetic Drift"….That's the term used to describe what you referring to.

123. Melinda Andorinha González These people do identify as black that is the problem.

124. Sulaiman Ali-el That is because they have been invaded countless of times first by the Greeks, then the Romans, then the Vikings and finally the British and is only in the North, and you musn't forget the Andamen islanders who are the original look of the Dravidian.

125. Robert Bellus Southern European people originated in what is now called the middle east, they are a case of dark skinned people mixing with Northern Europeans. Black is a classification it is not a race, all African people are distant from each other it does not negate who they are.
    This classification/caste system is about making up the numbers not truth. History of invasions shows how people are different, the pale North African Arab is genetically different fron the black Arab who were the original people of these nations they perceive themselves to be black, and African. All your links lead to white Supremacist caste system which is about proving dominance and divide and conquer.

126. Brandon Shorter Thank you Brandon.

127. Eric Anderson Exactly, well said.

128. Steve Eugène Olivier Exactly the same goes for my family, we have blondes, red heads, hazel, blue, green, and hazel eyes, from very fair to dark skin people in where I am from in Nigeria, we were so way before colonialism.

129. Then you really don't, say you don't know.

130. Theodora Anagor ,, was that statement supposed to mean something?

131. Sulaiman Ali-el in the writings left by the Aryans who invaded india and created the class system the original inhabitants (Dravidians) were described as being short black with kinky hair . They went on to conquer and subjugate these inhabitants of india mixing and having children with the women then later on putting these mixed breeds above pure Dravidians yet below pure aryans.

132. sent you a friend request

133. Theodora Anagor You are wrong, cited genetic analysis proves you wrong. Many Southern Europeans have darker skin because of the climate.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-d0K7nmzSQjA/TjCJSnEtZ8I/AAAAAAAAAEI/dDiMr4Y7mjM/s1600/Haplogroups+in+Europe,+pie+map.PNG Y Haplogroup Map of Europe, Spain and Italy both have Y haplogroups comon throughout Europe.

http://archhades.blogspot.ca/2011/06/northern-italians-are-biologically.html Genetics prove nothern Italians are more related to southern Italians, the Germanic mixture in Italy is low and only peaks at 10% maximum in the North.

You are also wrong, race is not determined by skin color. You are nothing but an afro centric black supremacist fool, black africans are not the original people in the middle east.

tinyurl.com/Sumerianstatues Some had blue eyes, none of them have black african featurs, never seen a pure black african grow a beard like that, american blacks all have at least 7-20% European DNA depending on the person

134. Fuquan Maleeck Where is the source for this info?

135. Robert Bellus have you not read any aryan literature?

136. Steve Eugène Olivier There is evidence piling up that debunk the out of africa theory.

There is obviously such thing as the Caucasian race. You can determine ones race by their skull measurements alone if they are not mixed.

137. Fuquan Maleeck No I don't spend much time with things like this, there must be an internet source or book this is from, the vedas? You are not being specific of where you got this information from.

138. Theodora Anagor Still can't come up with any proof? You are wrong about that for sure, this statue from the late Harpan period before the Indo Aryan migration.

Clearly depicted with a beard and a straight nose, those Adman Islander men don't even have the capacity to grow a beard.

139. For all those white people trying to justify the white Supremacist caste system, here is one of the people who you are insisting is white. http://atlantablackstar.com/2014/06/28/black-egyptian-told-us-classify-white/

140. And here is the original video where he states who is clack and who is African. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTKBaIUtqcY

141. Maryan Firpo says:

I love this article but damn, Colombian*, not Columbian. Columbia is the college, Colombia is the nation.

142. Roman Austin says:

Robert Bellus You're not proving anyone wrong Robert…You seem the typical undercover white supremacist type who can't accept truth. Caucasians originated from dark-skinned people. Whether you wan't to call them 'Black' or whatever it's up to you. I think it's pretty sad that you feel empowered by trying to deny your own history. Reading a few books written with European bias doesn't mean you know everything. But then people like you will reach for anything & try & pass it off as 'fact'. You say ''They always try to claim the originators of ancient egypt were black'' LOL. But you see your the type that, even if stone-cold evidence was presented right under your nose, you would still deny it. And then run around claiming you've 'proven' this & that. people like you are dangerous…intentionally cause confusion & spreading non-sense.

143. Steve Eugène Olivier Have you noticed that Arabs are Caucasians when they want to make up the numbers re:Histotical contributions, but sand Niggers when they do something that Caucasians don't like. The fact that black people have been on this planet over 340,000 years probably longer and Caucasians only a minute 5,500 to 6000 years, logic dictates that we were the only people on the planet, white supremacists will never come to grips, with because it would come into question the barbaric and wicked acts perpretrated on the original people.

144. That is more BS, the earliest humans were very different than the races we know of today. Hominids, Cro-Magnons and Neanderthals. You are nothing but a black supremacists, you don't see white people claiming to be the founders of any african civilization and I don't think white people founded ancient egypt, being white is associated with being European in origin. The founders of ancient egypt were surely not black.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9CkTGSFUSc Depictions of black nubians as enemies and foreign people in ancient egyptian art

145. Live YR You are denying stone cold evidence, not me.

Do you seriously think the originators of ancient egypt were black? It is fact that ancient egyptians depicted the black nubians to the south as different from them in their art and it is also fact that Ancient Nubia assimilated into ancient egyptian culture.

http://mathildasanthropologyblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/oldkingdomscribe.jpg Old kingdom statue, does this really look like a black man? Hahaha, the Old Kingdom period is the third oldest period in ancient egyptian history, before any mass foreign invasion

http://www.africanart.org/uploads/products/images/final_ife_frontbookcover_tiny_copy2.jpg Ancient nigerian statue, clearly there is a difference in facial features compared with the ancient egyptian one

Genomic Ancestry of North Africans Supports Back-to-Africa Migrations OVER 12,000 YEARS AGO! North African populations are distinct from sub-Saharan Africans based on cultural, linguistic, and phenotypic attributes;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_history_of_Egypt#DNA_studies_on_modern_Egyptians Genetics proves that only 10-15% of modern egyptians DNA has been influenced by foreign people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9CkTGSFUSc Depictions of black nubians different from ancient egyptians

http://mathildasanthropologyblog.wordpress.com/2008/07/21/mummies-and-mummy-hair-from-ancient-egypt/ Nubian mummies clearly had different hair texture compared to the non-nubian ones which had long straight hair like Caucasian people

http://mathildasanthropologyblog.wordpress.com/2008/07/22/the-faces-of-ancient-egypt/ Scroll down on here, the Fayum mummy portraits before the Arab invasions, it was revealed most of the portraits are not of greeks but egyptians

Published on 5 Oct 2012

Sumeria had close Neolithic ties to Egypt during its formative years leading to the spark of Egyptian
    civilization. No Nubians contributed to Egyptian state formation.

Stones, bones and DNA don't lie. Negrocentrics do. This vid provides a listing of the bulk of Egyptian genetics and their place of origin, in addtion to the anthropological aspect as well as a brief discussion on artifacts. The listing of artifacts is too massive for what is mentioned here. See also Egypt's Sumerian Relevation

146. Live YR This guy is a serious white supremacist, he is clueless, if they were not black what were they, Nubians and Egyptians are two different people both black, Africans migrated around the continent. Genetics and DNA state who they were 1500 years of an Arab invasion will not chage that. It is a waste of time trying to justify our history with someone so invested in white Supremacy to see and absorb the truth. My ancestors came from Egypt 2000 years ago and migrated west. The 19th and 20th century lies are being swept away with the truth, all his links are based on those outdated assertions. Africans are diverse yes, but that diversity does not change who we are, we need to give the white supremacists back their labels we are Africans, black is a denomination in their caste system. What he is trying to say in the caste system ancient Egyptians were brown not black, well technically if you want to use visual representation so are black people. It's all relative bullshit.

147. I also hope that the next generation think instead of quoting Smokey Robinson as if he's a social scientist or an expert on African history. Admiring a person's music shouldn't make us go blind to reality. Just because Europeans took ownership of the people they subjugated doesn't mean we must continue the idea that we have magically became their opposites. Think people, think until it hurt.

148. I find it laughable that it's considered rude to mistake a Chinese person for a Japanese person when East Asians are one of the most genetically homogenous groups in the world, yet blacks in America like the ones who run this site think it's cool to lump all African blacks (who have like 6-8 times as much genetic diversity as all "non-Africans" combined) and all dark-skinned "non-Africans" (who are more similar to whites and Asians than Africans not of Haplogroup L3) into one big group and then deny pale skinned "non-Africans" from being in that group. And if a non African is dark they call them black but if an African is light skinned or albino then they say "oh no they're black because they're African." The whole thing is just a dumb game of defining terms to however suits whoever whenever.

149. I take it they meant the Polynesian Islands, Hawaiian Islands, as well as the Americas when they say left Africa. Why do they have a Columbus day again?

150. They are black, but they are not African.

151. The article is not very accurate. Tauregs ate black Africans, they are not Arab in the least bit. Fulani are also black Africans.

152. Tauregs are black Africans.

153. We already know that they want to hide the knowledge from us in fact they are hiding a great deal of knowledge from us, more knowledge is hidden away from us than we can even imagine. But we have to stay diligent, find that knowledge and disseminate it to the masses because the truth shall set you free.

154. Side note Arabs dont consider themselves Caucasian.

155. Heru Salmon says:

Arabs are from Hejaz and are very dark skin. Some even darker than some africans. Eventhoug arabia is actually part of africa. The Yemenites are very dark skin arabs. Most of today people in the middle east are later people. They are arabs only through religion. But are not really ethnically arabs.

156. Phil Hicks says:

Race is a man-made construct.

157. Black civilizations of ancient Americas is fact. Long before the slave trade, Africa inhabited North, Central, and South America and left their footprint as proof; Black people, Colossal Stone Heads. Pyramids, etc..

158. I think this article does more to prove that race is based on general features that may or may not transcend their traditional racial classifications. Basically that race in our understanding is not genetically supported. It makes me say what is race? Rather than who is black?

159. Cisum Golden says:

No one wants to deal with the truth, we all play along like this is some real thing. You can say that the sky is red, put it in the history books and all the science books and raise all your children to understand the sky is red but it's BLUE, True blue! I've never met or seen a person with black skin and I've never met or seen a person with white skin. Two polar terms that denote the absence of color. I've seen people every shade of brown and every shade of pink. Earth people are colorful and each color has added to the other. "Black people" and "White people" don't live here, they never did!

160. 9/10 ' s of the globe/planet are people who are non white. 1/10th are white — the recessive gene. And, the Magnus Aurelius, thinks the 9/10th are going to listen to the 1/10th

161. The mix up among blacks started a long time ago but Arab is Arab and African is African

162. Angie Brooks says:

Something to argue about like always.

163. dark skinned people are the first human beings. the further you are from the dark skin the less first peoples of the earth you are.

164. Robert Aurelius you talk crazy.

165. Being black. Is not a colour.

166. Marquise Sign-Meanstreek Hart Actually our Nationality is ORIGINAL PEOPLES, and our race is DOMINANT. It is time we return to our coveted position.

167. Hugh Holmes says:

True Caucasians ain't white, Yolanda–just ask any Russian skinhead.

168. Hugh Holmes says:

Brown is nothing but a lighter shade of Black.

169. These people are Black with African ancestors because every human that has ever existed has African ancestors because Africa is where the human race originates from.

170. Strohb Kwache except for the neanderthals?

171. Hugh Holmes brown is brown.
    brown is technically not a lighter shade of black.

172. FG Michel says:

Robert Aurelius lol, reading this in 2015 "determine someones race by their skull measurement lol……you are still delusional.

173. Nonsense sorry, but think one more time about your story.

174. All of your comments are subjective. the fact that the African had circumnavigated the entire planet thousands of years ago, is were all these people get there color, there history traditions, and ancient beliefs.the proof is in stone and DNA.

175. Not to get all academic, but "Black" is a Western racial category that was exported to Africa (Africans became Black). For example, it's only because of terms with a racial undercurrent like "Sub-Saharan Africa", "MENA", and "Black Africa" that people think that North Africa and the rest of the continent are distinct. As an Eritrean-American, I'm not saying this to "other" myself from Black Americans, but more so to make the point that this paradigm of "Black" and "White" is only really applicable in the Americas, as the rest of the world is a gradient of skin tone. I get that the point of the article is to promote a pro-Black/Afro-diasporic identity, but it's a flawed oversimplification. Regardless of how you categorize them, they're still dark-skinned people and ALL the youth living in an increasingly globalized world are embracing Black American culture (which isn't novel, as Black American culture has always informed global Black culture, as well as global culture in general). Furthermore, we're already living in a country/world where privilege is associated with white skin and proximity to whiteness, so for the people in these pictures to be "Black", that would make their fairer-skinned compatriots "white", which isn't the best idea to be promoting, as you're doing precisely what White Americans are doing by expanding the definition of Blackness much in the same way that they're trying to expand the social definition of whiteness (which is after all, all that race is) to encompass people from the so-called Middle East, North Africa, the Arabian Gulf, and Central and South Asia. I'm not saying all this because I hold my blackness at arm's length, I don't; it's just an interesting and complex topic. All in all, in the words of K.Dot, F*ck Your Ethnicity.

176. They're coffee with a little too much cream in them

177. What difference does it make? God said we are ALL made in HIS image. I think HE performed a lovely world of humans. If you were raised to hate a certain ethnic group I do feel sorry for you. Because our Lord commanded us to ALL love one another. Amen.

178. Aala Devine says:

ACTUALLY, I SEE DIFFERENT SHADES OF BROWN NOT BLACK, INCLUDING IN AMERICA……MY FOUR YEARS OLD GRANDSON HAVE MORE COMMON SENSE THAN MANY ADULTS……HE TOLD ME HE IS NOT THE COLOR OF BLACK BECAUSE HIS SKIN COLOR IS THE COLOR OF BROWN.

179. I remember when we went from negro,colored to black. Never Like Black because it take away who we really are. There are so many East indians,Hispanincs and some Asians darker than me.Should they be call black because of their dark skin? If you are of a mix race ( with more than two groups) what do you call yourself. Having a father who's father was a cherokee and mother a german jew.A mother who of african decendent and also white. Where do I fit in. Should I be made to choose. Growing up I had to. Now I just want to be accepted as a person not a person of color . A person with a rich history and culture that i can share with my grandchildren.

180. You are teaching your 4 year old grandson ignorance. I ignorance is to ignore the standards of the vest majority of society. He's going to being devastated once he realizes that society sees him as BLACK. Black is not a color it's a heritage and a culture; a kinship to the original Africans, Arabs, and Asiactic dark skinned people.

181. Jacqueline Hardimon-Shandy, I don't know what difference the discussion of ethnicity makes, but in Black academia, history books of "Black" and "African" people are being rewritten. Our darker skinned people who are awake don't won't to hear about about a pale skinned God or King's James commissioned biblical teaching. Many will read your comment and say you are asleep.

182. Aala Devine says:

Jacqueline G. Gray…..LOL!!!!! YOUR BLACK SHIRT IS NOT THE SAME COLOR OF YOUR BROWN SKIN TONE…… We are Melanin enriched and the ORIGINAL people AROUND THE WORLD….if you foolish enough to except what your master/oppressor tell you, than that is YOUR issue and don't include me in your slave mentality way of life.

183. Aala Devine says:

I agree! It seems like too many people want to be "stuck on stupid"…..hanging on to every word their oppressor tell them.

184. Aala Devine says:

Melanin enriched people are the ORIGINAL around the world. Black and white race is a fictional classifications.

185. Aala Devine says:

Well said my brother!

186. Ronda Chambers Sorry; but this is America. Unfortunately, no matter what you choose for yourself, you're going to be classified by the color of your skin. There's that infamous one-drop rule. One drop of Black blood in 8 generations??

187. Race is used as a propaganda device to allow the abuse and theft of resources without having conscience. I often wonder what color will "the Lord" be when he returns?

188. Jacqueline G. Gray thank you!!!!!

189. Robert Aurelius, you are wrong. The progenitors/ancestors of ancient Egypt is an African/Black civiilization –they have the archaeological evidence. Tall, lean and Black, like the Masai tribe –star gazers/astronomers who travelled and built structures by mapping the constellations, from sub-Saharz

190. Check this out Black Genesis – all of history has been whitewashed. White washing history is a devilish thing to do –no doubt :

191. White people are not considered a race because they are a mutation!
    Black people are fathers and mothers of the human races!