Terrence Howard has finalized his divorce from Michelle Ghent.
After three years of nasty court battles, Howard and Ghent have finally reached an agreement and are no longer married. According to TMZ, the former couple reached a settlement on August 16 and have divided up their assets.
The split has been a particularly nasty one after both parties made slanderous accusations against each other. Ghent accused Howard of being physically abusive and beating her. She says the beatings started within a week of the two getting married. She also claims Howard threatened to kill her. According to TMZ, Ghent claims Howard told her “I’ll hit a woman quicker than I’d hit a man.” She also accused him of threatening to kill her. “If you tell anyone about my personal business, I will kill you and no one will ever know,” Howard allegedly said to his ex-wife.
Howard denied the allegations and even accused Ghent of physically attacking him twice with a bottle during a jealous rage.
Ghent filed a restraining order against Howard last year and, per the divorce agreement, it is due to expire next week and will not be made permanent. In addition to the restraining order, Howard was ordered to pay Ghent $50,000 to support her financially until an agreement was reached.
Howard claimed Ghent was racist and made comments like “[I] never wanted to marry a n*gger in the first place” and “[I] definitely didn’t want to be the step mother of some n*gger kids.”
The “Hustle and Flow” star also accused his ex of trying to extort him using recording she found on his computer and says she threatened to send Russian gangsters after him. “I have a lot of Russian friends who would do it as a favor,” Howard claimed his ex-wife told him.
The couple got married in January 2010 and were separated by February 2011. They don’t have any children together.