There may be a big lawsuit in preparation against the oldest and most renowned sorority founded for African American women.

Men interested in Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, also known as MIAKAs, are threatening to file a lawsuit against Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., a sorority founded at Howard University on Jan. 15, 1908. The group of men, whom all are homosexual, are alleging homophobia and gender discrimination by the sorority.

News of MIAKAs first surfaced a couple years ago when men founded an unofficial chapter of AKA at Texas Southern University and Prairie view A&M.

Members of the Greek community were shocked when the Tri Alpha Chapter of MIAKI presented photos of men adorned in pink and green and pearls, while throwing up their “pinkies.” People were even more shocked to learn the chapter had even filmed a probate show with sounds of the sorority’s famous call “skee wee” being heard in the background.

As the world is becoming more accepting of the LGBT community, MIAKAs may have a legitimate case. On Wed. May 9, Barack Obama made history by becoming the first president to officially endorse same-sex marriage.

We’re not too sure how we feel about this one. Is it homophobic and discriminatory for Alpha Kappa Alpha to deny homosexual men from joining?

Source: kollegekidd.com

30 thoughts on “Gay Men of MIAKA Allegedly Threaten AKA With Discrimination Lawsuit For Not Allowing Them to Join

1. IT is neither homophobic nor discriminatory. It is a WOMEN"S sorority! Men are not allowed. Has nothing to do with them being gay. Every time gay's do not get their way they cry homophobia. Please!

2. I THINK THEY SHOULD JUST CREATE THEIR OWN CHAPTER AND LET THE HISTORY OF THE AKA STAY AS IT IS. WOMEN SHOULD B ABLE TO HAVE THEY'RE OWN THING. WOMAN ALWAYS HAVE 2 SACRFICE 2 PLEASE EVERYBODY ELSE. I AM SURE THE AKA'S WOULD NOT MIND THEM STAYIN' THE MIAKA'S AND WORKING 2GETHER WITH THEM, BUT 2 TAKE AWAY THA SISTERHOOD OF THE SORORITY IS NOT FAIR. IT WON'T B FAIR 2 THOSE WOMAN WHO WANT TO PLEDGE LATER WHEN THEY GET 2 COLLEGE BECUZ IT'LL FEEL AS IF WOMEN DO NOT HAVE ANYTHIN' 2 THEMSELVES ANYMORE.

3. Ummm…yeah, I don't know about this one. I mean it is a Women's sorority.

4. Cherry Crank says:

Man, that is a hot damn mess. They do have gay fraternities why don't they go join one?

5. Don't ever think that a sorority that has been built and grown from decades and centuries ago will ever change because society does. Soros will stay true no matter what. Just create your own and let everyone else be.

6. What is this world coming to? The NERVE of these young men trying to sue a group of WOMEN because they can't join something intended for WOMEN. Just because Obama endorsed 'same-sex marriage' doesn't mean EVERYONE has to.

7. Arthur Bell says:

Me and my girl was talking about that Saturday. It's getting out of hand now.

8. I totally agree with you nephew.

9. I agree with MY President on most things but not this same sex marriage mess.

10. Jae Love says:

This is just disrespectful to akas

11. Tiffany Ebony Griffin says:

Gay men??? AKA's is a FEMALE organization. Why not just join Alpha's and STFU????

12. Erica Minor says:

noooooo. These dudes need to sit down. What are they accomplishing joining a WOMEN's organization? They are gay MEN. It doesn't matter how much they want to be women, they are not, and the sorority is made for women. There are gay frats, or they could join any other frat that is for men. Just like a girl can't be an alpha. It's not sexism, they are just different groups for different people.

13. Jae Love says:

Lmfao "why not join alphas and stfu?" Hahaha

14. Jae Love says:

Gay dudes always try and claim discrimination and homophobia when they don't get their way…. ummm no they need to make their own frat. And if they wanted to the ladies of AKA can sue for copyright infringement I'm sure..

15. Desmond Alexander says:

You CAN'T take away over 100 years of tradition. Why not start your own origination. There is a reason for Fraternity's and Sororities. This should not be allowed and will not hold.

16. Darius Holt says:

this is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. Too much time on your hands lead to dumb shit. its sad when your self esteem gets low enough to make not only a mockery of your life….but also other peoples. You are all lame and I dont respect you….hell…you dont even respect yourselves. This is sad.

17. Kenneth Bryant Jr. says:

I just don't understand this pursuit to be a part of these organizations. To imitate them. Form your own shit. Start your own tradition, and to hell with these outdated, will-die-on-the-vine organizations that continue to clutch to their tradition of homophobia, fraternity or sorority, black or white. To me these fellas look goofy here.

18. Kenneth Bryant Jr. says:

Unless they identify as trans, which would greatly alter these circumstances.

19. Jonimay Morgan says:

Super goof troop

20. I don't agree with these guys, but I have never heard of a Black Sorority who let in openly gay women.

21. Homosexual men are still men! The word sorority is from the Latin word soror, meaning "sister" respectively. I know you can call your friends your SISTER on the gay front, but he's really your brother. Form your lawsuite at the frats and leave the real sister's alone……No disrespect, but start your NEW organization, you can wear pink and green!

22. El Jo says:

sad and disrespectful are the only words that come to mind, they are men not women. I don't even see the point of there lawsuite even if they started there own organization it would be a fraternity not a sorority.

23. El Jo says:

i agree 100% kisha those men have no base to there lawsuite

24. Paul EncyclopediaBrown Berry says:

I'm gay as hell, but the actions of the MIAKA is what we call SUCH FAGGOTRY to the highest level. Unless their balls was cut off and grew breast all of a sudden…then they need to sit down _/ _/_/_/_/_/ have several seats. Soro and Frat have meaning in Greek letters…they need to learn the difference.

25. Paul EncyclopediaBrown Berry says:

Kisha…. I don't agree on everytime gays don't get there way…. but THIS GROUP MIAKA..yes I have to agree

26. Korrenzo Moore says:

I'm a gay man and I don't think it's discriminatory or homophobic. It's a female organization. They can't force the sorority to let them join. I am an avid supporter of gay rights but them joining AKA wouldn't benefit our community in any way.

27. Eric Fields says:

No the AKAs are NOT wrong for denying this ratchet ass foolishness