Russell Simmons has rushed to the defense of his ex-wife Kimora Lee Simmons and her marriage to Djimon Hounsou. According to reports, Kimora Lee was headed for a divorce due to money issues and a personality clash with Djimon. Russell’s name was dropped when it was believed his decision to stop funding his ex-wife’s lavish lifestyle caused the friction. Today, the media mogul is setting the record straight. Check out his statements via,
1. Kimora and Djimon are fine.
2. Kimora and Djimon are both doing extremely well in their respective endeavors and businesses and don’t need to fight over or waste energy on money issues.
3. I damn sure don’t pay nor have I ever paid alimony (Kimora does just fine). In no way do I support their lifestyle, so please don’t say they are fighting over MY money.
4. Yes she’s selling a house, but she hasn’t lived in it for several years since she built the house they currently reside in.
5. As for friction between us? There is none. I feel like I’m part of their family. Djimon and Kenzo are like my blood and Kimora is my best friend. We are partners in various businesses and in the really important business of raising our beautiful children.
We love Russell and Kimora’s relationship!