Racist Georgia Bar Owner Up to His Old Tricks With Outrageous Sign

The Georgia bar owner who has been under attack in the past for the racist signs he posts outside his bar is at it again, this time with a sign that calls President Obama a n*gger.

But the man, Patrick Lanzo, maintains that the sign, which reads “I do not support the n**gger in the White House,” is not racist.

“I say just because you’re offended by it doesn’t mean you don’t have the right to say something just the opposite,” Lanzo said in a report on Fox 5 in Atlanta. “I don’t feel bad about anything whatsoever. Therefore, they can go out and put their own sign in their own yard and I will not be offended.”

The man clearly takes a childish delight in taunting as many people as he can with the sign. A previous message he posted in 2009 said, “Obama’s plan for health-care: n*gger rig it.”

Asked about his usage of the n-word, Lanzo said, “Well, I’ve used it most of my life. There are different ways to put your opinion up, but that’s just the words I choose.”

He has advertised his Paulding County establishment as a “Klan bar,” so the man obviously knows his way around bigoted stupidity. And surely his messages go over quite well with his bar’s customers, who are probably snickering into their beers everytime another television station comes calling. So maybe it’s time for all of us to ignore Patrick Lanzo and his ignorant sign. And as for the residents of Paulding County who have to drive past it everyday…well, we feel your pain.

33 thoughts on “Racist Georgia Bar Owner Up to His Old Tricks With Outrageous Sign

1. Joe Kelsall says:

He is obviously a Georgian redneck. If there was a jew in the whithouse it would probably say ' I do not support the kyke in the Whitehouse' That's the way they are.

2. Anonymous says:

I don't either.

3. Kathy Lee says:

What a jacka$$!

4. Bobby Brewer says:

I agree with joe from liverpool.

5. Anonymous says:

Let's grow up. If the word is nigger, let's spell it out. No problem with fuck you, white bitch, ho, or whitey. Let's not make nigger sacrosanct.

6. Dave Ball says:

Here on the west coast of Canada he would go to jail for hate speech, and probably be sued out of existence by our human rights tribunals. No problem infringing on those freedoms, no harm comes of limiting characters like that.

7. Bre Esc says:

All you who attack him remember freedom is what the constitution says and all who would try to stifle his freedom of speech think is that had worked against Martin Luther King because censorship is censorship no matter who is doing it!

8. the harm is that your no better using a pseudo judicial tribunal to take on a case a b.c law court would not so that you can stifle any opinion that offends your pantywaist sensibilities.

I would say you also give them the self importance and validation that comes from their beliefs being oppressed.

There is no risk that this bigoted minority being allowed to express themselves freely will influence the majority of peacable British Columbians. Or do you think so little of people that the law must protect us from bad ideas?

9. Dave Ball says:

Eliminating overt hatred isn't bad. Nothing is lost. You're still allowed to be petty and uncouth and personally denigrate anyone whose opinion you disagree with. But promoting hatred against another or a group is both needless and wrong. Thus it's good to have codified measures when freedom from hatred is taken away. Let the haters justify that what they say is not harmful. At least they get their day in court for a fair hearing. If they can say it, let them back with reason.

10. Dave Ball says:

11. Dave Ball says:

Freedom of speech is not unequivocal or absolute. There are limits that even a freedom loving Georgian respects. Libel and slander come to mind, as do most obscentities, etc. In freedom-loving Colorado, I believe it is illegal to speak against the cattle industry.

And one quick point – your constitution doesn't discuss freedom of speech. I believe it is addressed in the first Amendment.

12. Bre Esc says:

I believe in this your wrong as long as what your saying doesn't endanger people(such as yelling fire )then all speech should be free.You have the right to be offended and respond in kind or not but I do defend the right of all people to say what they wish about what they want to as I will defend you in the same way!

13. Bre Esc says:

PS It's not my constitution I'm Canadian 🙂

14. Rebecca Higgins Meisner says:

@Joe Kelsall…I am a redneck and that is NOT they way we all are…you are stereotyping rednecks and I thought all you liberals were against stereotyping?!??

15. Rebecca Higgins Meisner says:

16. Day in court, fair hearing? are you a dullard? A human rights tribunal is not a court, the people who run the tribunal are not judges and usually not even lawyers. There are no "codified rules" to the process or balance of evidence like a court.
    And even if the accused proves they are a victim of a wrongful or completely fabricated accusation the tribunal allows no counter suit and the accuser is not liable for your legal costs (as they would be in a court).

There is no such freedom in the charter as "freedom from hatred" , learn what something is before you advocate it.

17. Joe Kelsall says:

Rebecca Higgins Meisner. I am afraid you are wrong. 'Redneckism' ( an Americanism) is in the mind. I once worked in Atalanta; in fact, stayed at the Atlantean Hotel, which had mainly black clients. It is a beautiful city.
    I was once at an official social function; the lady behind the food stall was black. A senior local government official, who knew I hated racism, came up to the counter looking for shelled Brazil nuts. Not seeing any, he said to the black lady " Have you got any ol' nigger toes". This was in April 1983; I have been back since and things haven't changed that much.

18. Can someone drag this guy, kicking and screaming , into the current century? , along with the rest of the Republican Party. Scheesh! What the HELL?

19. Anonymous says:

Shut up you jerk Betty. Just shut up. Stop tarring every Republican with your sick partisanship. These crackers were Democrats originally, and probably still are at heart.

20. Anonymous says:

Dave is from B.C. so just take the worst of LA and NYC and combine them and you'll know who you're dealing with. The worst sort of Leftists live in B.C. They have the lowest rate of happiness, the highest rate of suicide and enjoy the leanest sex life of any other Canadian group. The Canadian Human Rights Commission is a freedom crushing sham and has already been defeated at the courts level for it's total failure to follow any normal course of evidentiary proceedure.

21. Oh , now what ever happened to FREE SPEECH?? Oh, I forgot you guys are the Party of NO, NO to ANYTHING you disagree with. If the SHOE fits , wear it, if it doesn't , it doesn't. WHY does THAT bother you sooooo much??

22. Dave Ball says:

Generalizing is good? Seems to me your America is all about the individual, and freedoms without restraint yet without an iota of knowledge about me, you'd categorize me as the worst of two fictous groups based on not being hateful, and not supporting those who are? Wow, you need a little sugar in your life, sweeten things up a bit. Oh, my bad, you're anaonymously from happyville – a place so (ahem) "good" you won't even mention it in your profile, while I live in a place where there's so much demand to live here, each home probably costs more than your entire god-forsaken little town. Not that i mean to be generalizing.

23. I'm from Vancouver Island and I don't support your idea that real estate values in Vancouver equate righteousness. I Don't like hearing that My beloved B.C is a haven for idiots either. But it's hard to convince folks after You represent B.C with your "Nice people live in big houses and think the same" rhetoric.

You out yourself as a classist bigot, hope economic status (the poor) isn't an identifiable group under our hate speech laws. You just exposed them to hate, if you think anyone listens you should turn yourself in.

24. Please give us your rendition of "redneck". Are there varieties? Some good but others not?

25. Yes. If people could exercise self-control, we would not need laws.

26. Joe Kelsall says:

Canada? Free speech? Pardon me, but didn't Canada bar British MP george Galloway for his political beliefs?This was done at the behets of a Zionist group which was thrown out of the USA.
    Like his fellow countryman, Robert Burns, Galloway knows that the Canadian and USA administration are 'bought ans sold for Jewish gold!'

27. Dave Ball says:

Hmm, and yet we seem to get along, have a good standard of living, and don't feel the need to arm ourselves to the teeth. We're mostly trustful of one another. And for the most part, we don't spend our time denigrating others with trite and nasty ephitats, name calling and race-based hatred. Live and let live, eh.

28. John Bell says:

Rebecca Higgins Meisner All right to stereotype Black people with the N word?

29. John Bell says:

That is bull DB. But he would be made to take that sign down and hooray for that. According to that bar owner if I put up a sign calling his Mother a whore I am exercising free speech. Bull.

30. Will Cooper says:

The sign draws it's power from the author. When I first saw this, I laughed. Chris Rock would probably agree with me. It is so juvenile and tasteless. Don't let the author push your buttons.
    Obama has probably seen this and I can just imagine a smirk on his face, thinking, your a bit late Mr. Boss Hog!

31. Justus Mei says:

And what if G-D has a sign up that reads:

Patrick Lanzo, I do not support you in MY house.

Repent and turn wholeheartedly to HIM.

32. Victor Freeman says: