Translate »
Tuesday, November 25th, 2014

20 of the Most Stunningly Beautiful Black Women From Around The World

Damaris Lewis

Damaris Lewis has one of those faces you never forget. Born and raised in Brooklyn, New York, the 23-year-old model has stamped her beauty on the 2009, 2010, and 2011 Sports Illustrated swimsuit issues. Lewis is well trained in performing arts, has appeared in the music video for Kanye West’s single “Monster” and was selected by Prince to be his muse and dancer during his Welcome 2 Australia Tour 2012 with The New Power Generation.

Arlenis Sosa Peña

Arlenis Sosa Peña is a 24-year-old Dominican fashion model who went from battling the color prejudice of designers in the Dominican Republic to representing the most prestigious designers and fashion houses in the world. She is the current spokesmodel for Lancôme. She also appeared in the 2008 Victoria’s Secret fashion show. Arlenis is proud of her black heritage and has said: “We Dominicans should value the things we have principally our beauty, our country is black, not blond and blue-eyed.”

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Comments

1. Tomiko Fraser Hines says:

Thanks for including me on this list. I'm honored. : )

2. nice pick

3. Sherise Bright says:

inside and out:)

4. awesome!!

5. Congratz TFH.

6. Awesome

7. I saw you once on 6th Ave…I did a "double take…!!!"

8. … Well deserved!! Congrats Tomiko!

9. I saw Kenisha's pic and remarked about the quality of the photography…. I agree that your credits should have been included!!

10. Awesome! I agree. :-)

11. Jenelsbeth Brown says:

Wow a Trini made it on this list. Big up for Kenisha Thom!!!

12. wow!black is beautiful

13. Correction……Kenia Martinez is the 3rd black woman to win the Miss Universe Title…….Janelle Penny Commissiong & Wendy Fitzwilliam were 1st and 2nd respectively…..both from Trinidad & Tobago……

14. Lie, lie and dam lies!!!!!

15. Sunil…it's tough to not notice when Mark mentions it in the first sentence of his status.

16. They are all" Georgeous Women" and I was also on a Queen's Show Miss carnival Model 1977.

17. Do we fully appreciate how beautiful we are?

18. Do we fully appreciate how beautiful we are?

19. wendy is not only beautiful inside but outside also, she is actually the most beautiful woman in the world 4ft of leg and an absolutely stunning face. the model of this century

20. Correction again…..Kenia Martinez was 4th…..Miss Botswana Mpule Kwelagobe was the 3rd black woman

21. Where's Aboriginal Australia? [-0-]

22. Felix Abrahams Obi says:

HEY sis, maybe they think black people are only from Africa…

23. This may be true brotha – time to educate the black people about global black methinks :)

24. 2 from UK, England, Ghana but 0 from here. Spread the global love around I say…Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, New Caledonia, Vanuatu, Mauritius, Seychelles, Reunion Island, Madagascar, Comoros and so on and so on.

25. Felix Abrahams Obi says:

Yeah…it needs to be emphasized!!!

26. Felix Abrahams Obi says:

I may add that Nigerian model, Agbani Darego is also the first black woman to be crowned Miss World in 2001

27. …May I add myself to this list….

28. YES!

29. Another correction, I don't really watch Miss Universe, but I do kno this, 4 Black Women/Women of Afrikan Decent hav Won "The Miss Universe":Janelle Commissiong (T & T 1977), Wendy Fitzwilliam (T & T 1998), Mpule Kwelagobe ( Gaborone, Botswana 1999) & Leila Lopes (Angola 2011)!

30. Zayne Allysa Johnson says:

Definitely beautiful women. I just wish we could have seen pictures of them in their natural state, minus the make up and fake eye-lashes.

31. This is wonderful. Folks like you feed my fb addiction!! (thanx)

32. Take credit!

33. Micah Cummings says:

Absolutely.

34. Congrats to Kenia Martinez, Crown Ms Universe of Honduras. God's Speed in your future aspirations and endeavors. You are an excellent 'Role Model' for young people. Be Blessed

35. Gerrit Reiziger says:

Is that a question?

36. No, just honouring beauty…

37. Read this article in the Atlanta Black star were Iman and Naomi Campbell speak out about the lack of dark skinned models being presented in the media and put on the runways… Do you think this is one of the reasons why people are bleaching their skin?…dark skinned people are hardly anywhere to be see in the world of fashion arts and entertainment!!!….Do dark skinned people have less to identify with?

38. why not? you looks beautiful !!!

39. Brenton 'Danny' Scale says:

Gwaan mi Chyna!

40. Sam Cook if there's only 20 how could the love be spread around?

41. All lovely ladies no doubt! However, since you have one that is from India, how did she become black as opposed to Asian? I guess 19 out of 20 is OK LOL

42. See the math above Gary -2 from UK, England, Ghana – a huge chunk of the world was not on the periphery. Happens too often. Comes down to education I feel.

43. …Gems galore…

44. Kenisha,,,my Cuz..of course a realbeauty ,,bless her

45. Thank you Mark… Your eye is the keenest… Indeed, Kenisha is one of the most beautiful under the gaze of the heavens! What a rare moment caught by you! Congratulations!

LeRoy

46. They got it right! YOU are stunning beautiful! : )

47. Roger Baptiste Wendy wasnt 2nd she was third . Chesea smith from U.s was 2nd. Trinidad and Tobago should feel very proud out of the five we have two including the first.

48. Danielle ☥ Toppin says:

i just hate when they write things like "Most Beautiful Black Women" though…can't people just write 20 of the most beautiful women around the world and they all be black?

49. External looks are just a wrapper. True beauty comes from within :)

50. Anna Lee Loy says:

I don't know if the original text was changed…..but it says "Kenia Martinez, 26, was crowned Miss Universe HONDURAS 2010 and is the second black woman to win the title"…..which means she was the second black woman to win the miss universe honduras title….the local leg of the competition

51. Danielle ☥ Toppin …yes..crossed my mind..I just lacked the skills to Hack this site! :(

52. Lisa Besley says:

Roger Baptiste I don't think you read the article correctly. It said she was the 2nd black woman to win Miss Universe Honduras not Miss Universe.;-) In other words she was the 2nd black woman IN Honduras to win the title.

53. And their goals are…world peace. *rolls eyes* How lovely how all of them are models.
    Scoured the world and could not come up with a single beautiful black woman who like…had a career not solely based on her looks?

54. Julie Williams says:

Dark skin equals black…how else could she get that way? We're global… Putting myself on the list :-)

55. Out of the 20 women I must agree that about 6 are really beautiful including Kenisha Thom . Credits should only be given to the Makeup Artist for the others.

56. The title of this article should be "20 of the Most Stunningly Beautiful Women From Around The World".

57. Julie Williams You ARE beautiful. Thanks for the scenery, NUFF Said!!!

58. Danielle ☥ Toppin Darn, they ARE the Most beautiful BLACK women. Don't be too dense. They are talking about 'BLACK' women. Don't read into it what is not intended. NUFF Said!!!

59. K Dot Azikiwe Dude, why would you want to hack anything with which you don't agree? Give us the opportunity to see for ourselves. Don't censor on our behalf. NUFF Said!!!

60. Kenisha Thom you will always be my number 1 because u're beautiful inside and out. Love u princess

61. Black women are God's truly BEAUTIFUL creations or for those who prefer EVELUTION.

62. Absolutely heart stopping GORGEOUS!!

63. These women are lovely looking , but I think you should have included the stunning looking black Saudi Arabian pop star waed

64. come to Jamaica!

65. what about the lady that won Miss World some years back from nigeria

66. Agbani,right?dnt mind dem

67. Agbani my brother,she deserve to be here.

68. Certainly

69. Am happy that there's a ugandan on this long list of models.

70. Beautiful women indeed every one of them.

71. the only unattractive one is Rissikat Bade. But I wonder what percentage of these "black" women are actually biracial.

72. Leila Lopes, wow!!!!!!!!!!!

73. So black women with the least traditional black features are the "most beautiful"??? such a message coming from a so-called black magazine. The more things change the more they remain the same. Of course you can be as dark as you want to be, as long as your features appear "mixed-race", be it with Indian, Chinese, white, whatever…..

74. You fail to realize that if you travel throughout the entire continent of Africa and meet all the different type of indigenous people living there…you will find every single "physical feature" known. Wide noses, pointy noses, large eyes, small eyes, coiled hair, naturally wavy hair, dark brown skin, light brown skin, etc are all found on different types of indigenous african people…don't let the european classification of things fool you. I can show you an african man with skin that is virtually the color black with a nose as pointy as any Nordic man. Don't forget Africans are genetically more diverse than the rest of the world combined.

75. When has a competition or magazine/tv/online feature highlighting the most beautiful women, ever shown the women in their "natural state" I've never seen that. And for the ones wearing make-up, for majority if not all of them the noticeable make-up worn does nothing to enhance their beauty and if anything detracts from it. I see the natural beauty of all of them, which can not be said for many of Hollywood's Darlings whose beauty is directly correlated to how much make-up they have on.

76. Anonymous says:

This list is official. However, I would suggest you see http://ConfidenceLives.Tumblr.com to see a more complete list.

77. Katrina Coakley says:

…are we looking at the same women? I was thinking the exact opposite. I guess this just goes to show that "tradition" is relative.

78. Black Women are the most Beautiful Women In the Whole Wide World!!!

79. I am a white guy, but Veronique Boubane is the most beautiful Miss Everything, wow, you go girl! I am absolutely awed by her beauty:)

80. Joelle Kayembe is an absolute Goddess:)))

81. Lydia Marsha and Joelle Kayembe are the epitome of Beauty!

82. This doesn't sound well searched and studied before posting it here ! First of all where is The Famous Liya Kebede ( the first African ever to be on the cover of vogue before anyone else , and also she is the spokesperson for united nation ) I believe she is from East Africa . And Also the first Immigrant Non-Israel , African woman who won Miss-Israel in 2013. and She is also studying law and one of the most influential person in Europe. So I would say dig it well !!!!

83. Did you notice the one thing they have in common, besides God's gift of being beautiful? No Graffiti (tattoos) on that art work!

84. Deborah Rosanwo says:

I'd better put myself up as well! Chubby cheeks, luscious lips and a mocca complexion with a touch of cinnamon…I pass!

85. All the women are stunning, but how can you leave off Miss Black USA, which CELEBRATES the diverse beauty of Black women who come in different shades and sizes. http://www.missblackusa.org

86. MISS ETHIOPIA 2004 IS MISSING; SAYAT DEMISSIE

87. Reggie Edu agreed.

88. you belong there

89. Donna Marie says:

Very Nice!

90. Chyna Whyne, you should definitely add yourself. Your beauty is inside and outside (inward and outward); it radiates from within. I don't know about theirs.

91. Qalanjo Qali says:

where is IMAN? the most famous African supermodel in the world. The first black woman on vogue magazine.

92. Reggie Edu , all you did was STILL solidified what I stated. There are all types like you have described, yet ONLY those with the features closest to Europeans are ALWAYS featured. My statement was simple and FACTUAL. If anything, you fail to acknowledge the trend. No where in my statement did I imply that Africans are not genetically diverse. I don't give much attention to FB hence my delayed response. You cannot school me on my heritage. FYI: Majority of Africans have broader noses etc, hence the TRADITIONAL clause. In all aspect of probability, the "more likely" or "majority" take precedence.

93. Katrina Coakley , I guess you're off on another trail, it's clear that you would agree with anything that appears to bring you further away from how "Black" is predominantly represented.

94. Teaching the word of God, Mark 6:5 tells us “He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them.” Jesus also got tired and slept (4:38), something we would never expect an all-powerful God to do. Yes, Jesus at His first coming had limitations – limitations he placed on himself. This is clearly stated in Philippians 2:5-8:

“… Christ Jesus:
    Who, being in very nature God,
    did not consider equality with God something to be used to His own advantage;
    rather, He made himself nothing
    by taking the very nature of a servant,
    being made in human likeness.
    And being found in appearance as a man,
    He humbled Himself
    by becoming obedient to death—
    even death on a cross!”

In the Mark 6:5 incident, Jesus was in His hometown of Nazareth where they 'took offense at Him' (Mark 6:3). The crowd was so hostile to Him that they even wanted to kill Him (Luke 4:28-30). Jesus was amazed at their lack of faith (Mark 6:6). But there were a few sick people who believed in Him and He healed them (Mark 6:5). If you are bleeding to death and only a blood transfusion can save you but you fiercely reject the only doctor who can provide the transfusion, the doctor can't do anything to save you.

As for the healing of the blind man (8:22-26), couldn't Jesus have healed him immediately? Of course, He could have but He chose to make it a process. Why? Because, Jesus healing of the man is an illustration of how some people come to faith in Jesus. Immediately after this healing we have the passage where Peter confesses Jesus as the Christ (8:27-30). Peter has recognised something of who Jesus really is, but he doesn’t yet see this clearly (like the blind man only seeing partially at the start), since Peter then rebukes Jesus when Jesus says he must die (8:31-32). So this healing is an illustration, not a limitation of Jesus.

If you are still not convinced that Jesus is all-knowing and all-powerful, please read the passages below.

Revelation 1:12-18
    I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, and among the lampstands was someone like a son of man, dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. In his right hand he held seven stars, and coming out of his mouth was a sharp, double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.
    When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One; I was dead,and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

Philippians 2:9-11
    Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
    and gave him the name that is above every name,
    that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
    in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
    and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
    to the glory of God the Father.

95. Jamaica should be ashamed because all they do is promote those girls that are of brown complexion. and putting down our girls of the darker complexion, this results in our dark sisters bleaching themselves and damaging their beautiful skins. Jamaica has less truly beautiful black women with the bleaching and weaving of false hair at an alarming rate. Our black women do NOT love themselves because the men in this country craves brown or lighter colored women.
    Thiis explains why we have so many high colored beauty queens.

96. Katrina Coakley says:

"Clearly?" Not so much. I'm well aware of when/where we are represented and when/where are not, oftentimes because I'm a person who puts my time where my heart is. I won't get into marketing, stereotypes, real-life representation or the lack thereof with you. Just know that you are not in a position to be clear on anything regarding me.

97. Nice list

98. I disagree with your "least Black feature" comment.

99. My sisters are definite deserving are any beauty showcases. I love it….www.asfut.com

100. I love this! Maybe you all could revise the title to describing "women of African decent" instead of "black women" seeing that "black" is a socially constructed word derived and used by Americans only. Just a suggestion because there are many beautiful Afro-descended women on this list that aren't "black" or African-American women.

Thanks for posting! Share more like these :)

101. Kay Turner says:

oh shut your mouth. Jamaica made the list.

102. Kay Turner says:

Reggie Edu well said!

103. Kay Turner says:

Trackbacks

1. […] 20 of the Most Stunningly Beautiful Black Women From … – Sep 18, 2013 · When has a competition or magazine/tv/online feature highlighting the most beautiful women, ever shown the women in their “natural state” I’ve never …… […]