Come join one of the fastest growing digital news sites catering to an African-American/Black audience. Diamond Diaspora Media is looking for an ambitious and driven individual to join our team as an Executive Assistant. The ideal candidate must be highly organized, resourceful, and extremely detail oriented. Our leading digital property Atlanta Black Star was recently named the #1 Black-owned news site in the U.S. We’re looking for individuals who can help us get to #1 in the world by providing personalized and timely support to executive members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process and manage confidential material and information with a high level of discretion
- Provide support to the executive teams to increase productivity and efficiency of the teams
- Keep track of executive team’s projects, provide support where needed to ensure completion
- Plan and coordinate corporate meetings, develop presentations for related on and off-site meetings
- Prepare financial statements, reports, memos, invoices letters, and other documents
- Manage calendars, schedule and prepare all travel plans for the executive team
- Prepare and submit for review the executive’s travel and entertainment expense reports and ensure all reports are processed and filed in a timely manner
- File and retrieve corporate records, documents, and reports
- Research and compile industry specific data to prepare documents for review and presentation for executives
- Accurately record minutes from meetings
- Use various software, including Microsoft office suite, databases, and presentation software.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming faxes, emails, and other correspondence
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS:
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration preferred or equivalent professional work experience
- 4-7 years Administrative support experience, supporting C-Level Executives
- Must be well-organized, have great time management skills and be able to act without guidance.
- Be extremely adaptable to the ever-changing needs of a fast-growing media company
- Strong track record of providing assistance to C-level and/or VP-level executives in a corporate setting
- Proactive in anticipating the executive’s needs and handling situations that may arise
- Ability to create professional, high quality presentations with appealing style (e.g., font, spacing, color, etc.)
- Have a proven ability to drive projects forward while simultaneously multitasking in an environment with shifting priorities
- Be a strong problem solver, including having both the ability to discover a problem and to solve it creatively and collaboratively
- Have the utmost discretion with access to sensitive company and personal information
- In-depth understanding of entire MS Office suite
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate vis numerous mediums
- Knowledge of company operations, policies, and procedures
- You must have a thirst and drive to work and have the initiative to get the job done!
Email your resume to [email protected]