Atlantablackstar.com has an immediate opening for a Digital Video Producer. Candidates should be familiar with producing multiple formats of digital video and editing for online platforms. They must also have exceptional interviewing skills and a balanced reporting aptitude.
As Digital Video Producer for ABS, the candidate will be responsible for doing whatever it takes — long hours, hard work, etc. — to pitch quality stories and produce broadcast quality video content for a critical multi-cultural audience that crosses several demographics.
Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for ideating multiple 3-5 minute videos per week in collaboration with your supervisor and the ABS editorial team. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of news as it relates to digital and be able to exhibit sound judgment while working in a high-pressure environment.
The candidate is expected to have a keen editorial instinct to produce video concepts from digital stories on the site and evaluate leads and tips to develop original story ideas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- DVP will help ideate, create, produce and post video content for ABS’s website and social media platforms
- Supports all stages of the production process including; conceptualization, scripting, production management and post-production
- Work independently, as well as part of a team to establish project deliverables
- Arranges and conducts pre-interviews, writing outlines, interview questions, scripts, managing shoots and directing film crews on location
- Maintains project budget, weekly shoot schedule, and supervises post-production through delivery
- Ensures that all content is technically and editorially sound while working with other producers and supervisors to keep the site current and compelling
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously in various stages of production on a given day. Projects have varied ranges of production value and budget.
- Delivers a high degree of confidence and customer service while working with partners and other departments.
- On the job learning of core solutions, products and services so there is thought leadership in the creative process.
- Preferred knowledge of website-based reporting, preferably of content-based managed systems.
- Record and edit video and sound projects, including selecting program format for final output, capturing/importing media, organizing raw media, editing footage and sound files, creating and inserting static and motion graphics, titling, adding music/voice-over/sfx, media management and archiving project media
- Manage video library
- Evaluate analytics
Requirements for Success:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher is preferred
- A minimum of two years of professional experience in radio, television, film, sound or news media in a corporate environment.
- Strong technical skills in video, audio, pre-production, and post-production. This includes in-depth knowledge of various HD and SD formats, planning, studio and field production, lighting/grip, scriptwriting, storyboarding and photography.
- Mastery of camera operation especially the Canon C100. A thorough understanding of various types of cameras, different lenses and how to create a certain shot is crucial.
- Mastery of editing software such as or Adobe Premier Pro, Final Cut Pro X, Adobe After Effects. Adobe Premiere is preferred.
- Ability to work irregular hours to meet deadlines which may include evenings, weekends.
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills, exceptional attention to detail, the ability to thrive in a team environment, and an aptitude for making quick, quality decisions.
Competitive salary + benefits
Send all resumes to [email protected]