DDM is a narrative company. We publish narratives intentionally and specifically to enlighten and transform the world.
Join the #1 Black-owned digital news source in the nation. Our digital media property Atlanta Black Star is looking for rock stars to help us grow to #1 in the world!
We have an outstanding opportunity for a 2D/3D Motion Graphics Animator to join an exciting and growing International News Organization located in Atlanta Georgia. The position is initially contract work but can evolve into a long term position/relationship. Were looking for well-rounded Animators who can do it all.
- Using provided scripts and storyboards to help create motion graphics and animated videos from start to finish.
- Draft animated ideas from scratch when storyboards are not provided.
- Establish character blocking, camera positioning and animate camera movement.
- Create realistic and compelling character animation following the 12 principles of animation.
- Animate creatures, props, and vehicles.
- Effectively evaluate and manage time, resources and deadlines to produce desired products both individually and as part of a team.
- Work with Graphics Supervisors, co-workers and production staff to determine needs and facilitate execution of projects.
- Understanding of cinematic language, camera terminology and have the ability to use motion blur, depth of field and other effects, to create realism.
- Possess an artistic eye for detail and understands the technical specifications for each project.
- Possess a strong sense of composition, color, and animation timing.
- Maintain high consistent standard of quality and speed.
- Understand shot continuity of sequence to help guide shot creation.
- Work well on a team and successfully take direction from a supervisor.
- Adapt quickly and accept change – often have to toss out ideas and start fresh.
- To be considered: include your resume, demo reel/ portfolio link, and demo reel breakdown (or, alternatively, a written detailed breakdown/contribution) with your application.
- Your demo reel and breakdown should include both character and camera layout/animation to be considered.
- 1-3 years of professional experience creating motion graphics for a creative team or agency.
- Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design or a related field.
- Expert in using After Effects and Cinema 4d.
- Experienced in entire Adobe Creative Suite.
- Comfortable in both a Mac and PC environment.
- Must be agile and able to work in an active, fast paced news environment where priorities can change.
- Must be able to create stand out materials beyond regular news graphics.
- Must be able to develop on-brand creative across platforms and media utilizing audio, video and graphic design.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and with other teams in the network.
- Requires creativity, organization, maturity and ability to meet specific deadlines under stressful production conditions. Must have ability to work with and take direction from others. Must have ability to work varied hours as required to produce finished products.
- 2D graphics will be required for animations and you will be expected to design 2D Illustrator graphics to be animated in After Effects.
- The ability to animate 3D stock assets, characters, motion graphics is a plus
Salary: Competitive salary + benefits + bonus
Forward all resumes to [email protected]