The Akhet Contract: A Social Covenant for Rebirth
We the sons and daughters of Africa, declare a renaissance for our people.
The undesirable socio-economic and political conditions of our people — after 500-plus years of global genocidal wars, slavery, colonialism and systematic dehumanization and degradation — beckons for a rebirth.
In response to that call, we look to the horizon at the rising of a new sun as a sign of the dawning of a new age, the age of Akhet.
Through the Akhet Covenant we redefine our social relationships and behaviors towards each other and the world.
The purpose of which is the producing of the necessary and sufficient power to create a new socio-political and economic ordering of society that benefits our people.
As such, I, as a signee, am willing to submit myself to be guided by the tenets of the Akhet covenant and encourage others to join this beloved community.
Section 1: Identity
- I recognize that a pre-condition of lasting unity among any people is a shared sense of common identity, which supersedes all other forms of identity.
- As such, I commit to identifying myself as a person of primarily African ancestry and our people as an African people to whom I irrevocably pledge my allegiance.
- I will strengthen, preserve and love my mind, body and spirit. I will not support or allow the exploitation of African bodies by those who see them as only labor or profit.
Section 2: Social Relations
- I commit myself to honoring and revering our elders and ancestors.
- In order to foster a spirit of happiness, fraternity, solidarity, allegiance and primary loyalty among our people, I commit myself to always acknowledging and greeting others with kind gestures.
- I further commit to loving, respecting and protecting myself, my family and our people above all else.
- I commit to willingly participating in open and honest dialogue as the primary method of resolving any and all misunderstandings, disagreements and conflicts with any of our people.
- I commit to never initiating violence against any person.
- I commit to never participating in the spreading of gossip and falsehood.
- I commit to doing everything legally possible to provide sufficient resources for the development of my family members.
- I commit to being more trusting and trustworthy in personal, social and business relationships with other brothers and sisters.
- I commit to working in a spirit of harmony with other brothers and sisters to produce the necessary and sufficient social power to solve all social ills and deal decisively with all social obstacles.
- I commit to refrain from conspiring or working with other groups to undermine, sabotage or prohibit the development of Black/African people
Section 3: Economics and Business
- I commit to willingly working in a spirit of harmony with other brothers and sisters and supporting all reasonable and trustworthy efforts to produce the necessary and sufficient economic power to create economic independence and security for our people.
- I commit to using my personal economic power to support all Black-owned business entities whose owners are parties to the Akhet Contract.
- I commit to donating a percentage of my income to assist in funding Black-owned organizations and institutions that are party to the Akhet Contract.
Section 4: Education, Intelligence and Information
- I commit to working in a spirit of harmony with other brothers and sisters and supporting all reasonable and trustworthy efforts to create a positive intelligence power differential between our people and all other groups of people.
- I commit to learning and assisting in educating all social strata of our people on the ideas of our cultural unity, fraternity and solidarity for the sake of cultivating a sense of devotion, responsibility and cooperation for the general interest of our cause in all areas of human activities.
- I commit to sharing my information and assisting in gathering all necessary and sufficient information about our people, other peoples, the world and best practices for the sake of educating our people.
Section 5: Organizations and Institutions
- I commit to working in a spirit of harmony with other brothers and sisters and supporting all reasonable and trustworthy efforts to create a co-dependent system of organizations and institutions that work to produce sufficient power for our people to control our own lives and destinies.
Section 6: Development and Management of Tools and Resources
- I commit to working in a spirit of harmony with other brothers and sisters and supporting all reasonable and trustworthy efforts to develop the needed tools, resources and technological power to support our people’s development and rise.
- I commit to working in a spirit of harmony with other brothers and sisters to learn and practice the most efficient and effective methods for managing and developing our resources for the primary benefit of our people.
Section 7: Political Organizations
- I commit to joining and or starting groups that serve the political interest of the Black community and world by creating the necessary and sufficient power for us to create Black institutions and bodies that serve the needs of the Black Community
- I commit that when I engage in electoral politics (local and or national) I will take the positions that further the rights and power of the Black community and world that allows us to control our environment and surroundings and to create a societal structure of our own
Section 8: Defense and Security
- I commit to working in a spirit of harmony with other brothers and sisters and supporting all reasonable and trustworthy efforts to create a system of necessary and sufficient institutions and organizations to protect our people and secure our collective and individual interests in the world.
Section 9: Media, Art and Entertainment
- I commit to working in a spirit of harmony with other brothers and sisters and supporting all reasonable and trustworthy efforts to create a system of media institutions and organizations to manage, produce, distribute and monetize content on all platforms to neutralize negative propaganda against our people and to promote the best images of ourselves.
This is a working document. To assist in editing and/or make suggestions, please contact: [email protected][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]