The cause of Amy Winehouse’s death has been confirmed on Tuesday by a second coroner after another investigation concluded that the songstress died after consuming fatal amounts of alcohol.
The English songstress passed away in July of 2011 after a long battle with drugs and alcohol, but the official cause of her death was yet to be announced.
The original inquest produced the same results, but after it was discovered that the coroner lacked the proper qualifications the hearing was annulled.
The original coroner has been hired by her husband who is the senior coroner for inner North London, but she was not a registered lawyer in Britain for the required five years.
According to Shirley Radcliffe, the second coroner to investigate Amy’s death, the Grammy-winning crooner indeed “died as a result of alcohol toxicity.”
In other words, there is no longer any doubt that Winehouse’s death was caused by her own actions and there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding her death.
The “You Know I’m Not Good” crooner “voluntarily consumed alcohol – a deliberate act that took an unexpected turn and led to her death.”
Back in 2011, Winehouse’s body was discovered by her body guard and had empty vodka bottles scattered all around the room in her London home.
The second coroner confirmed that Amy’s blood alcohol levels were five times that of the legal limit and reached a point where the soulful singer could easily “fall asleep and not wake up.”
The inquest lasted over 45 minutes at St. Pancras Coroner’s Court, but Amy’s family chose not to attend.
Perhaps the most tragic fact about the beehive-haired singer’s death is that doctors revealed she was actually on her road to recovery.
It was a tragic and unfortunate relapse that caused the “Rehab” songstress her life at such a young age.
After years of some extremely bizarre behavior and strange public appearances, her doctor portrayed a very different side of the troubled soul.
Winehouse was actually “a highly intelligent individual, very determined and willful” according to her doctor Christina Romete.
Unfortunately, she was indeed a rebel and frequently failed to follow through with her doctor’s orders.
After Romete urged Winehouse to seek psychological help, she rejected the idea set out to solve her drug and alcohol problems herself.
She managed to get off of some very serious drugs including heroin and crack cocaine, but she was still never able to completely put down the bottle.
After remaining sober for about two weeks, Amy began binge drinking for what would be the last time in her life.
“She said she started drinking again because she felt bored,” said Romete who saw Winehouse the day before she died. “I asked Amy if she was going to stop drinking that evening and she said she did not know.”
Fans are still debating if Amy downed bottle after bottle of vodka on purpose to commit suicide or if it was truly just an unfortunate turn of events after the singer began drinking again to heal her pain and apparently her boredom.