Busy entrepreneurs tend to THINK they are accomplishing a lot when in fact they are just – busy. Often there is a lot of spinning in circles and doing stuff that isn’t really generating much traction. Which means we can be busy but not really accomplishing very much.
NEWS FLASH! Busy is NOT a success strategy.
Busy is a state of mind.
It’s a habit that we adopt at some stage in our life. Here are some of the signs you are busy at the expense of achieving higher levels of success:
- You have multiple projects going but none of them are actually making enough money.
- Can’t slow down to get organized so you spend a lot of time looking for things.
- Time evaporates so you are often late to meetings (or miss deadlines completely)
- Because you are moving so fast you never actually complete any of your projects so you have a lot of half-finished ideas (and that drains your energy.)
- You always seem to move on to a new opportunity before any of your offerings ever make as much money as you’d like.
- There is never enough time for the “big dream” such as writing the book or pursuing the business you’d really love to have (let alone taking a vacation.)
- Exhausted and worn-out, you often sink into the couch with your remote control to recharge but can’t imagine taking a real vacation where you get away for a week or two.
- Even though you are slammed all day long and into the night you don’t seem to ever complete your to-do list!
Why does busy become a habit?
In my research through coaching thousands of entrepreneurs through the MoneyDNA Mastery process I’ve discovered that busy is born from a limiting belief.
On some level you believe you have to work non-stop to get ahead. Perhaps a career in your past you had more projects than you could ever accomplish and it became a habit to always be busy. Or, like many small business owners, you want a certain amount of income but you are not charging enough or your programs are not profitable yet…
Read more: Success Connections