DDM is looking for a creative, collaborative, and zealous Social Media & Audience Development Manager to help expand DDM’s content reach and drive long-term audience growth and engagement. You will be DDM’s go-to expert for all things audience, collaborating with internal teams as well as third-party contractors to find and engage new readers interested in news and information about the Black community.
The ideal Social Media & Audience Development Manager candidate will have a track record of delivering audience growth and identifying new expansion opportunities for a variety of digital products and properties. You’ll be an SEO specialist and a newsletter strategist, as well as a creative team player who likes problem-solving and is an authority on social media distribution and digital publishing best practices.
You will have a strong ability to juggle daily duties with long-term planning, along with the ability to easily articulate the day’s priorities to a team of audience development experts and up to the companies executives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own DDM’s audience growth by designing and executing innovative solutions to attract and retain more visitors to DDM’s content experience through social media, newsletters, organic search, etc.
- Manage and motivate team of audience development experts across all relevant platforms and channels
- Help DDM understand and interpret the behavior of its users and the content they consume
- Identify emerging distribution platforms and assist editorial in developing and experimenting with new content opportunities
- Track progress in daily and weekly reports across various metrics
- Use data to spot opportunities and refine strategy
- Collaborate with our analytics, marketing, and product teams to drive user growth and engagement
- Has a finger on the pulse of social media landscape of key celebrities and discourse to assist content team in uncovering breaking stories on social platforms.
- Use analytics to optimize performance and maintain consistent growth
- Ensure audience developmental goals are being met
- Maintains awareness of competitors’ strategies and practices and informs DDM of where we’re behind – and ahead.
- Work closely with content team to ensure each story is optimally distributed
Requirements for success:
- At least four years’ experience in audience development with a digital media company
- Three or more years’ experience in social media management
- Passionate and knowledgeable about cultural discourse in the African-American community
- Collaboration and organizational skills, deadline-conscious, and goal-oriented
- Proficient in digital media content distribution strategies, analytics, and SEO
- Strong working knowledge of Google Analytics
- Exceptional attention to detail with ability to multitask
- Self-starter, highly motivated to succeed under minimal supervision
- Must be able to work some weekends, including holidays
- Excellent teamwork and leadership skills, strong work ethic and passion
- Proven ability to come up with creative concepts
- Ability to work irregular hours to meet deadlines which may include evenings, weekends.
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Email all resumes to [email protected]