Love & Hip Hop Season 2 Recap: Chrissy Lampkin Beats Down Kimbella

Love and Hip Hop season 2 premiered with a bang as heated ex’s came out swinging…well one did anyway. Chrissy Lampkin (current fiance to rapper Jim Jones) threw the first blow at newcomer Kimbella just as the show was ending!

The rumble erupted when Kimbella, girlfriend of Dipset member Juelz Santana, announced that she previously dated rapper Fabolous while he was still seeing then girlfriend Emily Bustamante who was also pregnant at the time with their now three year old son.

Although most of the girls seem to agree that Emily doesn’t always defend herself as well as she should, Chrissy was more than ready to pick up the slack.

“I think everybody that watches the show feels like Emily doesn’t defend herself the way we would like to see her do.”

According to MTV, Chrissy later explained that while she didn’t regret her feelings, she regrets the manner in which she chose to express them.

“I don’t regret my feelings, but I regret the way I allowed myself to be pulled out of character.”

She continued;

“It’s crazy to put your hands on somebody like that. It’s just that I was so hurt and so caught in the moment, it was just reactional. I just reacted to the pain. I know it’s gonna sound crazy, but it wasn’t really personal.”

Crazy indeed, Chrissy delivered a beat down so explosive you would have thought Kimbella confused her ex’s and said she was dating Jim Jones. Quite frankly the anger was entirely misdirected given Fabolous was primarily at fault since he rarely acknowledged he was even in a relationship with Emily at all.

(Love & Hip Hop at the preview party in NYC this past weekend)

The fight also made things uncomfortable with close friends and rap cohorts Juelz Santana and Jim Jones. Jim explained that although their situation is presently “awkward”, the brawl didn’t completely sour the relationship.

“If it was a fight with anyone else, it wouldn’t matter to me, but due to the fact that Juelz is my brother, it’s a little bit different.”

Jones admits that things could have taken a turn for the worse between the two, but luckily their friendship was strong enough to withstand the strain.

“It could’ve put a little strain on things if it didn’t go the way that it did, shout out to Juelz; he’s a good dude man,”

Meanwhile, Chrissy later admitted that although she should have exhibited a greater degree of self control she’s made peace with the situation and moved forward.

“I’m human and I love hard. I saw my friend being hurt and that’s what I reacted to. I know it’s about self control and I’m working on it. I’m not happy about it but it happened so I’m moving on.”

Do you think Emily’s response was appropriate to Kimbella’s revelation? Did Chrissy overreact?

0 thoughts on “Love & Hip Hop Season 2 Recap: Chrissy Lampkin Beats Down Kimbella

1. Amanda Lopez says:

dat bitch kimbella got everything she deserved!!!! Chrissy just was being real! if I had a good friend going through what emily was i would of did the exact same thing.. it seemed like kim bella was tryin to bring down emily just has emily is letting go and forgeting bout fab trying to celebrate this bitch wanna bring up old shit and fuck up da night.. STOP hating kim bella on emily

2. angelita neil says:

chrissy you did the right thing when you whipped that hoe”s.
    ass the only reason why kim came to emily”s get together is so she can start some shit. that was the first time she has ever meant emily so why did she even care that emily is brancding out on her own.

3. angelita neil says:

kim i watched the show all night u got your hoe ass kicked lol.

4. angelita neil says:

emliy you need to speak up when it come”s to a situation like that. you should have been the one
    kicking ass not chrissy.

5. angelita neil says:

no way in hell a bitch is going to tell me to my face she was fucking my man. weather we broke up or not; she would be making a denist appointment for denture front and back.

6. angelita neil says:

kim you need to take some of that make up off your face looking like your ready for a casket.

7. angelita neil says:

kimbella you call your self a real bitch. a real bitch would have called emily on the phone made a lunch date and told her that bullshit.you are fake as thay come. you were out to hurt her fillings you cement face looking bitch.

8. tyrhonda says:

CHRISSY, GOOD JOB SHE NEED HER BUTT BEAT DOWN SHE SO FACKE ITS NOT EVEN REAL , FREAK HER SHE A BIRD. KEEP YOUR HEAD UP LOV.

9. Renee says:

She didn’t know they were together and Faboulous didn’t tell her.

10. bubbles says:

I’m with you. I feel she was keeping it real instead of being a corny broad and sitting smiling in her face knowing the situation.Kimbella was just being honest and real and Chrissy a hoodrat.

11. bubbles says:

why you got such harsh feelings towards Kim did she sleep with ya man.

12. bubbles says:

I feel like Chrissy was fighting over somebody else dick I mean what does she wanna sleep with Juelz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Vicky says:

Honestly that wasnt the place she should have taken Emily to the side and told her and said I apologize I didnt know u were in the pic because Fab didnt mention or even hint that u existed. Fab should have gotten his ass beat cause realistically speaking he was the one with Em not Kim. But if ya observed Kims face as Em is speaking she like bitch let me crash ur whole shit and I think Chrissy observed and just reacted for a friend. I would do that for my friends fuck all that lmaoo i’m just saying! TEAM CHRISSY!!!! lmaoo

14. Sassy says:

I totally agree, bubbles, you hit it on the head. As for Fab, he aint shit. Chrissy should have minded her business and wait for her turn when somebody confronts her about her man. Lets see how hood she is then.

15. Sassy says:

I don’t think that Chrissy should have been the one to put her hands on Kimbella. Where is Emily’s satisfacton out of the whole thing. Chrissy just showed her aggressive demeanor. Kimbella was out of line for confronting Emily at that time, you are right, she should have told her privately. At the same time, Fab had a loyalty, or not to Emily, not Kimbella. Fab disregarded his relationship with Emily. Leaves you to wonder whether she was evef relevant in his life. She shouldnt have been surprised, she never had him to herself.

16. Sassy says:

I agree with everything you said except for the fact that Chrissy was right. WRONG! Chrissy should put that energy into her and Jim’s relationship, not Emilys. It is time for Emily to stand up and be a woman. She shouldnt need anyone to fight her battles. I’m just saying………………………….

17. Sassy says:

Chrissy is acting like the hood rat that she is. Money dont change who you are. It’S IN THE BLOOD. I just feel sorry for Emily. GET A BACKBONE GIRL. GO SLUG THAT B*TCH YOURSELF. LET HER FEEL YOUR PAIN.

18. Sassy says:

If you would take the time to hear people out, maybe you wouldnt react the way you say you would. How would Kimbella know that Emily was with Fab. He didnt make her relevant. Seems like not too many people knew who she was in his life until after they broke up. Fab dont get a free card for his role in this. Everybody keeps commenting on Kimbella, what about Fab. He was with Emily, not Kimbella.

19. shellie` says:

well emily wasnt abt to do shit so chrisyy had to step in..

20. X says:

EXACTLY. THAT’s what she wanted her first impression to be? Not a good look. And after she admitted it, and Emily said she was pregnant at the time, she didn’t even GAF and it was written all over her face that she did not CARE. She smirked like she was getting over on someone.

21. Jersey973 says:

chrissy is a TOTAL psychotic unintelligent B***H!

22. Nikki says:

Chrissy was wrong. Both ladies are grown. Kumbella felt the need to tell her right then. Emily was ready to toast it up. That should have been the end. She (kim) didn’t want the shit coming from other people..she wanted to put it out on the table up everyone since she was in their circle. She could have pulled her to the side …true..but I think chrissy would have stillacted a damn fool because that’s who she is. She always has to make her point the only point and the right point. Emily trying over fab and for what? He has done nothing but cheat on her and openly. Chrissy will be fighting everybody over emilys dumb ass!!

23. Surina Barret says:

See it’s not about Crissy! She aint Emily’s damn savor! I mean that was Emily’s lil girls meeting, she should have kicked her ass out! I mean, Crissy worrying about somebody else fuckin somebody else’s man, and Jim don’t even look happy! And he just may be fuckin off too! Worry about ya own damn man! And as soon as her ass got up, Kimbella should have got up because she had already rushed her and knocked Mandy over. She should have had her gaurd waaay up! Wit crissy’s classless ass!

24. Surina Barret says:

Like mama Jones said!

25. Surina Barret says:

Exacly! Yo dick aint even safe PSYCHOTIC BIIIII! Some chick I ain’t even going to say no names may be screwin him that on that show! Ya just never know! While you watchin somebody else!

26. Liz says:

Chrissy,you need to listen front before you jump on something that, you cannot handle, and watch your man. Think about it why hasn’t he married you yet, after eight years boooooo.

27. sweet p says:

beat that ass chrissy because were i from little rock,ark we dont play at all …southwest. G.M.P

28. sweet p says:

FOR THE ONES THAT THINK CHRISSY WAS WORNG..BITCH GET YOUR MIND WIRGHT..LITTLE ROCK,ARK

29. kw says:

Chrissy is a bully,Kimbella should of told Emily privately but that was not Chrissy fight.Chrissy needs to worry about her man. Chrissy leave Yandy alone she is Jim manager and that’s it.Yandy is a good manager and it is good seeing a sister doing her thing.Chrissy stop hating

30. Stacy Smith says:

That lets you know who your real friends are……I know my girls would do the same for me If I was like Emily…but I’m not. Any bitch that think it’s okay to come to your house and tell you they f***ed your deserves a BEATDOWN!!!!!

31. danell says:

chrissy you did a good job girl .you are real

32. Destiny says:

I feel that in a way, Chrissy was wrong because just like kim should have to Emily to the side, Chrissy should have did that as well. Thats alot for me to say that having Chrissy as my #1 fav. character. But Kimbella Was sooo Wrong For doing that to emily . For her to sit there and listen to e,ily explain what she went throught for the past 9 years & how shes moving on … and yue just blurt it out that you and her babydaddy used to fuck around? Cumon Now… You Coulda been more classier than that. What typr opf bitch is kimbella at the end of the day? By You showing up to Emily’s Place , showed that you cared about her strength to move on . ITS A CELEBRATION ! Why would you do that? Kim should have took her to the side as well as Chrissy … Period.

33. Lyfe is so BEAUTIFUL so people need 2 live it @ the fullness u only have 1 and havin christ n your LYFE just makes it even better.