After shutting down rumors of a $5 million deal with Revolt TV, Joe Budden has confirmed he’s indeed moved on from Complex to Diddy’s network. The confirmation came when Budden arrived at the Bad Boy Records founder’s New Year’s Eve party Sunday, Dec. 31.
“Are you ready to get money with me?” Diddy asks. “That’s it.”
“Are you ready to get money with me?” Budden responds as the two shake hands.
“Are you ready for us to put this Black excellence on a whole other platform?” Diddy continues. “I want you to ask the hard questions.”
The statement alluded to Budden’s approach on Complex’s “Everyday Struggle” where he was unafraid to make his stance known. Most notably, he clashed with Migos at the 2017 MTV Video Music Awards. But things are all good, apparently, since Budden now says he “loves the Migos.”
Updates On Joe Budden
Details on Budden’s deal with Revolt are unclear but it comes on the heels of the year-end special “This Year Was Dope/Trash,” which was done with Charlamagne Tha God for Diddy’s channel.
The “Pump It Up” performer walked away from Verizon-owned Complex over creative and financial differences, as Budden said he wasn’t getting paid what he was worth.
“I cannot create a show and you sell the f—— properties of that show without cutting a slice to the n—- that make that f——show possible, sorry,” he said on the Wednesday, Dec. 27 edition of “The Joe Budden Podcast.”
He also laughed at the rumors that the cable music channel paid him $5 million to do a podcast. Since then, Budden has been steadily promising he’s got something new coming.
Now, that new thing is here and many have been praising the star.
When you asked Puff if he was ready to get money with YOU is my mood all '18 💪🏾☺️
— HOTT TV (@NisaHott) January 1, 2018
— ♏eko (@Undeniable_G) January 2, 2018