‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Sexual Misconduct Investigation a Huge Case of Contradictions

0
2761
DeMario Jackson and Corinne Olympios have contradictory memories of a steamy experience in Mexico. (ABC)

After one week of filming, production on “Bachelor In Paradise” has been halted “indefinitely” as a female contestant reportedly says she doesn’t remember the reported sexual act she engaged in.

“The Bachelor” season 21 alum Corinne Olympios and “The Bachelorette” season 13 star DeMario Jackson got hot and heavy in a pool in Sayulita, Mexico, according to TMZ, but Olympios reportedly was blackout drunk, unable to consent. She apparently doesn’t blame Jackson, who recalls “rubbing, touching and fingering” her genitals, for the sexual escapade. Instead, she points the finger to production crew who didn’t intervene sooner when sources claimed she found herself naked in a pool.

According to E! Online sources, a hook-up between Olympios, who reportedly was only in the competition for fun and has a boyfriend, and Jackson had been encouraged ahead of filming on Sunday, June 4.

Olympios reportedly doesn’t remember anything about what happened, however, sources told TMZ that Olympios caught wind of what occurred the next day from cast members. According to her, the cast said they told the crew about her unsober state, but nothing was done to prevent a sexual act from happening. Yet, sources from the crew deny anyone complained about Olympios’ state and those knowledgeable about the footage claim she seemed “fully engaged” in the act.

Production on “The Bachelor” spin-off series was shut down Sunday, June 11, after Warner Bros. became “aware of allegations of misconduct on the set of ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ in Mexico.

“We have suspended production and we are conducting a thorough investigation of these allegations,” it said in a statement. “Once the investigation is complete, we will take appropriate responsive action.”

Most of the cast, sans Jackson and Olympios, were pictured flying home Sunday. Amid the investigation, one contestant alleged to People magazine that the fourth season may not complete filming.

“[The producer] was like, ‘I don’t think that’s realistic,'” the anonymous contestant said. “She said that there was an investigation going on, and that could take days, weeks or even months. And by that time, we all have lives and jobs and things to go back to, so it just wasn’t going to work out.

“They told us that we’d be considered for future seasons and opportunities in the franchise, but that this adventure was probably over.”

Comments: Get Heard