Translate »
Sunday, October 26th, 2014

Star Wars Sequel Won't Find Its Director In Brad Bird Either…

Brad Bird is the next director to publicly decline the job to direct the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII. While responding to a fan on Twitter, the director officially announced that he will not be at the helm for the Star Wars sequel.

Brad Bird ‏@BradBirdA113:

“@ClarkGoble: tell me your next one is the new Star Wars!” Nope. A science fiction film. Not Star Wars.

“That said, Michael Arndt is a fantastic writer and Kathy Kennedy is a brilliant producer. I will be first in line to see the new STAR WARS.”

Last week, three high profile Hollywood directors also turned down the possibility of directing the film. Steven Spielberg told Access Hollywood when asked will he direct, “No! No! It’s not my genre. It’s my best friend George’s genre.” Quentin Tarantino on the other hand spoke to EW saying, “I could so care less. Especially if Disney’s going to do it. I’m not interested in the Simon West version of Star Wars.” Zack Snyder said while talking to the LA Times that, “I’m a huge ‘Star Wars’ fanatic. I just think doing [episodes] seven, eight and nine is just a slippery slope.”

It seems as though it’s the sentiment with all of the A-list directors who have turned down the job so far. They don’t have much confidence in the project. More details on the Star Wars sequel coming soon…

Speak Your Mind